shape
carat
color
clarity

WARNING! Enchanted Diamonds Scam! Buyers Beware!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't see how he can blame RC because he is the person that took the money and clearly spent it and then didn't deliver, in fact in many cases the diamonds the customers selected are still available on RapNet, so clearly the guy was spending customer funds without ordering in each specific diamond (good businesses call in each stone for each customer). The only thing RC is at fault for is trusting their relationship with a company that didn't deliver the promised goods.

As someone who has family in the trade the only way to deliver the discounted prices ED was claiming they could is to buy in bulk meaning that is why he was waiting until the end of the month to buy all of the diamonds in, which would be much cheaper for his business, but if he doesn't have all the money to pay for those diamonds, and spent it on staff and rent on his office and personal expenses and so on this is what happens.

It would be really interesting to know what type of house he lives in what types of cars they own etc, because often with businesses like this the person that owns it pays themselves and family members a hefty salary.

Diamonds are a really emotional purchase - I sincerely hope that everyone that is owed money gets it back again.

Swirl68

Shiny_Rock
I don't see how he can blame RC because he is the person that took the money and clearly spent it and then didn't deliver, in fact in many cases the diamonds the customers selected are still available on RapNet, so clearly the guy was spending customer funds without ordering in each specific diamond (good businesses call in each stone for each customer). The only thing RC is at fault for is trusting their relationship with a company that didn't deliver the promised goods.

As someone who has family in the trade the only way to deliver the discounted prices ED was claiming they could is to buy in bulk meaning that is why he was waiting until the end of the month to buy all of the diamonds in, which would be much cheaper for his business, but if he doesn't have all the money to pay for those diamonds, and spent it on staff and rent on his office and personal expenses and so on this is what happens.

It would be really interesting to know what type of house he lives in what types of cars they own etc, because often with businesses like this the person that owns it pays themselves and family members a hefty salary.

Diamonds are a really emotional purchase - I sincerely hope that everyone that is owed money gets it back again.

He may have been under the delusion that if he had just a little more time he might be able to pull together some more money and straighten things out with his bank. The blame he is placing on RC may be because they helped to blow this thing wide open and quickly organize injured parties and arm them with lawyers.

Last edited:

RSZ

Rough_Rock

The heartbreaking thing is your bottom sentence. There are always going to be people who are poor at business or selfish but, rarely do they do it in an area of commerce that is hurtful to people for life because of the memory attached to it. When you couple such a high level purchase (for most) with one of the single most important relationships of a person’s life and then, you steal from them...it’s not just money that is stolen; it’s joy.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kponefive -- you can ignore the request I made of you last night:
Would you mind asking him if he would do a PACER search for Online Diamonds International; that's their true corporate identity (incorporated in Delaware), Enchanted Diamonds is their "doing business as" ID. Thank you -- and please thank him for us!
Johnbt provided this info this morning:
www.inforuptcy.com/filings/nysbke_294096-1-19-bk-12042-online-diamonds-international-corp-dba-enchante

6/20/19
U.S. Bankruptcy Court
Southern District of New York (Manhattan)
Bankruptcy Petition #: 19-12042-smb

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like he filed yesterday as did our team.
Unfortunately, a bankruptcy filing typically forecloses-halts civil litigation against the debtor (person or business entity who's filed for bankruptcy), although there are exceptions and nuances to that general rule. So it's definitely a topic for discussion with the legal team -- who themselves may need to confer with attorneys well seasoned in debtor-creditor/bankruptcy litigation.

JT123

Shiny_Rock
Unfortunately, a bankruptcy filing typically forecloses-halts civil litigation against the debtor (person or business entity who's filed for bankruptcy), although there are exceptions and nuances to that general rule. So it's definitely a topic for discussion with the legal team -- who themselves may need to confer with attorneys well seasoned in debtor-creditor/bankruptcy litigation.
Rather than spend $ on lawyers I wish RC would just reimburse the bank wired diamonds.
Has anyone thought of starting a GoFund account? I would pitch in.

MK Malone

Shiny_Rock
Rather than spend $ on lawyers I wish RC would just reimburse the bank wired diamonds.
Has anyone thought of starting a GoFund account? I would pitch in.

Enchanted Diamonds needs to be held accountable. But if he gets away with this, faces no legal charges and doesn’t have to repay his victims, I think a go fund me is a great idea. But first, I’m praying for legal justice and full reimbursement to every customer left in a financial lurch.

Question: if some of these customers are trying to track down the diamond they sent wires for, to prove the diamonds were never purchased by ED, how would they do that? Can they post the GIA number here? So someone in the trade can try to track it down?

