Votes: 30 45.5%
  • Both - I do both. Change frequently.

Votes: 23 34.8%

• Total voters

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:naughty: Hi PSers,

I surprised myself recently by being very drawn to an overwhelmingly blingy ering. Then I also realized that I have always liked this style, from the previous setting I had. And here is am thinking I was satiated by my elegant VC setting and simple band.

So I'm trying to figure out my true bling identity. What do I gravitate towards in the end? Does it change as time passes?

Here is a pic of the setting I loved. Yes, I know it's OTP, Not flattering, bulky and in-your-face, but I can't stop thinking about it. It's a wall of bling, and a weighs a ton. And I love it. It's probably mid-life, phase 2.

With all the elegant exquisite settings on PS, this kinda setting seems out of place. But I still love the look.

Here is the elegant simple look.

My attempt at the wall to wall bling look. Too much. Doesn't match. But satisfying.

_3442.jpeg

_3443.jpeg

_3444.jpeg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love both looks. How about a 3 stone wrap like what Bliss had? Then you can have BOTH looks!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont think the setting is over-the-top. From what I can see it's a 3 stone which is classic IMO. Now the amount of rock in that
3 stone is, well, a lot but if you have places to wear it and would feel comfortable in it I say go for it!

I'm also on board with a solitaire with some stacking bands. I agree with Pinto that a wrap may be a great idea. You get
the best of both worlds depending on your plans for the day.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I had my e-rings, I had blingy settings/styles. Solitaires are elegant but they are too plain for me. Think of it like clothing: a plain white shirt (the solitaire) can be elegant and understated, but I much prefer to wear a hot pink shirt! ;-)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tell us about the three stone - carat weight of stones?

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree that 3 stone rings are a classic. How about putting your studs next to your solitaire to see how you like the look?

BTW, I used to have a 3 stone ER but ultimately decided that I preferred the look of a solitaire.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To my eyes the VC ring and simple band look very well balanced on your slender hand. I love love love it paired with the non matchy diamond band. A very elegant yet super sophisticated and 'elegant bling' look. Your VC ring looks stunning on you and you will be able to dress it up or down.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are considering switching to a 3 stone setting, I think the 3 stone is more flattering on your hand than your current one. I really love the wall of bling look. I used to have a 3 stone (.50/1.00/.50) and I got so many compliments.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your solitaire is perfection on your hand!! :love: :love: bling it up with a big diamond band or down with plain ones. Best of all worlds.
Don't forget how much you missed the solitaire look when you had your previous setting.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keep the solitaire and get the wrap, best of both worlds!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I adore the solitaire on your hands. But if you want a three stone, get a wrap. Best of both worlds.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The three stone is from Tiffany, 2.31 center and 1.15 sides.

Thanks everyone! I looked up Bliss' ring wrap and it is some serious bling. I love how the 3 stone looks on her hand. The proportions of the side to middle seem perfect to me. It is a great idea.

If I do this I want it to look like a three stone, not a solitaire with small side stones.

More to think about...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom, I LOVE that 3 stone look on your hand and the wall of bling it creates is seriously stunning but my heart will always belong with the solitaire for an ER. That's me though. I stand by what I said before in that if you LOVE and ADORE this huge 3 stone look I say go for it. It looks amazing on your hand but then so again does your solitaire. They are very different looks.

Why oh why can't we have more than 1 ER and limitless funds! Your gorgeous solitaire on your left hand and a beautiful huge 3 stone ring on your right hand. You know you could rock them both! :naughty:

I like the wrap idea other PSers have suggested. That's genius. You can have both looks with one ER!

Is there a downside to the wrap idea? Will it look just as good as your dream Tiffany 3 stone ring?

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have beautiful hands. They all look fabulous! I voted bling it out but boTh work for me. :love:

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for bling it out as well. I currently wear two 3-stone rings..one in each hand. What can I say! I love the look.

One has a 2ct Center and .8 ct each sides and the halo has a 2.5 ct Center and 1.25 ct each sides.

_3447.jpeg

_3448.jpeg

_3449.jpeg

_3450.jpeg

NICHLO

Rough_Rock
Oh, I like all three pics. Number one is some serious bling, number two is stunning and elegant, and number 3 I love all that bling. I can never decide either. But, I do love bling. I think we all do here. Farleys mom.....wow. . :love: :love:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love both too. I go back and forth in my mind almost daily. I love my e-ring but I may need to change it, so this rolls around in my head on a daily basis. It took me a long time to decide on my setting originally so who know how long it will take me to change it.

