shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagemend and Wedding rings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been about engaged for a year now, but still can't stop staring at my engagement ring! I got mokume bands for the wedding bands, and a semi-eternity diamond band as well for "dressier" occasions. (Is it bad that I'm now using wedding bands as engagement ring accessories? Haha.)

Just wanted to share! :)
Info on the diamond: 1 ct, round brilliant, F, VS2 in a 14k white gold band. The diamond band is a shared-prong semi-eternity ring, 11 stones, .8 cts.
Info on the bands: Palladium and silver mokume.

Do you think it looks better with the mokume band or the diamond band? I can't decide :/

RingcollageMakingIt.jpg

Too cool. And your diamond looks much bigger than a 1 ct. Thanks for sharing!

Oh, well I only wear a sz 4.5 ring :) So it probably just looks big on me, heh.
I''m proud of myself for finally learning how to use the macro function on my camera!

Agree... looks larger than 1ct... awesome! Thanks for sharing!

It looks huge on you, and very very beautiful! I like it with both bands - I like the bling that the diamond band gives the set, but the Mokume one lends it a much more unique air.

GORGEOUS set!!
30.gif
I too love both bands for the bling and uniqueness, respectively.

What a gorgeous set! I LOVE It with the diamond band!
30.gif

Thanks guys!
I wasn''t going to get a diamond band, but I was a little sad that you can''t really see the mokume details on my band because it''s so thin (3mm), and shadowed by the diamond. And I just happened to find the band on deep discount (the silver lining to the bad economy I suppose) so I went for it :)

I think whichever band I''m not wearing with the engagement ring, I''ll just wear as a right hand ring :)

Absolutely beautiful!! I''m no help, because I think it looks great with both bands
30.gif
3.gif

Beautiful set... I agree, the e-ring stone looks very large!

Thanks guys :) My FH will be happy to hear that the diamond looks bigger than it is, haha. I thought I'd post a pic of my ring and my wedding dress (because I'm trying to procrastinate, haha).

Yay for shiny objects! (I could have made a really good bird in a past life...)
Hmm..maybe I'll just wear both bands (one on top and bottom), lol...maybe not.

dressandRingglow.JPG

Your pictures are great and the ring is gorgeous! I usually always vote for the plain band but I really like the diamond band paired with your ering setting.

Beautiful, beautiful pics - we''ll take many more too!

Oh, and congrats on your marriage!

Hehe..not married quite yet, 5 more months to go! I was just taking pics of the rings for fun and practice. And the dress picture was to share how it looked with my family (who is mostly overseas)

Date: 3/2/2009 4:59:19 PM
Author:MakingTheGrade
I''ve been about engaged for a year now, but still can''t stop staring at my engagement ring! I got mokume bands for the wedding bands, and a semi-eternity diamond band as well for ''dressier'' occasions. (Is it bad that I''m now using wedding bands as engagement ring accessories? Haha.)
Engagement ring accessories! Classic!!
2.gif
Well, it is a really stunning ring
30.gif

Love them both for different reasons - have fun mixing them up!

36.gif
36.gif

what a gorgeous, lively stone! Don''t think I can choose a band either; I am all about options!

Haha, maybe I can start a trend of having the "band" be interchangable accessories, haha.

You could get bands with different colored stones to match the color of your outfits or your other jewelry :)

This one would match the red of my wedding dress:http://www.e-weddingbands.com/store/product586.html

Haha. One of my fav quotes from "Friends" is when Monica gets engaged, and goes "You know what shoes would look great with this ring? Diamond shoes!"

your wedding dress is so beautiful!!! love the red :)

Your e-ring is beautiful!! And I love it with the diamond wedding band!! Also love your wedding dress!

Sigh, there''s been a lot of drama with the jeweler I got to make the band. I don''t know where he gets off having such a rude attitude with me, he obviously doesn''t care for customer service (or workmanship judging from recent events).

Long story short, I no longer have that set of bands, a new set should be coming in within the next few weeks though. And hopefully those will stick.

Its gorgeous! And it looks huge!!!

Lovely!

I think maybe it looks big because it reflects so much light? A good cut goes a long way! :)
(In my fiance''s words: I picked the shiniest. Haha, that''s basically what "cut" is in a nutshell...)

very pretty set you have!! i personally like it better with the shared prong band.

Very pretty, and your wedding bands are so cool...I love them!

Love it all!!!

Date: 3/2/2009 6:10:44 PM
Author: Tuckins1
GORGEOUS set!!
30.gif
I too love both bands for the bling and uniqueness, respectively.
Ditto on all counts! I love the look of the Mokume bands - so fun!

great pictures, they are really sharp and so colorful!! gorgeous rings!!
and a beautiful dress too..

i love the pics, keep ''em coming please
4.gif

I LOVE your dress!
30.gif

Your rings are lovely too. Very classy!

Date: 3/6/2009 6:03:15 PM
Author: White Orchid
I LOVE your dress!
30.gif

Your rings are lovely too. Very classy!
Thanks!
Here are more ring pictures
Here are more dress pictures
if you're interested :)

I'm actually in the process of possibly buying a padparadscha sapphire ring to wear on my wedding since it would coordinate so well with the lotus theme (and because they're such beautiful stones!)

can i see a better pic of your e-ring with the mokume band pretty please?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP