shape
carat
color
clarity

Evvie !!! I finally have the inpiration pics I promised you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lady A... oh you lucky lady!!! I have to say that they are my FAVORITE jeweler for unique designs as they have obvious heirloom quality pieces that make my fingers twitch! I LOVE the setting of the ring you got (and love the ring on that page with the P word period). 9000 for the morganite? Not bad. Better than Tiffany. I saw a lovely tourmaline in an average setting there a while back for 14K. I'd rather have that morganite, let me tell you! PS sacriledge but if I had a choice between an LM piece and one of theirs... I'd pic theirs almost everytime.

As for browsing websites... I'm go through all of the ones on the PS vendor page all the time. When I watch TV, I need to multi-task if I'm nervous or anxious I'm always flipping through pics on the vendor sites. Something catches my eye, I download it.

As for what we are inspiring Evvie to do... she wants to expand her bling collection to include COLOR, which she has a woeful lack of at present. And she doesn't want three stone settings. Now, I am jonesing for a three stone so I have a bunch of pics of three and five stones I'm saving up (most are LM three stones) for a future project. But I promised her I'd post the pics of non-three stone/ five stone rings I've been saving up.

Evelynn

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy, you are so sweet!! Thank you for your uninhibited enabling! (Did I spell that right??)

All she posted, yes - it''s true....I have nothing of color in my jewel box. Not one single small sapphire, not one single Aquamarine (which happens to be my birthstone!) Nada! I am really hoping to pick up an emerald, or perhaps a ruby/spinel/other red specimen for a ring. I have been given a budget of abour 25k...if that helps!

Oh how I wish I were in the SoCal area, I could stop in that glorious store and browse! Perhaps I could even get someone to be my enabler! I am guessing they have much more up close in person than they show online... the tragedies of living in the midwest
7.gif

And 9k for that stunning Morganite ring is very reasonable! That setting is SO intricate, I wonder what the sideview looks like!

LadyAmethyst69, I didn''t get a chance to phone them this afternoon, but I am going to try to call tomorrow AM. Maybe they have something already SET with an emerald!!
30.gif

sera

Ideal_Rock
OMG I LOVE this color!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I am going to have to make a trip to their store!

23rd st lt blu.gif

sera

Ideal_Rock
OH! OMG! I want these stacked on my finger!!!

23rd st pink stacking.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2007 12:13:54 AM
Author: Gypsy
Lady A... oh you lucky lady!!! I have to say that they are my FAVORITE jeweler for unique designs as they have obvious heirloom quality pieces that make my fingers twitch! I LOVE the setting of the ring you got (and love the ring on that page with the P word period). 9000 for the morganite? Not bad. Better than Tiffany. I saw a lovely tourmaline in an average setting there a while back for 14K. I''d rather have that morganite, let me tell you! PS sacriledge but if I had a choice between an LM piece and one of theirs... I''d pic theirs almost everytime.

As for browsing websites... I''m go through all of the ones on the PS vendor page all the time. When I watch TV, I need to multi-task if I''m nervous or anxious I''m always flipping through pics on the vendor sites. Something catches my eye, I download it.

As for what we are inspiring Evvie to do... she wants to expand her bling collection to include COLOR, which she has a woeful lack of at present. And she doesn''t want three stone settings. Now, I am jonesing for a three stone so I have a bunch of pics of three and five stones I''m saving up (most are LM three stones) for a future project. But I promised her I''d post the pics of non-three stone/ five stone rings I''ve been saving up.
Well then I had better get busy posting more of my gemstones. I''m a color nut! I have a gorgeous morganite single stone ring set in pink gold with pave diamonds all over. To die for I''m tellin ya!

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2007 12:34:43 AM
Author: Evelynn
Gypsy, you are so sweet!! Thank you for your uninhibited enabling! (Did I spell that right??)

All she posted, yes - it''s true....I have nothing of color in my jewel box. Not one single small sapphire, not one single Aquamarine (which happens to be my birthstone!) Nada! I am really hoping to pick up an emerald, or perhaps a ruby/spinel/other red specimen for a ring. I have been given a budget of abour 25k...if that helps!

Oh how I wish I were in the SoCal area, I could stop in that glorious store and browse! Perhaps I could even get someone to be my enabler! I am guessing they have much more up close in person than they show online... the tragedies of living in the midwest
7.gif

And 9k for that stunning Morganite ring is very reasonable! That setting is SO intricate, I wonder what the sideview looks like!

