shape
carat
color
clarity

engagement ring question

kilowhiskey111

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I'm not new here, I had to change my email addy.

I am trying to decide whether to use an emerald cut diamond that I already own or buy an new diamond to be used in an engagement ring setting. A local jeweler offered me the opportunity to trade my emerald cut VS2, G !.42 carat for a 1.02 G SI2 XXX round brilliant. Both stones are GIA certified. Using the periscope search, I discovered my emerald cut is worth around 14k and the Round brilliant he is offering to trade is valued at around 5k. While I was willing to take a bit of a hit to get the round brilliant, I don't feel that this is a good deal. The round brilliant wasn't particularly appealing either. I would appreciate some advice....should I try to sell the emerald cut on my own? If so, what is the best way to sell? Thanks!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kilowhiskey111|1443217322|3931859 said:
Hello,

I'm not new here, I had to change my email addy.

I am trying to decide whether to use an emerald cut diamond that I already own or buy an new diamond to be used in an engagement ring setting. A local jeweler offered me the opportunity to trade my emerald cut VS2, G !.42 carat for a 1.02 G SI2 XXX round brilliant. Both stones are GIA certified. Using the periscope search, I discovered my emerald cut is worth around 14k and the Round brilliant he is offering to trade is valued at around 5k. While I was willing to take a bit of a hit to get the round brilliant, I don't feel that this is a good deal. The round brilliant wasn't particularly appealing either. I would appreciate some advice....should I try to sell the emerald cut on my own? If so, what is the best way to sell? Thanks!

SI2 for your VS2... That is most likely not eye clean. Depending on the quality of the cut you might be able to sell your diamond for more. There is a link on the lower right hand side of the page I'm pasting to ask for a quote. Be sure to include the GIA cert number and exact ct weight.

http://www.pricescope.com

Info on Emerald cuts... Might be helpful to understand the cut of your diamond

https://www.pricescope.com/wiki/diamonds/emerald-cut-diamond

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results