shape
carat
color
clarity

Eternity band fit

headlight

Ideal_Rock
It’s a gorgeous ring (as is your wedding set) but it needs to be right. Please don’t take “responsibility” for this... you are not the jeweler. It was on them to get this right. If they don’t know how to execute either long distance and/or to accommodate to the idiosyncrasies of theses types of bands that is not on you. You paid a lot, I am certain, for this significant and stunning piece.
I, too, have been in a situation where I waited for a custom piece that was extremely pricey only to have it not be quite right and the disappointment after a long wait and the anxiety over getting it resolved was overwhelming so you are not alone.
However, my main concern is regarding your finger. I had a similar situation with a ring and I want to strongly encourage you not to accept it being less than perfect in the context of fit. You can see what happened to your finger from just putting it on and off a few times... over the course of time you can develop a bone spur which creates other fit issues, something I have to now deal with.
So I am glad you sent it back. Hopefully the jeweler will do the right thing and remake it for you but, ultimately, it has to be done even if you have to throw money at it because not causing damage to your finger is most important.
I’m not sure how much larger to go up. There are so many factors. I, too, have had jewelers tell me that my ring size is the same all the time, irregardless of thickness of ring but I disagree.
Also, they will need to make sure they get a very accurate measurement on what it is now... and to account for sizing that is on the smaller or larger (“generous”) of a specific size. Sometimes they push it onto the ring sizer more than others.
I think you need to keep in mind changes in finger size you may experience as you get older with regard to having a full eternity that cannot be sized. As stated, because you have stones all the way around it doesn’t matter if it moves a little since there’s no “top”. I do like the idea of adding a little band if it’s a little more loose like in the cold weather. You could actually have something very, very narrow and low profile made such that it would be very difficult for anyone to see it. I know that wasn’t the idea but it’s better the ring is a little loose versus tight, as was stated above. And people’s ring size can change over time (especially for women!). And different geographic regions can require different sizing.
So lots to think about, especially in the context of a full eternity. I’m sorry you have to wait longer, but sometimes these things happen (unfortunately).
Happy 40th and congratulations on an exquisite ring!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Hi @kimf79. Your ring is gorgeous! I'm sorry the size is giving you problems. I don't know if this would be right for you or not, but for me, I wear my wedding ring on one hand and my engagement ring on the other hand. Since you want to wear your eternity band separately from your e-ring, why not wear them on separate hands? Most people have slightly larger sized fingers on the hand they favor. Perhaps one of your hands is slightly smaller than the other? Have you tried your band on both hands? Or maybe you don't like that look which is totally understandable.

Also, my fingers swell a little bit when I'd dehydrated. When I'm fully hydrated they are much leaner. Are you taking good care of yourself or are you stressed? (I don't mean to sound "motherly", sorry!) Also my fingers change sizes a bit throughout the month based on hormone levels. All I'm saying is perhaps keep your ring a little bit (at least a few weeks) to make sure you are getting an accurate size reading of your hand. I had a few rings resized earlier this year, only to find they still weren't the right size when they were done because I had my fingers measured when I was dehydrated and hormonal.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Question for you: Had you tried on a full eternity before you ordered it?... and wore it for awhile? I ask because if it will need to be remade, what do you think about considering a half eternity? I know this wasn’t the long-time dream. I only bring it up because even if this ring fit you, they are very “thick” to wear and just aren’t the most comfortable (even though they are gorgeous). Also, I see from your photos you have small children (toddler toys in the background)... a half eternity will be so much more user friendly. Not only because it will be more comfortable and will be easier to get the right size, but also full eternities tend to get stones on the underside cracked. As a busy mom, your hands are exposed to a lot of wear and tear. Just some food for thought from someone that has already been through the throes of child rearing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results