shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Even Elopers Deserve Engagement Rings

wikkidsmaht

Rough_Rock
Hi y'all,

I'm a longtime PS fangirl and have made many wonderful jewelry purchases thanks to your collective knowledge. I'm particularly thrilled to share my latest acquisition.

My husband and I married earlier this month in a spur-of-the-moment elopement. It was romantic, exciting, and I got to avoid planning a big wedding and all of the accompanying stress. Unfortunately, that also means I never got to wear an engagement ring alone, as our engagement lasted all of a week (we bought the ring on Monday, decided on a date on Wednesday, and held a ceremony for 25 guests that Sunday)! We picked out the setting and diamond at the Whiteflash showroom while I was in Houston for Thanksgiving. I highly recommend visiting if you can - I've been a couple of times and it's so much fun to play around with all their beautiful baubles! I received my new ring on Christmas Eve and I'm absolutely floored with how gorgeous this ring is in person.

The center is a 2.504 ct J VS2 ACA. I had a hard time deciding between different color grades until I saw the stones in person. Ultimately, I preferred the gentle warmth of a J against my skin to a more icy white stone, though it faces up incredibly white and only really shows color if I look for it from the side.

The setting is the Vatché Swan in platinum with french pavé along the shank. I wear a size 6 ring, and the diamond honestly feels a bit big, but I'm hoping I'll get used to it quickly. The band I'm wearing is a 2mm milgrain band from Tiffany. I travel internationally for work, and wanted a simple band I could wear when my ring isn't appropriate. This band has a bit of a gap against the ring, but a low enough profile that it doesn't hide the beautiful side profile.

Anyways, enough blabber - here are some pictures!

vatche-swan-french-pave-diamond-engagement-ring-in-platinum-for-whiteflash_36821_g__1__0.jpg

vatche-swan-french-pave-diamond-engagement-ring-in-platinum-for-whiteflash_36821_f__1_.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Your ring is a classic beauty and looks amazing on your hand. Gorgeous profile. :love: Wear her in health and happiness. :appl:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's gorgeous! Wear it in much health and happiness!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations and your rings are beautiful! :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First of all - congratulations on your engagement and marriage! The ring is just beautiful and looks perfect on your hand. I love the six swoopy prongs on that mounting!

Best wishes for a lifetime of happiness!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Always love a good ol' MRB for an ER, especially an ACA! :cheeky: Congrats again!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous ring!! :love: :love: :love: The setting is fabulous and that diamond is amazing!! A 2.5 ACA, how wonderful! Hang in there, you'll be used to it in no time :D I love the Tiffany band with it, it's the perfect height and all of the pretty details of the ering show so well…Congrats!! :appl:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful...I love the Vatche Swan. Congratulations!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Your ring is beautiful!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous ring! Congratulations on your marriage and beautiful bling!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is just gorgeous!!! :love: I'll have to say, I'd rather have that ring than a big wedding any day! Lucky you to have been able to visit WF! I love the Tiffany band, too!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!! It's absolutely perfection!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: Congrats on your wedding and your gorgeous ring!!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, eloping sounds so romantic!

Your ring is beautiful!

Daisyoz

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful ring! Congratulations on your wedding!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous and looks lovely on your hand paired with your band. Congratulations on your wedding!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring, I love the swan setting!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
A 2.5 carat ACA?! WOW!! You are sporting a magnificent ring there! It must be a disco ball in person. Congrats on a stunning ring and your marriage!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it's absolutely gorgeous!!!!! Congratulations! :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh lala!!! I LOVE the Vatche Swan setting - those lovely 'swoops' get me every time!! your ring is FABULOUS!!! Beautiful and timeless --- it just draws me in!

Congratulations on your wedding and engagement ring!!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Wonderful ring, wonderful story! Congratulations! :appl:

MonkeysInk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! And congratulations on your wedding!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hi

SWAEEEETTT! Congrats! :love:

cheers--Sharon

himni

Shiny_Rock
Wear it in love, health and happiness
Such a classic ring, and amazing finger coverage!

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
Such a beautiful, classic ring! ACAs are stunning aren't they?! :love:

Congratulations on your wedding!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!!!!! Fabulous - congrats!!!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I love that setting too! Beautiful stone…. :love: Congrats- we eloped too! ;-)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! That's a showstopper and I bet you will "get used to it", though, I wouldn't want to! Gorgeous set!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous diamond :love: Your setting is classic and adds just the right amount of bling to make that stone pop!
Stunning! Congratulations!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results