LadyAmethyst69, I didn''t get a chance to phone them this afternoon, but I am going to try to call tomorrow AM. Maybe they have something already SET with an emerald!!
30.gif
OMG Evie I know THE PERFECT Aqua ring for you. Single stone, 10 - 12 cts, emerald/rectangular cushion cut (can''t remember exactly which) handmade setting in white gold with a gorgeous thin halo and pave diamonds. The basket on that ring is stunning!! I''ll have to go get some photos of it for you. The color of the Aqua is fabulous.

Or maybe if you only want a little color I can interest you in the 10ct marquise cut diamond I tried on today (LOL) - K-L color very very faint brown tone to it, just enough to warm it up. Don''t worry I got photos. I need those photos as proof that I once had a rock that huge on my finger, if only for 5 minutes. LOL! I''ll have to hassle hubby to upload them for me.
9.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Sera - I love that blue color too - so icy and elegant!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I used to shop there a lot. Santa Monica is the first one they opened, and much later they opened the one in Manhattan Beach, which I never visited. They do have some amazing pieces...

Evelynn

Shiny_Rock
5.gif

Date: 10/23/2007 2:57:14 AM
Author: LadyAmythyst69

7.gif

30.gif
OMG Evie I know THE PERFECT Aqua ring for you. Single stone, 10 - 12 cts, emerald/rectangular cushion cut (can''t remember exactly which) handmade setting in white gold with a gorgeous thin halo and pave diamonds. The basket on that ring is stunning!! I''ll have to go get some photos of it for you. The color of the Aqua is fabulous.

Or maybe if you only want a little color I can interest you in the 10ct marquise cut diamond I tried on today (LOL) - K-L color very very faint brown tone to it, just enough to warm it up. Don''t worry I got photos. I need those photos as proof that I once had a rock that huge on my finger, if only for 5 minutes. LOL! I''ll have to hassle hubby to upload them for me.
9.gif
Stephanie (if its alright I call you by your first name
5.gif
) please please share! Anything with the description of "handmade setting, thin halo, pave diamonds" gets me every time!!!!

And a 10ct marquise?!?!
23.gif

I plan on phoning them around noon my time...my cousin went to the hospital last night around 2:30am with contractions! Yipee! I love babies!! It will be the first in my extended family...I am so excited!! So needless to say, I am hanging around the house all day! (She and I were very close growing up, and are very much like sisters!)

I am so jealous of you all who live in that area - you can drop in whenever you feel the need to play with jewels!! I wish there was some place similar here....guess a west coast mini-vacation is in order soon!
31.gif
28.gif
It would make purchasing so much easier, verbal descriptions via phone can only give a girl so much information!

1.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
*rubs hands in anticipation* Lady A... you''re not teasing us with promises of pics are you? Cause I am DYING to see what you''ve got up your sleeve. ALL of the rings you''ve talked about sound delicious.
31.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2007 10:55:46 AM
5.gif

Date: 10/23/2007 2:57:14 AM
Author: LadyAmythyst69

7.gif

30.gif

9.gif
Stephanie (if its alright I call you by your first name
5.gif
) please please share! Anything with the description of ''handmade setting, thin halo, pave diamonds'' gets me every time!!!!

And a 10ct marquise?!?!
23.gif

I plan on phoning them around noon my time...my cousin went to the hospital last night around 2:30am with contractions! Yipee! I love babies!! It will be the first in my extended family...I am so excited!! So needless to say, I am hanging around the house all day! (She and I were very close growing up, and are very much like sisters!)

I am so jealous of you all who live in that area - you can drop in whenever you feel the need to play with jewels!! I wish there was some place similar here....guess a west coast mini-vacation is in order soon!
31.gif
28.gif
It would make purchasing so much easier, verbal descriptions via phone can only give a girl so much information!

1.gif
Of course you can!!

Baby! Congrats - do you know if it''s a boy or girl yet??

I''ll go over and get pics of the aqua sometime next week. I can''t get over there until then.
7.gif
They are the same people who made my morganite ring so I''ll have to get pics of that too.

But I can and will hassle my hubby to upload those marquise pics. It''s pretty unbelievable!

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2007 12:04:48 PM
Author: Gypsy
*rubs hands in anticipation* Lady A... you''re not teasing us with promises of pics are you? Cause I am DYING to see what you''ve got up your sleeve. ALL of the rings you''ve talked about sound delicious.
31.gif
Not teasing on purpose! But any talk of fab jewels without pics is a tease isn''t it?
31.gif
LOL!

I will def. get photos up of all these pieces. It''s just a matter of getting my Hubby & me and good lighting all in one place at one time. Since I''ve got two kids, four dogs and a house under going renovation that is sometimes an impossible task. LOL! It will take some time but don''t worry you will have much eye candy...
9.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Evvie - did you ever call 23rd street? Are you holding out on us??
27.gif
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results