shape
carat
color
clarity

ERD ring review/reveal - Neil Lane Inspiration

PerryGT

Rough_Rock
Here is a brief summary of my ring shopping experience at Engagement Rings Direct (ERD) and tips for others novice diamond shoppers. I chose ERD after bouncing around from Blue Nile, James Allen, and local shops. I preferred shopping online due to the simple fact that I could get more diamond for my money. I went with ERD as opposed to BN and JA because a) I liked the idea of customizing my own ring, and b) ERD provided a virtual personal shopping assistant in the form of their representative Chris Anadiotis. Like many other first time diamond shoppers I had spent hours researching diamond grading, ASETS, and specs, but in the end I think it was important to have a real expert go out and find good diamonds from which I could make a final decision. I started my conversation with Chris by inquiring about a diamond I had found myself which turned out to be not so great. Chris spent time explaining why I could do better, and after giving him my specifications and budget he found me a few new diamonds from which I could choose. The diamonds were from their special selection including “A Cut Beyond” and “X” factor cushions. I recognized immediately that these diamonds had been hand selected because of their high quality, and that it wasn’t just a marketing gimmick. Additionally, Chris was not pushy in trying to upsell me on more expensive diamonds and even helped prod me to stay within my budget. In the end I ended up with a wonderful 1.03 carat, VS2, H, “X” factor cushion for a very affordable price.

On to the ring…

The second area Chris helped me with was in designing the ring. I chose to do a CAD based design because again it allowed me to do some very cool personalization while staying within my budget. I told Chris I wanted a Tiffany Legacy type ring with some details based on a Neil Lane ring my fiancé had seen in the bachelor. The main components I wanted were a halo for the cushion and a floral type basket/bezel setting. The CAD process went very smoothly. I was amazed at how close the design was to my vision right from the start. The only thing I added post-CAD was hand engraving along the shank. I had told Chris upfront when I needed the ring, and the timeframe from diamond purchase to CAD design to ring shipment was perfect. I received the ring 2 weeks before the proposal.
The ring is everything I had hoped for. Most importantly my fiancé loves it! I would recommend ERD to anyone who is looking for a personal approach in creating both an affordable and magnificent ring!

Here is a link to the CAD and online images:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/neil-lane-inspiration.175226/#p3191079']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/neil-lane-inspiration.175226/#p3191079[/URL]

And here are the photos (big thanks to my brother-in-law Andrew for taking these great shots!):

img_0371a_0.jpg

img_0382_0.jpg

PerryGT

Rough_Rock
More pics...

img_0584.jpg

img_0610a.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! Your pics are amazing!!! :love:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
!!!!! GORGEOUS RING! omg, your fiancee will love it SO much. I want to reach through the screen and grab it. You (and ERD) did a FANTASTIC job. The pave petal basket and engraving are killer.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is BEAUTIFUL Perry! You did an amazing job and so nice to always hear back from people about their buying experience. Thank you for sharing that!

Can't wait for the hand shots.... when's the proposal??

D

Deactivated member 42515

Oh my goodness gracious! Those petals are to absolutely die for!!! Awesome awesome job! And yes! I cannot wait for hand shots! Oh heck! Send it to me and I will model them for you! Ha! :naughty:

starrynight

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous diamond and setting!! :love:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is soooo beautiful!!!! They did a wonderful job!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks so gorgeous, I particularly love the engraving on the shank, such a delicate and personal detail.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Oh my that is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!! They did an amazing job :love: :love: :love: I LOVE the engraving, that is definitely my favorite detail. Everything about it is perfect! We need hand shots 8)

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
What a stunner!!!! My favorite part is the basket - wow!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Rosebloom|1346955336|3263239 said:
What a stunner!!!! My favorite part is the basket - wow!

+1. I love everything about this ring. It is gorgeous. Well done.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is just amazingly beautiful! The petals and the engraving are exquisite. :love:

JulesT

Rough_Rock
That's so lovely and unique. Another great job by ERD!!!

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
It's so beautiful! :love:

Kalrik

Shiny_Rock
Can't wait for hand shots!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous, special ring!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perry - you did GREAT! Congratulations!

lucyloo

Shiny_Rock
Perry you did a fabulous job! She is going to LOVE IT. :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock
Very beautiful ring!

Now I want a ring looks like that!!!!

D

Deactivated member 42515

I keep coming back for more pics!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

TXJewel

Rough_Rock
Really gorgeous!

TXJewel

Rough_Rock
Really gorgeous!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
The basket with the petals is stunning! What an absolutley gorgeous ring, such detail :love: :love: :love:
Please post some pics of handshots after you propose

PerryGT

Rough_Rock
The proposal:

I actually proposed back in June. We were in St. Pete for a Coldplay concert and the day after the concert is when I popped the question. We had spent all day at the beach talking about our future and I continuously alluded to a later proposal date sometime in the fall. That night we went to a nice dinner then got drinks at sunset at a rooftop bar over-looking the water. I told her I'd give her a surprise if she guessed the exact time the sun would set. At this point she jokes "you don't have a ring do you?" and pats my right pocket!! Fortunately, I had put the ring in my left pocket and she still had no idea. As the sun set I told her she had won and I pulled out a small package. She unwrapped it to find a small message in the bottle necklace which she had seen and wanted from a store in her home town. She is excited with the necklace and I ask her if she thinks there is anything written on the message. She says no and that it's probably blank. I insist that she look and she still fights me on it. Finally, I take the bottle and dump the small piece of paper into her hand. As she starts to read it I get down on one knee. The paper says "Marry Me?"

photo_2_4.jpg

starshine

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! I looooovvveee the basket and engraving! Well done! :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fantastic proposal, Perry! :appl: Love the message in the bottle - that is so sweet!

And it looks beautiful on her hand - congratulations on your engagement!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE LOVE LOVE :love: :love: :love: all the thoughtful details from the basket to the engraving. Your ring is EXQUISITE!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

JDNJ

Rough_Rock
Nice job, that ring looks great. Is it me or does the stone look a little yellowish? I saw it was an H clarity. Isnt that basically colorless?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results