shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Ring Help

Macy's or Costco Ring, which should I keep?

• Costco 3 - stone for 2100

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Macy's "3-stone" for 1400

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nskywalker24

Rough_Rock
All,

Thank you in advance for your help. I am here to ask for your advice. (All prices are after taxes)

I bought a 3- stone .88 total weight carrat diamond ring from Costco that has I- color and is VS-2
the setting makes the three stones look really small and it is very flat. (all three stones are the same size)
i am worried that people will not KNOW this is an engagement ring
the ring is platnium
cost: $2100 total

I also bought a 3-stone ring, 1 carrat (+/- .05) total weight ring from Macys, that was (i-j color, and i-2,i-3).
I love that the center stone is the largest on this ring.
I love this setting it says "engagement ring for happy couple."
the ring is 14k white gold
The 1 carrat total weight is misleading. the center stone on this ring matches the size of one of the three costco diamonds. (my best guess is that they must be approx. .25-.3 carrat each). The side stones on this ring are TINY and the total weight includes these tiny little diamonds going down the side
cost 1200 total + 200 for 3 year warranty = $1400

My issue is the Costo diamonds are much better quality and you can tell if you put them next to eachother. The costco diamonds are REALLY sparkly and beautiful.

Is it worth the savings for the Macy's ring? Is this a good place to buy a ring? What about Costco?

I KNOW the best thing to do would be to place the costo diamonds in another setting, but i cannot afford to spend more than 2100 total, which is even a little over on my budget, but i will make it work if you think this is a better deal/ring. (I need to return one of the diamond rings)

I would include pictures, but I am sorry I don't have a digital camera.

This is a really important decision to me and I appreciate your help!!! Thank you!!!!!!!

Nskywalker24

Rough_Rock
Also, any advice for a novice diamond buyer is much appreciated.

Thank you!!!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
do you have more information on the costco diamonds?

I would definitely return the macy's ring, you said it is not as sparkly and beautiful. since costco has a good return policy you can do some comparison shopping online. are you looking for a three-stone style specifically? nothing says 'engagement ring' like a solitaire, and for $2000 you could get a pretty nice solitaire :)

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Have you considered second hand? You can get some great deals and beautiful diamonds ... just a thought if you want to save and go for the bling and quality factors.

Nskywalker24

Rough_Rock
Thank you farmer gal, I will look into that option.

CharmyPoo, (or anyone) where can I find second hand rings???

CedarRapids

Shiny_Rock
are you set on a round brilliant?

open to emerald cut or other shapes?

If want to see some different styles in your price range (and if you haven't already done so), consider going to Blue NIle and click on the "Recently purchased engagement rings" link on the front page:

http://www.bluenile.com/engagement-rings/recently-purchased-engagement-rings?track=ta

Then sort by price, limit to shapes, etc. It gives you an idea of what the possibilities are.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results