shape
carat
color
clarity

Eternity Ring by Signed Pieces

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Eternity Ring by Signed Pieces

Here’s a review of an eternity ring I purchased to match the Jubilee Ring I made.It’s a 27 stone, 4 points each, for a total of 1.09 carats.VVS/VS clarity and F/G color.Mounting is shared prong platinum.Facets brand.Some of you may remember me asking for suggestions for this.I think this may be the first time in Pricescope history that someone was talked into going with smaller stones!I’m glad I did.It looks perfect with the Jubilee ring.

Stones

Represented as full Russian cut stones of VVS to VS clarity and F/G color.The stones appear very white and sparkly.Stones are full cut and some show arrows as in the picture below.Most stones do not have a complete arrow pattern, but it is virtually impossible to tell without magnification or a viewer.Idealscopes show that most stones have very good light return but there is the occasional deep cut stone.However, with stones this size and in an eternity ring it is virtually impossible to tell the difference without an IdealScope.Overall very good stones, white, sparkly with fire; excellent considering the price.

/idealbb/files/melstones.jpg

Mounting

Die struck platinum mounting that is very cleanly and accurately made.Good polish and workmanship.Claimed to be made in the New York area.The precise nature of the die struck mounting allows the stones to be set lower which is good if eternity rings bother the sides and bottom of your fingers. It also allows the use of a minimum amount of metal, which makes the setting light and creates a style, which showcases the stones and not the metal.It is quite different from a standard Stuller four prong piece which shos more metal an makes each stone almost look square and sits them up higher.If you what to see mostly stones and want a lower setting, then this is perfect.If you like the feel a heavy cast piece and like more metal showing, then this may not be ideal.Overall, very good mounting.

/idealbb/files/setetrng.jpg

Customer Service

Here is where I was pleasantly surprised.I called and asked about the details of the ring, the stones and the setting and felt comfortable enough to place an order after speaking to Isaac for about 20 minutes.It would take 5 to 7 days to be made.The return policy is 30 days for any reason, even on pieces made to order, which mine was.He has originally estimated 28 stones and a weight of 1.13 C, but it worked out to 27 stones.When I was told about it, I was credited more than the value of the one stone, before I could say don’t worry about it!I asked about when the 30 day clock started, from order, shipping or receipt. I was told not to worry, they would extend if necessary, they wanted me to be happy.I was informed that it would be shipped two day FedEx and when I just mentioned I would be away on business the day it would arrive, but someone else would receive it, they offered next day air!I received it as promised.Outstanding!

Value

Outstanding.The cost of the entire ring was less than some vendors charge for melee.

/idealbb/files/etrng.jpg

/idealbb/files/DSC00163.jpg

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
i'm drooling...
lickout.gif
....just WOW.

speechless.
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

and oh yeah
love.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Noobie, WOW !!!
love.gif
That is a very beautiful eternity band.
So white, so sparkly. I really like how you can see the outline of each stone. Congrats on a fine purchase.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Noobie, that band turned out MAGNIFICENT--I am so impressed.
love.gif
love.gif
It is elegant and beautiful and top quality...Post pics w/ the Jubilee ring!!!!!

You pulled off another outstanding purchase. Everything about this ring is just perfect!
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif

PS Your write up was also impressive--a virtual eternity band thesis!

Simply stunning.
1.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
fantastic purchase noobie! i love looking at the pieces on signed pieces
1.gif
glad to see you had a great experience with them

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Noobie, I was just thinking of you today and wondering if you'd gotten the eternity ring yet. Wow, it's gorgeous! Those arrows are amazing! And boy, you took some wonderful pictures of it. Good job!

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
That is a beautiful ring. I love how little metal is visible. Thank you for the excellent and informative review, I have often wondered about the quality of Facets. The customer service in particular sounds outstanding.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
What an impressive presentation. A+++++++
You never cease to amaze me Noobie.

this ring is awesome. Wear it with the ring; wear it without- whatever. This is a great choice. I love it.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
WOW Noobie! That is beautiful! If and when I/we decide an eternity ring is in my future, will you consult? (First DH needs to be educated on what an eternity band is......) You really have figured this stuff out. I love the finger shot -- all those sparkles and such a light, all diamond look.

ChapmanLovesHarvard

Rough_Rock
Wow. That is amazing. This is the first time I have posted something here. I am new to the site, but with that ring, I had to say something. Did you design it yourself? Who made it? It is just amazing!

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
I admire Signed Pieces' stuff all the time, and this write up of yours on a play-by-play of the quality really made my day. Their prices are so good, and I think I definitely wouldn't hesitate to buy from them now. Hmmm, sapphire and diamond eternity band, anyone?

Anyway, congratulations, it's truly beautiful!

reena

Ideal_Rock
I. WANT. IT.

it's fabulous!!! just what i was thinking of for my own wedding band. if you don't mind i might PMyou for the ballpark cost . . .

Congrats!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
CAN I HAVE ONE? I LOVE THAT RING.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous eternity ring Noobie and thank you for the excellent write up.

I ordered a 7 stone 5 pointer diamond band in PT head and 18kt YG shank from Signed Pieces nearly 2 weeks ago and I can say I've never been more pleased when I first opened the box this past Friday! The workmanship is excellent and the diamonds are gorgeous. 5 out of the 7 diamonds have very strong arrows while the other 2 have so-so arrows (more disjointed). Light return is also pretty good for most of them. Very white and sparkly. Firey outdoors and brilliant indoors.

Issac, from Signed Pieces, is very prompt and assured me that I can return the ring with no questions asked if I did not like it for any reason even though mine is a custom piece. I felt I could trust him when we talked over the telephone and I glad it turned out to be more than what I expected. I was initially hesitant and contacted Nicrez, Mara, Kayla 17, MMM and Noobie about the quality of their workmanship and diamonds. Now I would not hesitate to get another piece of jewelry from SP.

