shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Rings

elizabeth1982

Rough_Rock
My one and only e-ring and w-ring. I got married last year and when I upgrade in 5-10 years, I will probably keep the original emerald cut stone, which is 0.91 ct. Maybe I will put it as a sidestone in a future 3 stone ring ? I can't picture myself wearing a shape other than an emerald. It's very "me." :)

_754.jpg

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
ZahraLeyla|1346548018|3261087 said:
This is my one and only engagement ring. I can't ever see myself upgrading it, if only because the setting is so special to me.
img_4527.jpg
fb02.jpg
Super cool ring, is there a thread?

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Mrs. Taylor,
Both are beautiful! What happened to your original if I may ask?

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
blackberry16|1346718953|3261967 said:
Mrs. Taylor,

My daughter had a very hard start in life. It was sold to cover her medical bills. I tried having it remade, but it hurt too much to have what felt like an "imposter" ring. Maybe some day.

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Rosetta,
You are a lucky girl indeed!

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
mrsjacob|1346607333|3261333 said:
3rings.jpg

Front left is the ring he proposed with, which I wore for about a year.
Front right is the ring we had made with his mother's diamond.
The back ring is not an engagement ring, but we chose it because it looked like my two e-rings combined. It was my push-present when our baby girl was born last year. :)

They're all special, and I normally wear whichever one calls to me that day...lol

I like your style! ;-)

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
distracts|1346611035|3261368 said:
My baby...

ring_close.jpg
img_2081.png
img_2060.jpg
img_1269.jpg
img_1474.jpg
img_1940_0.jpg

There are several others I occasionally wear, usually to work or when I am doing something where I'll be wearing sunscreen. I can't find one of them right now, which is really bugging me, but it's one I made so if I still can't find it in a month or two I can make it again. I'll try to get a group shot of them soon. But they are all clearly alternate rings. I think this is my one and only. I don't think I'll upgrade - I may get more, but I'll always wear this one. For obvious reasons like that it really rocks.
That sapphire is...WOW!

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
elizabeth1982|1346623665|3261468 said:
My one and only e-ring and w-ring. I got married last year and when I upgrade in 5-10 years, I will probably keep the original emerald cut stone, which is 0.91 ct. Maybe I will put it as a sidestone in a future 3 stone ring ? I can't picture myself wearing a shape other than an emerald. It's very "me." :)
Gorg! I love the three band look. Is it three different bands or is the wedder a split shank?

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
This is my 4th (married 17 years yesterday). I thought it would be my last, but alas, I am a PSer :bigsmile: I am in the planning stages. ;))
img_6544.jpg

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
mrs. taylor|1346719636|3261972 said:
Mrs. Taylor,

My daughter had a very hard start in life. It was sold to cover her medical bills. I tried having it remade, but it hurt too much to have what felt like an "imposter" ring. Maybe some day.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope DD is doing well now?

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
iluvcarats|1346720261|3261979 said:
This is my 4th (married 17 years yesterday). I thought it would be my last, but alas, I am a PSer :bigsmile: I am in the planning stages. ;))
img_6544.jpg

Congrats on 17 years! Love your new bracelet btw!

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
blackberry16|1346720278|3261980 said:
mrs. taylor|1346719636|3261972 said:
Mrs. Taylor,

I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope DD is doing well now?

Very. Thank you. She's an 8 year old spitfire now. :)

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Blackberry16 :wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What???!!!!!! :o I hope you mean you are getting an additional ring and not getting rid of your current set!!! (Not that I have ever done anything like that, of course. :twirl: )

I love all your rings, ladies! It is great to see some better shots than just the avatar pictures!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1346729034|3262033 said:

What???!!!!!! :o I hope you mean you are getting an additional ring and not getting rid of your current set!!! (Not that I have ever done anything like that, of course. :twirl: )

I love all your rings, ladies! It is great to see some better shots than just the avatar pictures!

