Votes: 30 45.5%
  • Both - I do both. Change frequently.

Votes: 23 34.8%

• Total voters

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rocks|1462665944|4028788 said:
As I recall, the diameter is about 7.85 or 7.9. The sides are 4.9mm. I think you could go a bit bigger.

I also have a sapphire and diamond threestone thr. Sapphire is 8.1mm or so and the sides are .60 each...like 5.45mm

Oh my, I am in love with this one! :love: So, so beautiful!!!

Thanks for those dimensions! I just happen to have a pair of .60s (also around 5.45+), so it is nice to see a ring with that size side stones!

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
FYI. Hands are alittle swollen in that photo...ring is a 5 1/2 or 5 3/4. The mounting was made for a smaller sapphire, so the sapphire over hangs the diamonds a bit more than I like. The ring is Really old.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rocks|1462665944|4028788 said:
As I recall, the diameter is about 7.85 or 7.9. The sides are 4.9mm. I think you could go a bit bigger.

I also have a sapphire and diamond threestone thr. Sapphire is 8.1mm or so and the sides are .60 each...like 5.45mm

OMG, this is so :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: !!!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I must have multiple personalities, because I'm both!!

In the beginning, I couldn't decide which I wanted (blingy halo or sleek soli)... I ended up getting a big 'ole blingaliscious halo -- and I loved it... still do! But, then I decided I still longed for the effortlessly chic look of a classic solitaire (and a bigger diamond 8) )... So, now I have a solitaire, and the setting is in the works as we speak!

So there ya go... I'm an elegant lady by day, and a bling ho by... wait! :shhh: What? :bigsmile: LOL :lol: :lol: ;))

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting. More elegant simplicity than bling it up. :think: I stacked it with my carre cut, which I was about ready to put on pre-loved. AZ told me not to. Smart girl.

_3480.jpeg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, classic and classy look - I wouldn't change a thing!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Um, yes, that last combo is timeless and beautiful! I like the solitaire and diamond band the best. So elegant. (*disclaimer...it looks like mine so I may be a bit biased! ;)) )

BUT, for a little variety, work towards a second diamond ring for a future anniversary (either 3 stone or halo). m2b is one of my main inspirations (although mine will be on a smaller scale!), and actually there are a few people here with multiple diamond rings (Charmy is another good example)!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
While I love both I have changed my mind for you and feel you need one big beautiful diamond to enjoy and then eventually you can get that big 3 stone if you still want it at a later date. 25th or 30th wedding anniversary perhaps? But LLJsmom, I think your heart is with one big beautiful solitaire as your ER. I could be wrong but this is what my gut is telling me. Any way you go though you cannot be wrong. All the options look great on you. :love:

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
LLJsmom, I love your solitaire on you. It is gorgeous. But I totally understand the drive for bling too. I would love a chunky three stone! I think you should keep the solitaire, but save up for a three stone.

I don't know what I am anymore! I wore a more simple solitaire until recently...I always sort of considered myself a solitaire girl due to my lifestyle and personal style. Then I got the ring in my avatar as it was my dream ring. It has a lot of fire and "bling" and has amazing coverage though the centrestone itself is not that big. It looks like a fireball on my finger.

Then I also bought my definitely blingy dinner ring from JbG thinking I would wear it only sometimes, you know, more as a dinner ring. Nope. I wear it as a RHR almost all the time, even when I am just wearing a thin plain band on my left hand. It is complete wide band of bling across my lower finger but so low profile and very easy to wear.

I have been thinking of wanting a solitaire again at some point, but honestly now I wonder if it would satisfy me the same way! So now I think maybe one day I need a three stone instead!

Who am I kidding, I want them all. :shifty:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also vote for you to keep the solitaire..this coming from someone who loves blingier pieces.

Seriously, I waffle back and forth btw wanting Holly in a halo, but I think a solitaire is so classy. Yours is beautiful and you should keep it as it is.

3-stone rings are beautiful too. Target that for your future project.

LaineyRod

Shiny_Rock
I love the solitaire with the diamond eternity band - of course I too am biased, as it is more like mine LOL I think three-stones are great for right hands!

It is hard to stick with one style for a lifetime....best to focus that energy on sticking with our husbands! LOL :love: I am still very happy with my e-ring, but it has only been 7 years and even so, I am revising the prong tips. At this very moment, I am not a 3-stone kind of girl, but I see my tastes changing as I age (to more substantial rings) and as I spend more time and have more exposure here on PS! I love StarSparkle's 5 stone ring and I also adore Tourmaline's AVC eternity band. Give me another month or two and I will re-vote again and probably give 2-thumbs up on your three stone ring!!! I mean these are DIAMONDS after all! LOL :twirl: :love: :twirl: :love: :twirl: :love: :twirl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results