I have also considered the wrap idea. I would like wraps in several styles. My original e ring was a solitaire with a ring guard with diamonds and rubies and I wore that for almost thirty years happily. If you love that look, that would give you the best of all worlds. I don't think the look is too much on you. It is still a classic. All the bling just makes it hard to focus on the beauty of a single stone but that is not a bad thing, just different.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think we all need to face the fact that the reason we change rings is that we like more than one thing. So the solution is to have more than one diamond ring, of course! (Confession...I hate wraps.)

I have a mrb that I plan to make a three stone ring with in the near future. I had talked with Victor about it months ago. He really prefers smaller sides so they don't overwhelm the center stone. I'll attach a proportion chart for you.

Here's what I'd do if I were you. I'd get a an OEC to go in your current VC setting, and then get sides to go with your rb and have the best of both worlds. I think the sides are too big on that ring you tried on. I personally prefer the two proportions on the right in the pic below. You can figure out the size for your diamond by using you diameter mm of your current stone.

3_2520stone_2520ring_2520proportions_2.jpg

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a Threestone and love it. Center is 1.75 with .45 on each side...4 3/4 finger. I've always wanted slightly larger side stones. I kept oscillating between .65 each and .84 each (tiffany proportions). Finally decided on .65 each, mainly because the larger combination would have overwhelmed my finger. I do like the look of it though. The ring is in production now. Can't wait!

_37121.jpg

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Diamondseeker that you need more than one ring!!! In my case, I would want 3...a solitaire, 3-stone and halo. Your thread made me pause because I am currently planning on resetting my 3 stone into a solitaire. While I do love the bling of my 3 stone, I always find myself wanting to cover up the side stones, so I can just enjoy my center diamond!

As I was shopping at a local jewelry store looking for reset ideas, I ran across a Claude Thibaudeau. I tried one on that was still a solitaire in theory, but the diamond was held in the big basket that Claude is known for with diamonds on the tips of the prongs. It was borderline obnoxious, but it made my heart sing! This ring held a 2 ct. diamond and it would be far too much of statement piece with my 3.25 ct diamond. I just imagine the the mean looks I would get wearing it to work. If I could get away with it though, I would be a bling ho!! Maybe when I am retired... :lol:

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love 3 stones so I think if you can do both, do both. The solitaire looks fabulous on your hand. :lickout:

Judy
:))

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's another thought--how about a brand new 3 stone AVR/CER for a RHR or alternate ER, keeping your VC MRB masterpiece intact? :naughty:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is Bliss's thread on her wrap - it's a great example of a *wall of bling* ring on the hand! I tried finding her ring size but couldn't - I think she's a similar ring size to you though :read: I also think the center stone is similar in size to yours
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/2-73-soltaire-or-three-stone-get-both-thanks-idj.169812/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/2-73-soltaire-or-three-stone-get-both-thanks-idj.169812/[/URL]

I think the 3 stone looks fabulous on your hand LLJsmom and if it makes your heart sing go for it! I sound like a broken record at this point but there's no right or wrong and we all have our preferences. I agree with DS that most of us like more than one style of ring and that makes it so hard to choose.

Rocks, your 3 stone is beautiful and is going to be amazing with larger side stones, can't wait to see it!

Farley'smom, love your rings! :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am talking to a bunch of seriously experienced bling lovers. Right off the bat, you guys all identify the issue. Maybe it really is that I change my mind (and will continue to do so). I keep hoping that I find one style and will like it above all else...forever. Maybe that just isn't gonna happen.

PintoBean|1462575638|4028299 said:
I love both looks. How about a 3 stone wrap like what Bliss had? Then you can have BOTH looks!
PintoBean, you have solved my problem in 2 sentences. Honestly, this option never occurred to me.

tyty333 said:
I dont think the setting is over-the-top. From what I can see it's a 3 stone which is classic IMO. Now the amount of rock in that
3 stone is, well, a lot but if you have places to wear it and would feel comfortable in it I say go for it!

I'm also on board with a solitaire with some stacking bands. I agree with Pinto that a wrap may be a great idea. You get
the best of both worlds depending on your plans for the day.
tyty333, you're right. A 3 stone is a classic style. It is also true that the one I tried on is a "lot" for daily wear. I work in an office and I am the most blinged out person there. When I did my version of the wall of bling these past several days, I actually felt self conscious. I was kinda trying to hide my hand in meetings. I didn't feel the same when I wore my five stone on my right hand. I don't know if it is just a matter of getting used to it. With my plan to wear it every day, I would have to consider whether I would feel comfortable wearing a blingy 3 stone 5 days a week. Otherwise I would get it and then not wear it, which would KILL me. I don't know.

