shape
carat
color
clarity

Experience eye! How thick do you think this shank looks?

j1988l

Rough_Rock
Hi guys! Ok so we asked for a halo with a dainty shank, under 2mm. Originally I wanted it to be 1.8 but the guy said 2mm was better. Just some info on the spex, the center diamond is 1.25ct. Is it just me or does the shank look way bigger than 2mm? Is it just the angle of the picture?

What do you think? I realize I'm not going to get an exact answer but was hoping that someone who has seen a lot of rings/worked with rings would be able to eyeball an estimate.

PS. I can’t get info from the designer because I’m not in touch with him! My so says its 2mm, but they also said they would do a perfect replica of a halo we asked for which had a thinner, 23 diamonds halo and it ended up being 13 bigger diamonds instead (Which i dont necessarily mind, i just dont trust they will make what they promise)

Thanks!

b3334756-bfa7-43e1-9caa-0f5705aab2c5.jpg

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
thick? Or wide? In my opinion, it looks like a 2mm, because it seems wider than the very narrow one I'm having to have redone right now. I wanted what YOU have, here! Going by the looks, anyway. Pretty.

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
There is no way of telling from this picture. What I can say though, based on this picture and view of the ring, it looks lovely and proportionate to the halo. But what I think is irrelevant, I am not the person wearing it.
:wavey:

j1988l

Rough_Rock
Thank you! That's lovely to hear, I've been waiting for this ring for forever and seeing as how they didn't make the halo as we had decided (and didn't mention it) I wasn't sure if the same thing happened with the shank! It surely looks bigger from this angle than it would from for example above, so I got a little concerned :) But thank you! :love:

j1988l

Rough_Rock
N-jo|1477481352|4090649 said:
thick? Or wide? In my opinion, it looks like a 2mm, because it seems wider than the very narrow one I'm having to have redone right now. I wanted what YOU have, here! Going by the looks, anyway. Pretty.

Thank you!!! I meant 'wide' but I guess it depends as what you count as thickness on the band :) I'm really starting to like it more and more, just to be clear, here is a picture of what we wanted. As you can see it doesn't look that similar. But I think I actually quite like the bigger diamonds in the halo!
3ac3b0d9-109b-4fa0-b741-0040b441b3dd.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks a little wide to be but I'm not sure if its more than 2mm. I think the heaviness of the shank also gives the illusion that its
wider. I guess no pictures of it on a finger? I wonder if the jeweler can maybe polish it down towards the stone (taper it) so that
it looks thinner on the top of your finger.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results