shape
carat
color
clarity

Examples of new AGS grading reports for round and princess

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks mate. And also thanks for addressing the contrast question as well. So it appears that GIA and AGS are on the same page regarding their position on contrast. That is good.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2005 4:16:40 PM
Author: Rhino
Thanks mate. And also thanks for addressing the contrast question as well. So it appears that GIA and AGS are on the same page regarding their position on contrast. That is good.

[ LOL. You and I are simultaneously discussing this in 2 threads. ]

You're welcome
1.gif
Just posted this...

Sir Rhino - I believe these two schools meet, in the sense that slight leakage at facet junctions enhances the effects of obscuration. AGS has said they are concerned with "distribution of the contrast pattern produced by obscuration" which is in line with this way of thinking: A diamond with no pinpoint leakage may look the same as a diamond with slight pinpoint leakage in an illumination scenario where no obscuration occurs... But when obscuration occurs the one with pinpoint leakage has an enhanced distribution of contrast.

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/20/2005 4:07:46 PM
Author: JohnQuixote

I fear this thead (like many before it) could get hijacked by yet another hashing out of arguments already well-documented.
Please accept my apologies, I did not mean to start another hashing. I was just excited to learn more about the AGS grading for princess. I've never heard about the ASET techinque and am intrigued. No hijacking from me.
2.gif

Thanks a ton for all the info so far! As a new consumer of diamonds and being completely new to this industry I greatly appreciate it! I hate getting screwed and robbed (as everyone else hates it equally) so this info really helps me.

Thanks again!
Ukieza

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Ukieza - no apologies nec. You would not be the hijacker.

There are several of us who are stubborn and irascible (curmudgeon-like, actually) and will Brilliance-Brawl at the drop of a thread. I'm just trying to give peace a chance
9.gif
(...in this topic)

Your questions have been excellent. Ideal, even.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LOL... you don''t have to worry about any hijacking here.
emotion-5.gif
I am a kinder, gentler Rhino.
emotion-15.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/20/2005 4:32:40 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
Actually that graphic is from ASET Rhino
here you will find the original Glibertson scope scheme that I used in creating HCA
http://www.diamond-cut.com.au/07_gilbertson.htm
Correct mate. I recall the Gilbertson graphic back from the DT days. Isn''t it funny how blokes who were blasting the technology not too long ago will now perhaps want to consult it''s results?
emsmilep.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/20/2005 5:45:57 PM
Author: Rhino
LOL... you don''t have to worry about any hijacking here.
emotion-5.gif
I am a kinder, gentler Rhino.
emotion-15.gif

Now THAT is a scary thought!

Great info guys, thanks for posting it.

Hey Paul, send me the "botched" cert for my stone, it will be a great collectors item!

Wink

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
We have just received the corrected grading reports, with a proper profile-view of a princess. This means that the other ones with the profile of a round brilliant are truly collector''s items. Anyway, this is a proper one:

4136AGS.jpg

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/23/2005 6:24:15 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
Thanks Paul,

Interesting - it is an AGA 2B.

Without the chart to refer to and make the correct selection of other pav and crown angles AGS are giving little away. Clever.

I don't get it. "AGA 2B" ?? What does that mean?

Also, I thought they weren't printing certs before May 2, 2005. The last one with the profile of a round brilliant was printed May 2, 2005 and this one April 28, 2005. I don't get it... Did they try to make an update and sent you the screwed up version but after you told them about the error they sent you their previous version?

I'm Confused....
33.gif

Ukieza

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/23/2005 10:08:42 AM
Author: Ukieza

I don''t get it. ''AGA 2B'' ?? What does that mean?
AGA (Accredited Gem Appraisers), represented here by David Atlass (oldminer), www.gemappraisers.com , had developed cut-grading charts available for fancy shapes, which were the only guidelines available over the past years.

These charts were based upon observations of available stones. According to these charts, this particular stone would be graded 2B, which is the 4th grade in AGA.

It is a clear example how AGS has us thinking outside of the box, and has us producing exceptionally fine stones, which do not fit into the traditional way of thinking.

Also, I thought they weren''t printing certs before May 2, 2005. The last one with the profile of a round brilliant was printed May 2, 2005 and this one April 28, 2005. I don''t get it... Did they try to make an update and sent you the screwed up version but after you told them about the error they sent you their previous version?
These dates confuse me too. The stone was graded well before the end of April, and I do not understand which date they use to put on the report.

Live long,

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
Ah, thanks for the explanation! Much appreciated!

-Ukieza

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results