shape
carat
color
clarity

Examples of 3 stone rings with large (4ct) round centers?

theshirlgirlNS

Rough_Rock
I should be receiving my upgraded diamond (4,23ct J VS1 ACA) this week. I’ve asked for it in a classic setting that will be temporary until I figure out how I want to permanently set it. I’ve always liked 3 stone settings - with round, baguettes, trillions or pears as side stone, however, I don’t know if that approach would be realistic for a 4ct diamond (that I don’t want to detract from). I’ve searched the threads but don’t see many examples with a large round brilliant center. Anyone have something they could share? Any experience on what would be good sidestones that would compliment and not compete with the center stone? My finger is a 6.25. Appreciate any input you could give - thanks!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Here is a 4 carat ring from Graff with baguette sides!

theshirlgirlNS

Rough_Rock
Here is a 4 carat ring from Graff with baguette sides!

Ugh! Now that I went through that thread and @Hammy123’s journey, I’m wondering if I should stick with a solitaire! I love the look of a classic solitaire, but it’s what I’ve had for awhile and feel like I want a change…

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Ugh! Now that I went through that thread and @Hammy123’s journey, I’m wondering if I should stick with a solitaire! I love the look of a classic solitaire, but it’s what I’ve had for awhile and feel like I want a change…

I get it! I like a lot of different looks too! Maybe you could go try different styles on?

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
David Klass made a band for someone that, when worn, appears to be a three-stone, but when removed, you have your solitaire. Let me go look for that… brb
Link to DK insta
Edit to add the link to DK’s insta. This is super cool!

Last edited:

theshirlgirlNS

Rough_Rock
David Klass made a band for someone that, when worn, appears to be a three-stone, but when removed, you have your solitaire. Let me go look for that… brb
Link to DK insta
Edit to add the link to DK’s insta. This is super cool!

OMG - that would be utterly perfect! I’m always trying to mix up the look of my solitaire with different bands. Having the sidestones that could be used whenever I wanted would be the best of both worlds.

Why aren’t more vendors offering this? (Or maybe they are and I’ve just missed it).

Thank you SOOOO much for this suggestion!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know right? He could totally do that for your solitaire. I’d have him to it for mine, but mine is in a cathedral setting, so it wouldn’t work. Alas, there are more diamonds with which to make more rings :)

Rockcollector

Shiny_Rock
OMG - that would be utterly perfect! I’m always trying to mix up the look of my solitaire with different bands. Having the sidestones that could be used whenever I wanted would be the best of both worlds.

Why aren’t more vendors offering this? (Or maybe they are and I’ve just missed it).

Thank you SOOOO much for this suggestion!

So back in 1990s they made rings with stones on the side to fit around a solitaire. I have one with sapphires and diamonds somewhere at home. I think they called them
Ring guards?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results