shape
carat
color
clarity

Engaged!!! Facets engagement band pics. Need W-band advice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dizbug

Rough_Rock
Hello Ladies!!!

I''m a longtime lurker and have been oohing and ahing over all the rings on here since before this time last year! My fiance just proposed last weekend, and gave me the most beautiful shared prong band for our engagement. He totally surprised me on Saturday morning and then whisked me off for the most unbelievable luxury weekend ever! It was so sweet and better than I could have ever imagined. Anyway, I did SOOOOO much ring shopping and decided that I wanted to sorta go backwards: anniversary style band for an e-ring, wedding ring, THEN a 3 stone or solitaire for an anniversary gift down the road. There''s just so many reaons that it works out better for me to start out with a band, and plus I just REALLY love it!!! Anyway, it''s a Facets/Signed Pieces shared prong, 1.38 ctw, VVS2-VS1, F-G, Ideal cut, Platinum, size 4. It''s so incredibly sparkly - has tons of fire, and the pics just do NOT do it justice, but I wouldn''t wanna leave you all with no eye candy! (Hope it works now that I''ve said that...)

So now, to my fiance''s (love saying that!) dismay, I am STILL addicted to ring shopping because I''m not sure what kind of w-band I want! I would REALLY appreciate your help with this one! There''s several options: plain platinum band, engraved platinum band, thin diamond band, 2 platinum bands on either side, two thin diamond bands on either side, leave it by itself, etc. In the future I may want to switch it to my R hand and use the w-band with a solitaire or 3 stone anniversary ring. What would you all do?

And one last very important thing. I wanted to say thanks to Blue Eyes and Sevens One who had similar bands and posted their pics - they were my inspiration for the whole shared prong idea. Your rings are gorgeous!
1.gif

EringOffResortBalcony.jpg

dizbug

Rough_Rock
Another pic:

CenterSparkle.jpg

dizbug

Rough_Rock
Purple and Green - Oh this is so FUN!!!

PurpleyBlueFire.jpg

dizbug

Rough_Rock
And how ''bout some red and yellow?!?! Sorry these aren''t so clear, but I just LOVE the colors!

Yellow&RedFire.jpg

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely! And congratulations as well! I would probably go for wither the single platinum band or two thin platinum bands. Both selections woudl look nice with the current e-ring, and would go nicely with future 3 stone or solitaire. I suppose that 2 thin diamond bands would also look very nice as- but one diamond band might look 'lopsided' with your current e-ring unless it was the same size.

So, not much help, but single plat band, two thin plat or diamond bands all sound as if they would work nicely...

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations, dizbug! You have a gorgeous band there-- and such pretty hands to show it off!

I also have little fingers (3.5/4)... and I have had some troubles wearing three rings on my little ring finger. There''s just not a lot of space for a lot of wide metal. The look of your band is classic... my personal favorite would be a plain platinum band with that one. But you should definitely take a day at a great jewelry store and try on *everything*-- even stuff that you never thought you''d go for because you never know-- and see what feels and looks the best.

I have a 3.5mm wedding band (engraved/milgrain edge platinum) and a 2mm wide Tiffany-style solitaire. When I received an eternity band for our 10th anniversary, I could not wear it! It was too wide with my other two rings. If I had picked a skinny 2mm platinum wedding band originally, I think it would have been okay.

HTH!

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
BEAUTIFUL and super sparkly!! Congratulations!!!

Cath

Shiny_Rock
Congrats, it looks great!! I''d probably go with one or two plain platinum bands, so that you can differentiate between the rings. Also, more diamond bands would be too much sparkly for me, but maybe you''ll like the look!
2.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Glad to be of help!

Size 4- it looks HUGE on your hand.
What an excellent choice. It''s so lovely.
I like you "backwards" idea too. You still get alot of sparkle- and something to look forward to.

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
GORGEOUS RING! I love band rings. You have very pretty hands, too. I''ll throw in my opinions on the W-band...I''d go with a plain platinum band of equal width so that they look like a "set". Later on down the road, when you get the solitaire or three stone ring, the plain band will look nice with it, or the diamond band would look nice with it, too. That way you will have a few different options to suit your mood.
1.gif
. I love changing the look of my wedding ring combos, and I''m a big proponent of having choices
2.gif
!

Either way, I always think it''s nice to have a plain gold or platinum W-band that looks nice even when worn alone, because there are some times when you really don''t want to wear your diamonds (yard work, pool, beach, cleaning the house, etc...) but you still want to have a ring on that finger.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous! I like the idea of mixing it up a bit and starting with the shared prong band!

