shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Ring Set - CVB Purple Spinel

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
I seriously need to share my excitement with someone and no-one I know really will appreciate my dorking out on the adventure of commissioning a ring(s). I only recently discovered Pricescope. I'm grateful I did!

I adore my Mr told me to design what I want. And lucky me I get TWO engagement rings. I'm a full time delivery driver and am incredibly active even when I'm not at work. When I'm a little more chill I'll just wear them both as Caysie and I are currently in works with my wedding band.

2.1 carat purple spinel (10x6.6) purple is both our favorite color
Rose cut accents
Platinum and rose gold IMG_20190925_102008_631.jpg

Platinum X band
2 little diamonds that represent each of our boys

IMG_20190924_123900_494.jpg

I'm hoping the pics look clearer when posted.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow!!! So so beautiful and unique. Your rings are exquisite, thank you for sharing!

Also, I’d love to hear about your design and decision process; was the beautiful cross cross something you had in mind before approaching CVB? How did you decide on the purple spinel and where did you get it from? (I’m wondering if it took a lot of effort to find, etc...)

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! Congratulations!

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
I seriously need to share my excitement with someone and no-one I know really will appreciate my dorking out on the adventure of commissioning a ring(s). I only recently discovered Pricescope. I'm grateful I did!

I adore my Mr told me to design what I want. And lucky me I get TWO engagement rings. I'm a full time delivery driver and am incredibly active even when I'm not at work. When I'm a little more chill I'll just wear them both as Caysie and I are currently in works with my wedding band.

Rose cut accents

Platinum X band

Where do I begin lol. Sorry if this is a touch long. It was a bit of a long adventure to find the right one. I been collecting rocks since I was a kid. And I've always dreamed of a purple solitaire ring. I knew beryl came in many forms (morganite, heliador, emerald, aquamarine). My My and I both have beryl birthstones (emerald and aqua). I did not know beryl came in colorless. I got a hair up my rear to find rough in goshenite to get cut. Then maybe side stones of our birthstones. Man I reached out to was happy to take on my crazy project. But he also had this spinel.... Now I have a honker goshenite! And this beautiful spinel. It flashed magenta indoors and silver outdoors but always stayed purple. I got it from a mostly retired guy in Alaska. My bestie lived there for years. Word of mouth kinda thing.

I've admired CVB for many years. I LOVE her fancy halos! But I always wanted a solitare. The ones she has are beyond lovely and I figured I couldn't go wrong. The first time I reached out to her was over a year ago if she'd be willing to work with my humble goshenite. (I actually got 2 stones cut from the same piece of rough. For us each to have a ring made from the same stone). She was so kind and very excited to do that. So I knew when I had my purple spinel in my hand and my ideas stated to come together she'd be fun to work with!

Diamonds were important to my Mr. And he likes side stones. So how to make us both happy? I saw her post her Esti style ring. There's what I wanted! So I came back and pestered her. But I wasn't sure if a bezel would work with a 16 sided stone that wasnt very big lol we see it does and I'm thrilled.

The X band is completely out of my noggin inspired by her Calaveras band and her blingy X band. When I pictured a solitaire originally I wanted the Calaveras to go with it. So I asked if it was possible the make it a X with only 2 diamonds she about dorked out.

Sorry this was long! But it's taken a year of a rabbit hole squirrel adventure to get to these rings.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous rings!! Totally knock out, as always from Caysie :love:

Can you wear them together? Can we see a picture?

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your purple beauty is a work of art! I love the color and the way the bezel makes her pop!

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous rings!! Totally knock out, as always from Caysie :love:

Can you wear them together? Can we see a picture?

Thank you!

The X band just came in. She's going to take a pic together shortly. I'll share as soon as I get it. We might brush the finish on the X a bit more.

There's going to be negative space but they totally can be worn together.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very pretty rings! I love the color on that spinel! I also love how subtle the cross ring is. Congratulations on a gorgeous set! :love:

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty rings! I love the color on that spinel! I also love how subtle the cross ring is. Congratulations on a gorgeous set! :love:

Thank you! I knew I wanted a ring that I could wear everyday even though I'm a brute haha. And just regular bands aren't really "me". I'm so very pleased how my X turned out.

I STRUGGLED how to set my spinel. And it almost went to Elle for a halo setting. I see a gorgeous ring you have there in your avatar!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Polished1911 Your spinel is just mind blowing. I love everything about it. Congrats and thanks for sharing.

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
OMG your ER is soo beautiful!

So are you having a wedding band made currently, and if so can you share the deets:roll2:? Or is the crossover ring your wedding band?

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
OMG your ER is soo beautiful!

So are you having a wedding band made currently, and if so can you share the deets:roll2:? Or is the crossover ring your wedding band?

We're just about ready to start designing the wedding band. Caysie and I both seam to be on the same AR wavelength that she's keeping these 2 until they are all competed. So we can tinker with finishes till they are all perfect together. When we received them I'll snatch that X band out of the box to my finger. And my Mr can take his time asking officially. Good compromise since I got to design my ring.

