shape
carat
color
clarity

Engaged! My five prong solitaire 2.3ct I SI1 by HPD and CVB

cottoncandy

Rough_Rock
It finally happened! My boyfriend proposed to me when we were on vacation in Japan. I finally got to wear the ring I designed with HPD and CVB!

The ring:
  • 2.3ct I SI1 Crafted by Infinity, from High Performance Diamonds
  • Five prong platinum solitaire, custom designed by Caysie, which she named the Stella
  • Size 3.75
2C5E5168-BC91-4A75-B89E-95515E57B440.jpeg

4412717E-AC7C-4EB2-B99F-37403A7B6890.jpeg

My stone search and ring design process took several months—it’s been quite a journey and I have so many people to thank!

The stone:

@LaylaR from HPD was an absolute dream to work with :love::love: She was able to translate my evolving requirements and helped me figure out exactly what I wanted. She even offered to meet up in person (which we did) to help me evaluate several AVRs :o As a diamond amateur, I appreciated her patience and kindness. I was also quite pleased to work a little bit with @Wink! So much fun and so wise :angel: The level of service at HPD have won my loyalty and I plan to pay it forward with recommendations to family and friends who are looking to get engaged!

In the end I chose the stone that hit all my requirements and made my heart go pitter patter. But along the way I also looked at WF ACA and BGD Blue Stones, all gorgeous. I also looked at OECs from Love Affair Diamonds—thanks Erica! I also looked at many many AVRs—shout out to @Rhino, you rock!! The AVRs were so magical but I was rather picky about the center facets (I believe they are the pavilion facets when viewed directly above the diamond, through the table).

The setting:

I had considered several different vendors/designers along the way. I wanted a delicate setting with a narrow shank and tiny prongs. I got the idea of five prongs a long time ago. It’s inspired by nature: starfish, apple seeds, buttercup flowers in my backyard growing up. I just thought it was a much cuter prong configuration compared to four and six.

My original setting was by Brilliantly Engaged. I’ll be brief here but I followed the advice of a jeweler and I decided against the setting. We cut our losses and went elsewhere.

My current setting is by Caysie. What a pleasure it was to design with her, from the initial email inquiry to the hand delivery over a glass of wine :halo: She is the perfect balance of a true artist with her own vision and a designer who was able to fill in the blanks of my vision! Unlike a few other designers I contacted, she seemed genuinely excited and curious to try a five prong solitaire. Other designers I spoke to thought it would be weird or altogether disapproved of my idea :oops: Like a true designer, she was able to help me define my vision. I loved Caysie’s openness, honesty, and reliability, and communication :dance:

And a special thanks to the PS community for all the free advice and laughs! I’ve learned so much and have been so inspired by all of you
:love:

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh this looks stunning! Congratulations on your engagement! It must have been torture to wait. We know you can do amazing pictures and videos from when you were so carefully looking at SI2s so would definitely love to see tonnes of this ring if at all possible, especially with the five prong configuration! Good on Caysie for being excited about a plan rather than disapproving! Shame on the others!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone and I love the 5 prong!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Best wishes on your engagement!! I would love to see a closer picture, as well as a profile shot.

Also - meant to add above, but got distracted, your ring is absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Last edited:

Jsand

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! I would really love to see more pics of this!

Q

Queenie60

Wow! More photos please. Congratulations on your engagement.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful, congratulations! It looks huge on your tiny fingers. :kiss2:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations - it does indeed look beautiful! We need so many more pictures please!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, Congrats! :clap:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much for the pictures - you ring is beautiful! Congrats on your engagement and best wishes for a lifetime of happiness!!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh, I love it. Funnily enough, although obviously the diamond is awesome, I really love the underside of that ring. It's almost like your own secret, your very own starfish just for you ... Or other natural five pronged life! It's very special and looks beautifully made.

Your kitty cat does not look too impressed at having a picture taken! He or she is lovely! Those eyes!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning. :love: Congratulations on your engagement.:appl:
And oh I love your sweet kitty.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your engagement!! It’s a beautiful ring!!

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! I love love love the 5 prong setting, it's beautiful and unique. It has the best of the 4 and 6 prong benefits!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous diamond and how awesome Caysie was able to bring your vision for the 5 prong setting to life! :love:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the diamond and the 5 prong setting! So different, yet looks perfect.

plad25

Shiny_Rock
How unique and beautiful. Congratulations!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results