I''d go with a narrow platinum band or two narrow bands for your wedding ring. I love that look.

Oh, and your hands are flawless!

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring!

I agree with everyone that a thin plain band for each side of the ring would look great.

I think it''s cool that you picked a band for your e-ring. One of my co-workers did that except hers was princess cuts. She bought one thin plain band for her wedding band but I always thought the set didn''t look complete. For her 5 year anniversary she got a 3 stone princess ring and she wears that with her plain band and she wears her e-ring band on her right hand.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I like the idea of thin bands on each side of your ring.

Here is just some inspiration: It comes from Fluffi''s LINK

Fluffi eternity band set.jpg

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I was thinking of the thin band on the right in this close up pic:

1mm band.jpg

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
dizbug--

I love your band! What size is each stone? The band looks SO beautiful on your hand (and you have really nice hands!!).

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful 5 stone ring.
30.gif
10.gif
super sparkler.
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement, your new ring from signed pieces is absolutley stunning. I love the backwards idea, something more to look forward to. It looks lovely on your hand!!!
30.gif
36.gif

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! What a cool idea for an engagement ring! Personally, i''d wear it on the other hand after getting marrried but the other options sound great too.

dizbug

Rough_Rock
Thanks everybody!!! I REALLY appreciate your ideas and I''m glad you like mine! Snow_happy, the stones are .276ct each. I like the size - it''s big enough for it to be a substantial ring, but not so big that it makes closing my fingers together uncomfortable. There''s barely a gap, actually. Someday I might get diamonds all the way around and "complete" the ring. I know a lot of people say that complete shared prong eternity bands are uncomfortable, but I''ve tried wearing it where the diamonds are on the sides just to test it out, and it''s 100% comfortable. Thought I''d pass that info along for anyone considering that kind of a band. Maybe Signed Pieces makes their rings more comfy, I dunno. Anyway, thanks again for the replies and thanks for the pics as well!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your recent engagement!!! Your ring is beautiful!!! The colors and sparkles really light up your setting!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s just GORGEOUS. I love the idea of doing the wedding ring first. You will have many, many options when the time comes for you to pick your e-ring but i too think a thin plain band would look stunning.
1.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Love your band!!!!!
30.gif
Until I got my ering upgrade, i just wore wedding bands for a long time--I love the look of a couple (or more
2.gif
) bands stacked on the finger. If you want bling, you could "double" your current band and stack an identical one with it (but I am a bling freak, so...
37.gif
)

I like the plain platinum band idea...or you could get a diamond band of a different style and smaller size stones and mix-n-match... so many possibilities when you start off with a classic beauty like this!
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Beautiful hands, beautiful ring. Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
How about getting two very thin engraved bands?
2.gif
That way you''d have something to frame your bling, whilst still looking good if you wanted to wear them on their own?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
this ring would look just fabulous with two super thin pave rings on either side...

I tried a 10 stone 1ctw ring on in the store and flanked it with 2 Michael B pave type bands, STUNNING...it''s a really beautiful and unique look!

Beautiful ring!

hellokitty

Rough_Rock
OH WOWOWOWOWOW!!!!! Congratulations on your engagement, Dizbug!!!
emsmiled.gif
When i saw those pics i sscreamed out OMG!!! It looks perfect on you, wear it in good health!!
anna

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
I love the way your ring looks all by itself- how perfect! thin bands on either side would just make it even more amazing! I really like the idea of band rings as e-rings, such elegant bling! Enjoy and let us know what you decide....

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
sorry i am late in posting, but i love your 5stone ering! perfect size diamonds for your tiny finger, looks great
1.gif

dizbug

Rough_Rock
Thanks again! I thought I''d let you all know that I went to a jewelry store yesterady to try on some bands, and nothing really struck me. I think the 3mm plain platinum band was probably the best, so I might get that just to wear whenever I can''t wear my diamonds. Or I''m considering buying a platinum band with a bit more detail and switching the shared prong band to my R hand. We''ll have to see! For now, I''m just enjoying it all by itself - it looks best that way to me, but maybe that''s just because I''m used to it that way. If I do end up finding something that I like with it as a set, I''ll post the pics. Thanks for all your advice!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I love your ring, wht lovely colors and flash in those pictures! Wow! As for the bands I would go to a maul store and look around see what is comfertable to wear and then work from there, it may help you to eliminate one or more options. Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results