The wedding band will be very memento mori. Think skulls. We have several ideas we're kicking around. It might take a bit till we get it beautiful and not creepy but an alternate rose cut diamond band will follow! Some settings a diamond band is more suitable or if I feel like being blingy.

Bless my guy for letting me have a convertible set off the bat!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just gorgeous! Love it!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
My goodness, that is pretty!
Hand shots when you can?

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
My goodness, that is pretty!
Hand shots when you can?

You better believe it! Probably another 6 weeks. The waiting is hard but I've been getting each ring made every 6 weeks. But I got so excited that I needed to share somewhere.

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
@Polished1911 Your spinel is just mind blowing. I love everything about it. Congrats and thanks for sharing.

Thanks! I don't think I did too bad for my very first stone purchase. I found several bigger or a bit lighter. But this one spoke to me. The whole process has really been fun! I see the pictures and can't believe it's mine lol

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_20190925_120903_863.jpg Here's my terrible pictures and my 2 year old drawing. To CADs. I did choose to swap the metals to go for a more Victorian vibe though Screenshot_2019-09-25-12-12-22.png IMG_20190925_121009_544.jpg IMG_20190925_120936_728.jpg IMG_20190925_120850_548.jpg

Oh my gosh thank you for all the detail. I love to hear other people’s adventures with stones and stone cutting. I can’t believe you found someone to cut your goshenite rough. You are my hero for undertaking such a journey, and then your cutter also had such a magnificent purple spinel. Then, not to be daunted or anything, you inspired a visionary engagement set. Please feel free to post many more photos, he he, and also I’d love to see how you eventually set your gorgeous goshenite (!!). Congratulations on a job well done and wear your beauties in good health.

Last edited:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love spinels and yours is gorgeous. The cut is unique and the details of the bezel showcase that. One of the prettiest spinel rings I have seen. :appl:

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
Oh my gosh thank you for all the detail. I love to hear other people’s adventures with stones and stone cutting. I can’t believe you found someone to cut your goshenite rough. You are my hero for undertaking such a journey, and then your cutter also had such a magnificent purple spinel. Then, not to be daunted or anything, you inspired a visionary engagement set. Please feel free to post many more photos, he he, and also I’d love to see how you eventually set your gorgeous goshenite (!!). Congratulations on a job well done and wear your beauties in good health.

Much thanks! It's really nice to have a place to share.

I had no idea what I was doing! I should have found Pricescope a year ago. But then again I might have second guessed myself...

Do you know how hard it was to find goshenite rough? You can find cut stones but they aren't very good. Pretty sure new cutters use it to practice on lol. I used IG to search it out from a random guy in Canada. He turned into such a pleasure to work with. He even made me videos of a bunch of rough to let me pick. The cutter was floored I picked out a flawless piece. Go me! They don't toss rainbows but they are very sparkly. More than I expected. And very white when it's not against my skin. Part of me wants to make a cocktail ring. But I think I'm going to make pendant. Maybe with aqua and emeralds as a halo. I'm so very glad I embarked on that journey that led me to my spinel.

Caysie has be very good to work with. I rolled up and was like "can we Frankenstein a few of your rings". I can't wait to finish the 3rd ring and get them all home. I prefer to get them all at once. I want them perfectly together from the start. The wait is hard! But each time I say go my production time to ring has been under 4 weeks.

I can't wait to share photos!

Last edited:

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is divine :clap: I love all things purple so obviously :love::love::love: what a beautiful setting too!

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
I love spinels and yours is gorgeous. The cut is unique and the details of the bezel showcase that. One of the prettiest spinel rings I have seen. :appl:

I honestly thought the geometric shape would be lost in a bezel. Uneducated assumtion by myself.The shape, besides it being purple, is what drew me to it. When I got the CAD I did a happy dance.

Thank you so much. I might be partial to this ring but I really do think she's special

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh polished, i love the grape color, it is so rich and saturated. Perfect purple and so sweet that y'all share a favorite color. :appl:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
wounderful
just love your vision
and that colour purple is heavenly
i think after the wedding you need to revisit the cocktail ring because its too much fun to stop now

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rose cut accents

Platinum X band

OMG fantastically gorgeous.:kiss2:
In LOVE with your amazing set. Purplicious and delicious.:love: Wear in blingy happiness and good health dear @Polished1911 So happy for you!:appl:

plad25

Shiny_Rock
This is such a beautifully designed ring and really highlights the stone! Excellent job and congrats!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
But...need a hand shot please.
Unless you are waiting for a special moment :)

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I saw that on Instagram! It turned out beautiful. Really a great choice for your stone.

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
Oh polished, i love the grape color, it is so rich and saturated. Perfect purple and so sweet that y'all share a favorite color. :appl:

Thanks! It made it easy to talk him into a purple stone instead of a diamond center. He just asked there be diamonds somewhere lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results