shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Rings

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
When I see everyone's resets and upgrades I often wonder which rings are worn as engagement rings. Please post pics of the ring you wear as an engagement ring most often and tell us if it is your one and only engagement ring or if you have multiples.

I'll start. This is my one and only diamond ring. It contains my original diamond but this is my second setting.

4566459377_b23b97cb6c.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fun idea for a thread!

This is George, she is my "engagement ring" and the only diamond ring I own. She is not my original engagement ring. That was a sapphire solitaire which I still own. I had.... oh... nine other rings over a six year period on my way to this lovely lady, all of which were upgraded or sold on my way to this point. I cannot really see myself parting with this one! :Up_to_something: She is perfect.

Specs for enquiring minds: 1.89ct K Si1, American early ideal cut circa 1920s, in a vintage platinum filigree mount from the same period.

greorge1_2.jpg

greorge1_010.jpg

greorge1_3.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good idea for a thread! Looking forward to seeing lots of eye candy. Blackberry and Dreamer, your rings are gorgeous!

I feel a little ridiculous talking about engagement rings at my age and after so many years of marriage, but I will anyway! :cheeky: My original, circa 1982, was .33 carats in a yellow gold setting. I lost it in the early 90's and still hope it will turn up at some point. Received a wedding set for my 25th, which I love and wore for several years, but then the DSS/OEC bug bit me and I got a 1.96 OEC a few years later. :oops: I currently wear the OEC and a platinum band as my wedding set.

img_0689.jpg

img_0734.jpg

img_72.jpg

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Here is my set that I wear daily. It is a 1.57 F SI1 pear and a 1ctw five stone ring.

dscn0203.jpg

dscn0205.jpg

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
This ring replaces a lost engagement ring so it technically is not my engagement ring. Now that I have a band it looks more wedding set than I'm a 55 year old engaged woman! When I got the new ring in May , DH did get down on one knee and ask me to spend the next 33 years with him! So I guess it is my engagement ring!

imageuploadedbytapatalk_hd1346501714.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk_hd1346501915.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, Elisa, that is soooo sweet!!! Your DH is a keeper - well, for at least 33 more years, then you can reevaluate!

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
This is my engagement ring (I also have a CZ wedding set that I wear in place of my real rings when I travel internationally or go to the beach).

I am upgrading my engagement ring within the next year, however. I'm definitely keeping my blue center stone, but I am replacing the trillion sidetones with (hopefully!) .4 asschers and turning it into a three stone asscher ring.

Total carat weight for my set is just a smidge under 2 carats. I have a size 4.5 finger.

rings.png

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Dreamer_D|1346468359|3260725 said:
Fun idea for a thread!

This is George, she is my "engagement ring" and the only diamond ring I own. She is not my original engagement ring. That was a sapphire solitaire which I still own. I had.... oh... nine other rings over a six year period on my way to this lovely lady, all of which were upgraded or sold on my way to this point. I cannot really see myself parting with this one! :Up_to_something: She is perfect.

Specs for enquiring minds: 1.89ct K Si1, American early ideal cut circa 1920s, in a vintage platinum filigree mount from the same period.

George is beautiful! Jealous!

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
junebug17|1346471483|3260737 said:
Good idea for a thread! Looking forward to seeing lots of eye candy. Blackberry and Dreamer, your rings are gorgeous!

I feel a little ridiculous talking about engagement rings at my age and after so many years of marriage, but I will anyway! :cheeky: My original, circa 1982, was .33 carats in a yellow gold setting. I lost it in the early 90's and still hope it will turn up at some point. Received a wedding set for my 25th, which I love and wore for several years, but then the DSS/OEC bug bit me and I got a 1.96 OEC a few years later. :oops: I currently wear the OEC and a platinum band as my wedding set.

Junebug, I don't think anyone should feel "too old" to play engagement rings. By the way, had I known about OEC when I got engaged that would have been my choice for sure. I love the colors they put off!

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
lknvrb4|1346492037|3260794 said:
Here is my set that I wear daily. It is a 1.57 F SI1 pear and a 1ctw five stone ring.

I love the classic look of your set! Thanks for sharing.

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I agree Elisa, you have a darling husband and a lovely set! What more could a girl ask for?

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
DearBuddha|1346503100|3260847 said:
This is my engagement ring (I also have a CZ wedding set that I wear in place of my real rings when I travel internationally or go to the beach).

I am upgrading my engagement ring within the next year, however. I'm definitely keeping my blue center stone, but I am replacing the trillion sidetones with (hopefully!) .4 asschers and turning it into a three stone asscher ring.

Total carat weight for my set is just a smidge under 2 carats. I have a size 4.5 finger.

Cool center stone! I love colored stones!

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock
Great thread! Tomorrow will be our first anniversary. Guess it is a good timing to post.

