shape
carat
color
clarity

european cut diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Minko, if you do go with modern cuts on the side, try to get diamonds with as small a table and as high a crown as possible. The look of these will most closely mimic the look of the Old European Cut. Have the table and crown measured on your stone so you can use it as a comparison. You probably won't be able to get quite as "small and high", but the closer you can get the better.

The suggestion to consider going a grade or two lower on the sides to make the center stone stand out is a valid one. Some people like that look better than all three being the same color, and in this case the difference might help the OEC compete better with the RBC's.

If your stone is a European Cut, (versus an Old European Cut), it will have a larger table and smaller crown than an OEC, but probably still "smaller and higher" than a modern round brilliant.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/30/2005 10:49:50 PM
Author: Richard Sherwood
Minko, if you do go with modern cuts on the side, try to get diamonds with as small a table and as high a crown as possible.
I don't know if this has something to do with the forthcomming rewamp of the AGS0 grade... but there are a few ACA and other "ideals" with 53% tables lurking around. I am trying not to think what the modern light return standards plus the firecracker crown layout do when mixed together !
31.gif

The GemAdviser model above is a bit pessimistic. there's better than that
2.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
gasp. I saw diamondangel''s avatar and got nervous for a minute. Sheeesss hhheerrrreeee.

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Where is one usually able to view an OEC? I imagine an estate jeweler? I don''t know that I have ever seen one, but am very intrigued by a stone produces a great amount of fire.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Noonersmom,
yep, your''e right. I got my OEC from a local estate jeweler...you should try to hunt want down to look at. they do have tons of fire and are very pretty IMHO
2.gif

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Mr Salvo...will try to check it out this week-end! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results