shape
carat
color
clarity

Engaged! Thanks for all of your help, everyone!!

sherryberrybear

Rough_Rock
He proposed yesterday and we couldn't be happier.

Thank you to everyone (seriously, everyone!) who helped me pick out my perfect ring. :love:

A couple of months ago, I stumbled across this site while looking for an education of how to choose a diamond. After going to several local brick and mortar shops, I began to realize how differently I's or H's could look depending on what company had graded the stone and was feeling very nervous. I was also dead set on spending over 1/3 of our budget on an expensive, not-all-that-special setting that I happened to love. With your direction and help, I am SO SO happy that I went with the best solitaire that we could afford. I've got a detail-oriented, slightly neurotic personality and everyone really helped me feel confident buying a stone from pictures/specifications online.

Whiteflash is an amazing company to work with. We worked primarily with Becca Eastman and she was so helpful and cheerful even when I was waffling on whether I had chosen the right stone/setting AFTER paying for it. I changed settings (twice) and stones (many times) and was basically just curious about knowing all the options and permutations available to me and I always got an honest answer. Honestly, I can't imagine going to anyone else for any jewelry needs I have in the future.

Now, for the ring:
0.927ct I/SI1 Whiteflash Expert Selection- I was really nervous that I would detect some warmth based on pictures but it's icy white to me in person!
Setting: Vatche 1508 "Venus" in 14K white gold, size 3.75
-I originally wanted the Felicity setting but based on your recommendations, opted for a slightly thicker band and love it. We went with 14K WG only to stay within budget

I'm actually stunned on how big the stone looks now that it's set and on my finger. I absolutely love it! Thanks again, and here are a few pictures:

img_4631.jpg

vatche-venus-engagement-ring-in-14k-white-gold-from-whiteflash_44533_23724_g_0.jpg

vatche-venus-engagement-ring-in-14k-white-gold-from-whiteflash_44533_23724_f_0.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring and diamond is absolutely gorgeous. Whiteflash is great to work with and they sure made a beautiful ring for you. :wavey: Congratulations.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg, it's completely stunning on you!!! And congratulations on your engagement!!!!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
It looks beautiful on your slender finger. Great choice.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations - your ring looks fabulous!! Take some more pictures for us please!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and elegant. There is nothing better bling wise IMO than a beautiful solitaire and you wear it well! :love:

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soooo beautiful! Everything about your ring is perfection, it looks gorgeous on your hand!

tracylt

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! Congrats!!!

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
This is one of my favorite solitaire settings. Love how the band goes up to meet the diamond! Congratulations!!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!!!
I'm so jealous of you small fingered people, that diamond looks huge!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Timeless beauty! :love:

Q

Queenie60

Your ring is classic and beautiful! Congratulations on your engagement - wishing you many years of happiness. :love:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is just so effortlessly elegant -- a big congratulations to you!! :))

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful and timeless ring! Congratulations on your engagement!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I love Whiteflash!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful on your lovely hand! Congratulations on your engagement and your stunning ring! More pictures are always welcomed :appl:

bugbear

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous!

Sagefemme

Shiny_Rock
Looks pretty close to 1.5 carats on you; so pretty. The blessings of small fingers!! Congratulations. What about the wedding band??

Biba

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! You picked a gorgeous diamond and setting.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrats! Such a beautiful ring!

sherryberrybear

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! I'll do my best to get some more pictures this weekend. I'm sure I'll be on the site all the time now thinking about what to do for my wedding band and wanting all of your expert advice. I have to say, I ended up with the perfect ring for me and I couldn't have done it without all of you. :wavey:

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations and amazing ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results