We should start a trend DS - an engagement ring on every finger :bigsmile:

starburst

Shiny_Rock
Trade
What a fun thread! I wear my 1.57ct square step cut upgrade pretty much every day. It is my favorite! I got it about 2 years into our marriage. I switch up the bands I wear depending on my mood or how swollen my fingers get! Sometimes when the colored stone mood strikes, I wear my emerald as an engagement ring, but most of the time I wear it alone as a right hand ring. On special occasions, I wear my 1ct radiant cut diamond original engagement ring. Working on another project, not a huge one, but definitely a fun one. Hope to share soon! :)

img_2872.jpg

imag0033.jpg

imag0529.jpg

img_8007.jpg

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
starburst|1346891106|3262907 said:
What a fun thread! I wear my 1.57ct square step cut upgrade pretty much every day. It is my favorite! I got it about 2 years into our marriage. I switch up the bands I wear depending on my mood or how swollen my fingers get! Sometimes when the colored stone mood strikes, I wear my emerald as an engagement ring, but most of the time I wear it alone as a right hand ring. On special occasions, I wear my 1ct radiant cut diamond original engagement ring. Working on another project, not a huge one, but definitely a fun one. Hope to share soon! :)
WOW! I love all three of these! How did that emerald escape me? Have you added it to the bezel thread?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gosh, i love all these beautiful rings. great thread! while i have several diamond rings this is the only one i wear as my er. it's a 2.52 ct radiant fly. i think it will most likely be my final ring. we started out 32 years ago with a .33 ct round diamond which had belonged to my husband's grandmother. when we got married hubby told me we would some day upgrade. that day came on our 10th anniversary and i got a 1.5 ct princess[kept the original ring]. it was from a mall store though and after becoming ps members realized how bad the stone really was. it was sold as a j with no cert. at 25 years we were going to upgrade through the mall store to a 2 ct but the stones they brought in were awful and we had 2 kids in college at the time. i couldn't pull the plug and ended up just getting a new setting. 2 years later we saw what we thought was the most gorgeous yellow diamond ring at our new jewelers[independant]. it was the 2.52. i visited that ring a lot, lol but whew it was a lot of dollars. i never in a million years thought i would own it but one day hubby called me from japan where he was on business and told me he had been thinking about that ring the whole flight over and he thought i deserved that ring and should go get it. :o ha, i was at my jeweler in a flash! i traded in the princess which ended up being an L by the way and now i have my lovely. :bigsmile:

_788.jpg

_790.jpg

cmsfly10.jpg

starburst

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thanks Blackberry!! I haven't posted much about the emerald, glad I got to share here!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Catmom|1346936670|3263057 said:
gosh, i love all these beautiful rings. great thread! while i have several diamond rings this is the only one i wear as my er. it's a 2.52 ct radiant fly. i think it will most likely be my final ring. we started out 32 years ago with a .33 ct round diamond which had belonged to my husband's grandmother. when we got married hubby told me we would some day upgrade. that day came on our 10th anniversary and i got a 1.5 ct princess[kept the original ring]. it was from a mall store though and after becoming ps members realized how bad the stone really was. it was sold as a j with no cert. at 25 years we were going to upgrade through the mall store to a 2 ct but the stones they brought in were awful and we had 2 kids in college at the time. i couldn't pull the plug and ended up just getting a new setting. 2 years later we saw what we thought was the most gorgeous yellow diamond ring at our new jewelers[independant]. it was the 2.52. i visited that ring a lot, lol but whew it was a lot of dollars. i never in a million years thought i would own it but one day hubby called me from japan where he was on business and told me he had been thinking about that ring the whole flight over and he thought i deserved that ring and should go get it. :o ha, i was at my jeweler in a flash! i traded in the princess which ended up being an L by the way and now i have my lovely. :bigsmile:
Catmom - I just love your story and your beautiful yellow diamond ring. One of those PS stories that I love every time I hear it. :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Catmom, your story is so romantic - he's 1/2 way across the world and thinking about a ring, for you!!! Melt my heart!! I'd also have my credit card out so fast, the numbers would have blurred!!!

Your FLY is just one of the most beautiful rings on PS, IMO. I love looking at it and when you post, I just love your avatar! :bigsmile:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
aww, thank you so much fly girl and enerchi!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results