Laila619 said:
When I had my e-rings, I had blingy settings/styles. Solitaires are elegant but they are too plain for me. Think of it like clothing: a plain white shirt (the solitaire) can be elegant and understated, but I much prefer to wear a hot pink shirt! ;-)
Laila, I love that you know yourself and your preference. I want to be like you. It would save me a lot of waffling, :wall: (and money).

MissGotRocks said:
Tell us about the three stone - carat weight of stones?
2.31 and 1.15 each. If I did this, I would probably want just about .9-1 carat for sides. I find the Tiffany sides to be a little big for the center, but I do prefer the bigger sides stones rather than accent stones.

diamondseeker2006 said:
I think we all need to face the fact that the reason we change rings is that we like more than one thing. So the solution is to have more than one diamond ring, of course! (Confession...I hate wraps.)

I have a mrb that I plan to make a three stone ring with in the near future. I had talked with Victor about it months ago. He really prefers smaller sides so they don't overwhelm the center stone. I'll attach a proportion chart for you.

Here's what I'd do if I were you. I'd get a an OEC to go in your current VC setting, and then get sides to go with your rb and have the best of both worlds. I think the sides are too big on that ring you tried on. I personally prefer the two proportions on the right in the pic below. You can figure out the size for your diamond by using you diameter mm of your current stone.
DS, that is thinking out of the box. I would love an OEC for my current settting. Having a separate 3 stone would be awesome. This would definitely have to be a multiyear project. Thanks for the visual proportion pics. Really does help a lot.

And I confess. I'm not sure what a wrap is. Is it what Bliss had?
rocks said:
Rocks, I can't wait to see your final product. I hope you will create a SMTB thread when you receive your ring!

m-2-b said:
I agree that 3 stone rings are a classic. How about putting your studs next to your solitaire to see how you like the look?
BTW, I used to have a 3 stone ER but ultimately decided that I preferred the look of a solitaire.
m-2-b, I did actually take some pics. I'll post them here. It does look pretty silly, but worth a try, right? And you had a 3 stone, but you eventually figured out you preferred a solitaire. How long did you wear a three stone? I'm worried that if I go to a three stone, I'll miss a solitaire. :roll:

Acinom said:
To my eyes the VC ring and simple band look very well balanced on your slender hand. I love love love it paired with the non matchy diamond band. A very elegant yet super sophisticated and 'elegant bling' look. Your VC ring looks stunning on you and you will be able to dress it up or down.
Acinom, I've wondered if I am just missing a band by Victor to scratch the itch. I was super close to ordering it, but then had second thoughts...

Bonfire said:
Your solitaire is perfection on your hand!! :love: :love: bling it up with a big diamond band or down with plain ones. Best of all worlds.
Don't forget how much you missed the solitaire look when you had your previous setting.
:D Bonfire, Thank you for reminding me. I need it.

AprilBaby said:
Keep the solitaire and get the wrap, best of both worlds!
AprilBaby, Simple solution. No more thinking required. :D

Gypsy said:
I adore the solitaire on your hands. But if you want a three stone, get a wrap. Best of both worlds.
Thanks Gypsy, that would be the simplest solution. I would need to ask Victor to make one. I am a little afraid of the logistics of that with my current setting, scratching, how to make it work, etc. so I would need to leave it all up to him. But it really would allow me to go simple when I want to.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1462620477|4028517 said:
LLJsmom, I LOVE that 3 stone look on your hand and the wall of bling it creates is seriously stunning but my heart will always belong with the solitaire for an ER. That's me though. I stand by what I said before in that if you LOVE and ADORE this huge 3 stone look I say go for it. It looks amazing on your hand but then so again does your solitaire. They are very different looks.

Why oh why can't we have more than 1 ER and limitless funds! Your gorgeous solitaire on your left hand and a beautiful huge 3 stone ring on your right hand. You know you could rock them both! :naughty:

I like the wrap idea other PSers have suggested. That's genius. You can have both looks with one ER!

Is there a downside to the wrap idea? Will it look just as good as your dream Tiffany 3 stone ring?

Yeah missy, why can't we have limitless funds. :$$): The only concern I have about a wrap (I guess it is Bliss' sidestone tack on.), is that my three stone would not feel like a complete ring to me. Seriously, talking about mental issues right? It would kinda be a put together ring. But then it really would be very practical cause it would allow me to change my mind. And that is what I do... :roll: You prefer one big one. Well, then again, if I had your gorgeous OEC, I would prefer one big one too. :D (Time to call Adam?)