My ring is so beautiful that it has to sit alone on my left hand. I couldn't bear to let it share the limelight with my engagement ring. I wore it by itself all weekend and it was just a line of sparkle and fire everywhere I went. At ring size 4.5, the diamonds span across the finger to look like an eternity band. I'm on cloud 9.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring, Noobie. I really like eternity bands with shared prongs, and this one is very well done with its very low profile. Can we get a hand shot with it next to the engagement ring?

DiamondLil

reena

Ideal_Rock
chrono: please post pics of that ring!!!
love.gif
i too am about a size 4.5 and i'm excited to hear that the 7 stone looks eternity from the top down.

and noobie, once again--WOW.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!!!
3.gif

I was referred to their website and loved their Facet collection because I really haven't seen anything that looks right with my solitaire engagement ring

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reena, I want to post the pictures very much but I don't have a scanner or a digital camera. All I say is this piece is very beautiful. It turned out to be much lovelier than I ever expected. The ring does not spin or slide off because of the low setting. My ring is exactly like Noobie's except it only has 7 diamonds. The setting is the same; very very low to the finger. The diamond sparkles so much that I hardly notice the prongs. The prongs are also small so you see nothing but the diamond. Sorry for gushing on and on about the ring but I just love it.

reena

Ideal_Rock
chrono i'm really glad to hear that the ring looks as good in person as it does on the website and in noobie's pictures!

my w-band is going to sit alone on my right ring finger, so i need to find something that's really going to pop, but i don't like bands that are too thick or chunky. i think one of these shared prong bands might be just the thing. you said yours has 5 pointers? in your opinion would that stand out enough when worn alone? i don't think i want to go with stones that are much bigger than that.

i've also thought about doing an asscher shared prong band, since i tend to like square stones, but i bet you it wouldn't be as eyecatching (and actually might not match my cushion e-ring as well as a band of RBs.)

(BTW what's going on with the pricescope logo up at the top there?
confused.gif
)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My SP band sits alone on my finger too. I think it is a shame to make it share the limelight with another ring: that's how lovely it is to me. That said, I notice you have a potential larger bling coming so I don't know this will fit in to the picture.

My 5 pointer ring is 2.5mm across from the front and the band is 2mm. The ring is feminine and I hardly even feel it on my finger. Believe me when I say this thing pops. It's not the size that catches the eye but the brilliance with its pinpoint sparkles. Bring it outside and the fire will keep you mesmerized forever. Bring it inside and the whiteness says "look at me". So it all depends on what you want. If you want a slim line of sparkle on you finger, this is it. If you want large sparklers, you might think this is too small.

I've only noticed the PS logo after you pointed it out.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
WOW noobie! I LUV that ring - just gorgeous! Luv the shared prong setting & the pics w the arrows
3.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
thanks chrono. i have small fingers so i think anything with big big stones might bug me and look to j-lo. plus i don't think i can wear a w-band next to my e-ring, so it's going to sit by itself on my right hand. maybe i'll go to signed pieces and check it out--it's in the diamond district i think?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, gorgeous ring. I think we've all been wondering about Signed Pieces and now I'm gonna have to check their stuff out again
2.gif

Michelle

Ivy

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 9/20/2004 11:03:36 AM reena wrote:

(BTW what's going on with the pricescope logo up at the top there?
confused.gif
)
----------------

Hmmmmm...maybe it's a "scarey" halloween thing going on with the logo.
errrr.gif
6.gif
11.gif
naughty.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OH NOOBIE!!!
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

You know I am looking for something similar... and now I realize more than ever that... I JUST GOTTA HAVE IT!!!
naughty.gif
naughty.gif
naughty.gif

Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations!

Lynn

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all of the nice compliments everyone. I'll try to get some pics of the rings together soon. I wanted to post this since there weren't too many reviews of Facets stuff from Signed Pieces and their prices are so good. I decided to be a Guinea Pig and try it out. They made me feel so comfortable and produced such a nice product I had to get the word out to fellow PSers

Carmel

Shiny_Rock
What a pristine classic. Duly impressed and mesmerized.

Now, I don’t want to launch another one of those mud-slinging tantrums like the “she stole my ring” thread, but this style of diamond band has been on the top of my list for about the last couple of months or so – only adapted to the ½-eternity style. This is my disclaimer because I know “reena” is in hot pursuit of a similar band and I don’t need the likes of her to give me a tongue lashing if I get one first (just poking fun here!). It really is a classic design and none of us can blame anyone else for wanting it once you see it. I am literally on the verge of tying up a deal with a local jeweler . . . as it seems I’ve virtually excommunicated myself from a few other vendors due to my insatiable pickiness. If it doesn’t pan out with the local people, then I’m checking out Signed Pieces. How did I miss them in the first place?

Noobie, your layout and expose are very well done, indeed. You make me want one for my very own all the more. I am besmirched, and don’t think I can settle for anything else now. It must be love – but kinda feels like naughty lust!

reena

Ideal_Rock
carmel you crack me up, as always! i'll be the first to admit that I'M the latecomer to this fad--i didn't even like RBs until sometime last week!

1.gif
2.gif
3.gif

Carmel

Shiny_Rock
Ya – well who finally set you straight? Velter? He does have that “Liberache” essence to him. I saw that picture of him trying on that family heirloom of yours – and it didn’t look like the first time he’d been caught doing that, either - if you know where I'm going. He kind of had guilt in his eyes.

reena

Ideal_Rock
lol, and here i thought it was just a coincidence that he's occasionally lounging on the couch wearing my teddy and stilettos when i come home from work

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results