That is beyond gorgeous!!!!! :-o :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ornate setting fits the stone's character perfectly :love: :appl:

Looking forward to hand pics!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW. That is truly stunning. I can see all the different elements and honestly, in less talented hands I don't think the ring would have come together as well. It's a remarkable design, and I KNOW she's going to love it.

Rock-a-Fella

Rough_Rock
Treenbean|1306042135|2927607 said:
It is so stunning! What was your inspiration? Truly heirloom quality, I am in love. Please post pics of it on her finger after the proposal...

CherryBlossom recently wrote about her engagement ring: “I am certain that I want it to be a handmade piece made by someone who loves their work and someone who wouldn't mind all of my questions... I am very sentimental when it comes to my engagement ring, I want to do this right just one time and making this ring my forever setting. I think that jewelry - especially sentimental pieces that are meant to be worn for life and passed on as heirloom pieces - are so special, and the hands that touch/create them are a part of that process.” https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ictor-canera-help-me-finalize-my-ring.160996/

Her statement captures my feelings as I went through the process of creating this engagement ring. I wanted something old-fashioned, classic and timeless. I was not certain about the OMB, but the more I thought about it and researched the history/background of the cut, the more I realized that it was something that I wanted. (OMB, OEC, or just a chunky cushion), and more importantly, something that she would appreciate.

As for the setting design, I looked at several Art-Deco and Edwardian rings and antique replicas. While the stone is nice and obviously very important, I wanted the metal work to be something special…something that would almost stand on its own. It is for this reason that I refrained from including too many diamonds on the shank. The engraving was a must….as was the millegrain. As I mentioned before, I can’t take any credit for the prongs. The prong head (not sure about the technical term) was my idea, and SK did the rest. We also wanted a way to mark the end of the pave and the beginning of the engraving on the shank while at the same time tying the ring together. Since we discussed a wedding band (which she will end up designing, I am sure), SK thought that a “spacer” would be a good idea to protect the engraving. That is the “bump” on both sides of the shank.

I am sure that designing the wedding band will be just as enjoyable.

Thanks again for the comments.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it's stunning!! :love:

betty6333

Shiny_Rock
I like it very much! Beautiful work on the sides too!! :appl:

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Rock, you did a wonderful job and it is lovely that you put so much effort into making this really special. Congratulations. Can't wait to see the band you will design for it. :naughty:

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! It is truly beautiful. Every detail was well thought out. Congratulations!! Definitely had shots!!

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Make that "hand shots"!! :oops:

Rock-a-Fella

Rough_Rock
_JJT3826B.jpg

I proposed last week. She absolutely loved it. It's funny - I keep catching her staring at it, and I remind her that it isn't going anywhere anytime soon. (Her mom loves it as well). Whenever she tells the proposal story, she keeps mentioning that the ring was designed especially for her.

Yep, I am a very happy.

Thanks again

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow I remember seeing this post but I re-read the story. Absolutely beautiful.

You are such a sweet guy. Great job!!!

bethprov

Shiny_Rock
Oh it is beautiful! What a lucky lady, congrats to you both :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is absolutely gorgeous - which stone did you end up choosing - the D or the G?

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! It's a beautiful, timeless piece and I'm sure it will be treasured always. It looks stunning on your fiance's hand!

rubyprincess

Shiny_Rock
Utterly breathtaking! You are a lovely romantic :) -- did I miss the stone specs?

Rock-a-Fella

Rough_Rock
Specs:

1.36 G VS1
Ratio: 1.07
Sym: G
Polish: VG
Fluor: according to the Cert - None; according to David Wolf - Very Faint
Table: 48%
Depth: 69%

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful on her finger, just like we knew it would be!!

Congrats on the engagement :appl:

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful rng! Congrats on your engagement!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh lord, how did I miss this one??? Its lovely! Love all the sentiment behind it :love: !

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Its perfect! :love: Congratulations!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
PERFECTION IN EVERY WAY!!!!

Lori

FuturePsyD

Shiny_Rock
Congrats to you both!

Gorgeous ring, looks perfect on her!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results