Farleysmom said:
I vote for bling it out as well. I currently wear two 3-stone rings..one in each hand. What can I say! I love the look.
One has a 2ct Center and .8 ct each sides and the halo has a 2.5 ct Center and 1.25 ct each sides.
Farleysmom, your three stones are amazing. And clearly they are you and you love them. Can I ask the size of your rings? Do you wear both regularly?

Mayk said:
You have beautiful hands. They all look fabulous! I voted bling it out but boTh work for me. :love:
Mayk, thank you. I'm surprised you voted bling ho. What would you do? I love your elegant solitaire and the just beautiful bands you stack with it. Your set makes me want to keep it as a solitaire.

NICHLO said:
Oh, I like all three pics. Number one is some serious bling, number two is stunning and elegant, and number 3 I love all that bling. I can never decide either. But, I do love bling. I think we all do here. Farleys mom.....wow. . :love: :love:
NICHLO, I am glad I am not the only one that can't decide. :D

luv2sparkle said:
I love both too. I go back and forth in my mind almost daily. I love my e-ring but I may need to change it, so this rolls around in my head on a daily basis. It took me a long time to decide on my setting originally so who know how long it will take me to change it.

I have also considered the wrap idea. I would like wraps in several styles. My original e ring was a solitaire with a ring guard with diamonds and rubies and I wore that for almost thirty years happily. If you love that look, that would give you the best of all worlds. I don't think the look is too much on you. It is still a classic. All the bling just makes it hard to focus on the beauty of a single stone but that is not a bad thing, just different.
luv2sparkle, so true. just different. And I do remember when I was annoyed at all the stuff around my stone, in my previous five stone. I wanted to see my center stone. But maybe because the setting was so ugly, I was totally turned off.

ccuheartnurse said:
I love 3 stones so I think if you can do both, do both. The solitaire looks fabulous on your hand. :lickout:
Thank you ccuhearnurse. Both... :think:
Judy :))

m-2-b said:
Here's another thought--how about a brand new 3 stone AVR/CER for a RHR or alternate ER, keeping your VC MRB masterpiece intact? :naughty:
m-2-b, you too? Is both a possibility??? That would require it to be a longer term project. Now that you all have put it into my head.

junebug, I think that is what it is. I've read all the responses and I like both, and do want two. Sometimes I might want one, then the other. Ok, limited funds. Maybe the trick is to do one, and plan another. That might settle me down in my head...

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes...the PS dilemma!! I recall a previous thread of yours in Hangout I think about OEC's vs MRB's as you were considering swapping your gorgeous MRB for an OEC. I would make this a longer term project and put an insane honking OEC in your VC masterpiece and use your current MRB stone as the center stone of a 3 stone and bling it out. You could swap depending on your mood or your clothes or event, or wear one on each hand if the mood struck. They are both different enough too. It's not like have a MRB pave solitaire and an OEC pave solitaire. And I am completely biased because this is what I'm doing but on a much smaller scale than you would do. I have a 1.6 carat E MRB that I'm working on setting in a 3 stone. And I'm having an AVC cut which I'm hoping will be a honking stone like Lainey's gorgeous AVC which I am leaning towards setting in a simple pave solitaire (no halo, no side stones). So yeah....I am biased! I honestly never set out to have 2 e-rings, it's just the way things have transpired. I do feel that it's going to curb my e-ring OCD quite a bit though, LOL!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
m-2-b|1462633479|4028598 said:

I actually thought about that, but those stones are more expensive, so I thought she'd come out better financially buying 1 OEC/AVR/CER and just buying the mrb side stones for her current diamond! But if money is not a big consideration, then yes, that would be fabulous!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rocks|1462631475|4028568 said:
I have a Threestone and love it. Center is 1.75 with .45 on each side...4 3/4 finger. I've always wanted slightly larger side stones. I kept oscillating between .65 each and .84 each (tiffany proportions). Finally decided on .65 each, mainly because the larger combination would have overwhelmed my finger. I do like the look of it though. The ring is in production now. Can't wait!

Well, I will be anxious to see your upgraded ring, but I was going to say that I think the proportions in these pictures is absolutely fabulous! I am glad that you went for .65 over .84, though. How many mm is your center stone? The one I want to set is 7.6mm, so not too much smaller than yours.

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
As I recall, the diameter is about 7.85 or 7.9. The sides are 4.9mm. I think you could go a bit bigger.

I also have a sapphire and diamond threestone thr. Sapphire is 8.1mm or so and the sides are .60 each...like 5.45mm

_37126.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the best answer is ... both!
Although I do love the solitaire on your hand - it looks very graceful.

In any event, whatever you do, you can't go wrong : )

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results