shape
carat
color
clarity

Ering sketches from Sally!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ok, I found a picture from Kirkawa.com but did a little photoshopping on bezel (terrible) just to illustrate a kite set bezel. not sure if this kinda helps you or not
37.gif

packdtbezelkite.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
aha... I knew I had seen one somewhere... from Greenlake

packdtgl.JPG

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the replies everyone, and thanks for the pictures D&T!

I saw a ring that had a princess kit set but the sides swooped around it, kind of like a bypass ring. It was so pretty-but like D&T said..it was a princess, not a cushion, so maybe that''s why it looked so good, having actual points and not rounded.

I emailed Sally back and said I like kite set stones, but am having a time trying to picture in my head how the shank would look, and the gallery as well. Maybe she''ll do some quick sketches or something to help give an idea. I told her I''m just not sure I''m ready to be so daring on my ering.

I dig those little Harlequin stackers so maybe I''ll have to just get a couple later.

I wonder about a wedding ring, too, like Novel mentioned..you''d be able to see more of it if the stone was on point but would it sit farther away than if it was set normal?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good point about a princess cut looking better than a cushion because of the pointy tips versus rounded. I expect that the wedding band will probably sit farther from the e-ring too unless it is either notched or the stone is set just above the band so the 2 bands can be flush.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
In the end, I think I''m better off sticking w/the original plan. Drawing it on my finger looked so neat..but I can''t round the corners to get a better idea of how a cushion would look..and I think I''m a chicken to do it for my ering!

Tho now..I keep looking at D&T''s and those stackers..and think I need a princess cut so I can do it later on a different ring or a pendant!

RockHuntin

Rough_Rock
I really like those sketches! I like how the delicate embellishment draws the eye upward without taking away from the simple elegance of the design; its a great way to build upon the design of the inspiration ring. And that spinel is really beautiful - very lively!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like a great ring - love the sketches.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Rock and Marcy! I''m dying to see what''s going on w/it there, but am keeping my mind off it by emailing Sally about another project! No matter how busy she is, she always makes time for questions and ideas-she''s wonderful.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
No updates on my ring or anything, but wanted to let you guys know Sally''s holiday rush is over and the wait time has slowed back down again, so if you''re in the market for a project there wouldn''t be a long wait!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sally said she''ll have pictures for me Friday if the light is good, otherwise it will be Saturday! Yippee! If everything looks ok she said she''d send it out right away! I can''t believe it''s almost time!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!! How exciting!!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Woo woo wooo!!!! Can''t wait!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
yay!

:commencing countdown to pack''s ring:

41.gif
this is so exciting- it''s finally happening for you! woohoo!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I have no idea how I just found this thread packrat! I am really excited for you! I can''t wait to see it!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Sooooo.... its Friday. And not that I''m sitting here excitedly or anything, but I am. Any word?
31.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jeapordy theme song.....
2.gif
waiting with anticipation
36.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
ARGH!!!! Last night I was googling song lyrics for Dreamer and a screen popped up that I was infected, do I want to run my antivirus? I say yes, and it''s scanning blah blah, detects 34 threats, and I''m like dangit, I just RAN everything 3 days ago! So I''m looking, and it says it won''t get rid of these threats b/c I haven''t purchased this whatever protection, do I want to purchase now? I say no. I try to run my Avast and it won''t run anything, just this little screen comes up that says it can''t run this whatever file b/c it''s infected la la la...argh I was so ticked! I got off and turned it back on, tried to connect and a little screen came on "you are currently under attack by a trojan" so I unplugged the whole thing. So..I took the tower down to be looked at this morning, and I''m up at my Gramma''s house right now!

I''m wondering if when I was googling, maybe I clicked on a page that gave me the pop up about being infected and when I clicked on it, it just SAID I had all this crap to get me to click to buy something and get info? Regardless, I took it in anyway to get checked out. I don''t want to take any chances. I called mom last night and said it would be HAHA to anyone thinking they''re being smart getting my bank account numbers cuz um yeah-they''re going to get like 17 cents.

So...of ALL THE DAYS for this to happen! I did hear from Sally and she''s got to weigh it etc when it''s off the bench..no pics yet.

I''ll run back up here after lunch and see if there''s anything, and then I''ll check back after we get back tonight. London is in a little Junior Cheerleading program for this week, and they''re preforming at half-time at the basketball game tonight so we''re going to go and video tape it. If you guys are good, I''ll link you to it on youtube so you can see my baby girl!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
So exciting! Can''t wait to see waht Sally sends you.

I bet London is an adorable cheerleader.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Packrat, I''m so sorry to hear about your computer! But hopefully you''ll get your pictures soon. And enjoy your girl''s performance tonight. Sounds like it should be a lot of fun!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will have pictures tomorrow! And THEN I need help figuring out a band for it!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2010 11:10:11 AM
Author: packrat
ARGH!!!! Last night I was googling song lyrics for Dreamer and a screen popped up that I was infected, do I want to run my antivirus? I say yes, and it''s scanning blah blah, detects 34 threats, and I''m like dangit, I just RAN everything 3 days ago! So I''m looking, and it says it won''t get rid of these threats b/c I haven''t purchased this whatever protection, do I want to purchase now? I say no. I try to run my Avast and it won''t run anything, just this little screen comes up that says it can''t run this whatever file b/c it''s infected la la la...argh I was so ticked! I got off and turned it back on, tried to connect and a little screen came on ''you are currently under attack by a trojan'' so I unplugged the whole thing. So..I took the tower down to be looked at this morning, and I''m up at my Gramma''s house right now!

I''m wondering if when I was googling, maybe I clicked on a page that gave me the pop up about being infected and when I clicked on it, it just SAID I had all this crap to get me to click to buy something and get info? Regardless, I took it in anyway to get checked out. I don''t want to take any chances. I called mom last night and said it would be HAHA to anyone thinking they''re being smart getting my bank account numbers cuz um yeah-they''re going to get like 17 cents.

So...of ALL THE DAYS for this to happen! I did hear from Sally and she''s got to weigh it etc when it''s off the bench..no pics yet.

I''ll run back up here after lunch and see if there''s anything, and then I''ll check back after we get back tonight. London is in a little Junior Cheerleading program for this week, and they''re preforming at half-time at the basketball game tonight so we''re going to go and video tape it. If you guys are good, I''ll link you to it on youtube so you can see my baby girl!
Yes, that is what happened. I got the same pop-up you did, and I didn''t believe it because my anti-virus software is up-to-date, so I backed out of the pop-ups, rebooted and did a scan with my anti-virus software. I did not get infected. Whew!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results