My engagement ring is third ring from the left. My husband strongly disagrees about the idea of upgrading the engagement, since he thinks the original engagement can never be replaced. But he reassures me that even though no upgrade is allowed, he will buy me a bigger ring when time comes.

Also attached a photo from our wedding day.

image-3872928617.jpg

image-118246295.jpg

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Congrats on your anniversary! May you have many more wonderful years together. Beautiful ring and lovely photo!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Iknvrb64, beautiful pear and I adore your band!

Elisa: What a sweet hubs - I love your set!

DearBuddha: Such a pretty look, love the way your band fits alongside your ring!

Fussykiki: Beautiful ering, and such a gorgeous collection of rings!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
fussykiki|1346503931|3260857 said:
Great thread! Tomorrow will be our first anniversary. Guess it is a good timing to post.

My engagement ring is third ring from the left. My husband strongly disagrees about the idea of upgrading the engagement, since he thinks the original engagement can never be replaced. But he reassures me that even though no upgrade is allowed, he will buy me a bigger ring when time comes.

Also attached a photo from our wedding day.

Gorgeous jewelry and wedding picture, Kiki!

I love seeing ALL the beautiful rings on this thread! I am waiting to post mine since I am in transition! :lol:

TXJewel

Rough_Rock
All of you have gorgeous rings. I'm with DS...waiting to post mine as I'm in transition.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is my original set - 10K YG knife edge WB (the knife edge is just a 'hump' after this long...) and my .33 marquis on a 14K YG setting. Zero idea of colour or clarity but I can imagine it was graded by a one eyed blind man, with cataracts and an eye infection, in the dark, by candlelight! OMG it is not a good diamond... if only I knew then, what I know now... :roll: It is shown with my grandmothers wedding platinum WB.

At 20 years, I purchased a 1.06 princess solitaire I had set in platinum. (Having WAY too many issues trying to upload this photo...)

At 27 years, I bought 2 side stones and had it reset by BGD in the current setting and wear it with a RG spacer from DanielM and my IDJ 1/2 eternity band.

original_3.jpg

new_baby_1.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the look of your original set Enerchi- very sweet and delicate, and I love your grandmother's band - I've been looking for something just like it to wear with my OEC! but wow oh wow, your current set is just amazing! :love:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
junebug17|1346513251|3260916 said:
I really like the look of your original set Enerchi- very sweet and delicate, and I love your grandmother's band - I've been looking for something just like it to wear with my OEC! but wow oh wow, your current set is just amazing! :love:

I completely agree! From delicate and wonderful to sizzling and wonderful!

ZahraLeyla

Shiny_Rock
This is my one and only engagement ring. I can't ever see myself upgrading it, if only because the setting is so special to me.
img_4527.jpg
fb02.jpg

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
I have 3 that I switch between. My original is gone at this point, but it was my favorite thus far. Right now I mostly wear my anniversary DBL pear halo. That's my "everyday" ring.

-1-1.jpg

The other that generally gets a lot of play is her sister, my DBL ruby. Here they are snuggling.

-3-2.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my e-ring. The center diamond is the one DH proposed with. I just added the two side stones for a bit more bling. :bigsmile:

3_stone.jpg

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock
We were out celebrating today. I haven't post any close up of my engagement ring earlier. So, here are a few pics.

image-277441265.jpg

image-535385077.jpg

image-3201285031.jpg

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
i have four rings that i rotate. I wear the 3 stone the most often, and the coloured stone ones to places where i don't want to wear a diamond (well, not an expensive one anyway!)

the diamond rings are true e-rings ie given to me by my husband before we got married. the others I purchased myself, as i like a bit of variety.

2.5 ish ct pink tourmaline with trap diamond sides (i only had one terrible pic sorry!)

multiple1.jpg

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
2.5 ish ct light blue sapphire with half moon diamond sides

multiple2.jpg

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
1.08 ct F VVS2 cushion (husband surprised me with this one)

multiple3.jpg

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
2.58 ct J SI2 centre stone (i wear this one a lot!)

multiple4.jpg

mrsjacob

Shiny_Rock
3rings.jpg

Front left is the ring he proposed with, which I wore for about a year.
Front right is the ring we had made with his mother's diamond.
The back ring is not an engagement ring, but we chose it because it looked like my two e-rings combined. It was my push-present when our baby girl was born last year. :)

They're all special, and I normally wear whichever one calls to me that day...lol

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My baby...

ring_close.jpg
img_2081.png
img_2060.jpg
img_1269.jpg
img_1474.jpg
img_1940_0.jpg

There are several others I occasionally wear, usually to work or when I am doing something where I'll be wearing sunscreen. I can't find one of them right now, which is really bugging me, but it's one I made so if I still can't find it in a month or two I can make it again. I'll try to get a group shot of them soon. But they are all clearly alternate rings. I think this is my one and only. I don't think I'll upgrade - I may get more, but I'll always wear this one. For obvious reasons like that it really rocks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results