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thomas here - the guy who started this thread last Saturday. I thought I could come here to get some help or support on how to handle the situation with Enchanted Diamonds... It seems like very clearly affiliated people have taken this over and turned it into an chance to market themselves.

I think maybe we should take our problem elsewhere because clearly this isn't about the victims anymore...

Oh and since you all seem to care - I didn’t use a “diamond search engine” or whatever they’re called. In fact one of the many ways I “validated” Enchanted Diamonds was from other threads in this forum (and others, professional diamond reviewers, etc).

For all those who actually offered constructive ideas and sympathies, thank you...

Thomas, what exactly would you like people to do? This is largely a consumer forum, with people just like you. No-one here is really in a position to offer help or support beyond what has already been offered on this thread (which by the way, I am blown away by - an INCREDIBLE amount of work has clearly been done by members here to link people to the appropriate services/agencies who are becoming involved in this situation).

I get that you are upset. I get that this is horrific. But it's not right to lash out at people because you don't feel like they are doing enough for you, when honestly, I'm not sure what can be done.

And I agree with others here in that I don't think that any of the trades people here are monetizing or marketing. I have appreciated their insight into the nature of the business and the risks associated with certain business models, because I feel that this makes me a wiser, more informed consumer.

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
@Rockdiamond and @Diamond_Hawk -- I don't know if those in the trade are being/could be adversely affected by ED's malfeasance, but if so, perhaps you know of an efficient way to alert your colleagues, if the word isn't already out "on the street." Also if there are trade members who have been adversely affected, I recommend that they too contact the Financial Frauds Bureau at the Manhattan DA's Office.

Thank you for the tag. Our company is aware of and monitoring the situation. We hope any consumers adversely affected are able to find remedy.

RSZ

Rough_Rock
He may have been under the delusion that if he had just a little more time he might be able to pull together some more money and straighten things out with his bank. The blame he is placing on RC may be because they helped to blow this thing wide open and quickly organize injured parties and arm them with lawyers.
Yes, I hope he’s feeling the heat rn...

RSZ

Rough_Rock
Enchanted Diamonds needs to be held accountable. But if he gets away with this, faces no legal charges and doesn’t have to repay his victims, I think a go fund me is a great idea. But first, I’m praying for legal justice and full reimbursement to every customer left in a financial lurch.

Question: if some of these customers are trying to track down the diamond they sent wires for, to prove the diamonds were never purchased by ED, how would they do that? Can they post the GIA number here? So someone in the trade can try to track it down?
Currently, this is being done via rarecarat for anyone who is affected. All the person needs to do is contact RC. Many of us found ourselves in this situation.

LeoGross

Rough_Rock
Trade
As a local retailer who works with rare carat for over a year now I can tell you from first hand experience that they have helped our business and other small jewelry retailers who are on their platform tremendously.

RC finally came with a solution to what many retailers were struggling with, a brilliant way to help connect buyers and sellers on a transparent even playing field so that Jewelers can focus on what they do best, being Jewelers!

What happened with ED is unfortunate, but you can’t blame RC for ED’s poor management. ED decided to drop their prices to unsustainable margins. ED decided to take money without securing the stone from the vendor. ED made a choice as to which vendors to pull the inventory feed from. Every retailer in the world has a responsibility to the customer at the counter / point of sale and ED just made the wrong decisions.

It is not uncommon when vendors don’t update their feed in time. It happens to Bluenile and it happens to James Allen all the time. You simply need to hold off on processing the order until you have the stone in house.

RC has recommended our company to many satisfied customers and we never once got into a situation that put us or the customer in harms way. We only take diamonds from vendors who give us permission to list and we stick to a sustainable profit margin. Despite any temptation to discount, we instead add value to the experience and customers appreciate it while still getting a great deal.

When you communicate everything upfront with both the customer and the vendor there are no issues or excuses.

Don’t undermine the whole lot of good honest retailers out there because of one bad apple.

RSZ

Rough_Rock
As a local retailer who works with rare carat for over a year now I can tell you from first hand experience that they have helped our business and other small jewelry retailers who are on their platform tremendously.

RC finally came with a solution to what many retailers were struggling with, a brilliant way to help connect buyers and sellers on a transparent even playing field so that Jewelers can focus on what they do best, being Jewelers!

What happened with ED is unfortunate, but you can’t blame RC for ED’s poor management. ED decided to drop their prices to unsustainable margins. ED decided to take money without securing the stone from the vendor. ED made a choice as to which vendors to pull the inventory feed from. Every retailer in the world has a responsibility to the customer at the counter / point of sale and ED just made the wrong decisions.

It is not uncommon when vendors don’t update their feed in time. It happens to Bluenile and it happens to James Allen all the time. You simply need to hold off on processing the order until you have the stone in house.

RC has recommended our company to many satisfied customers and we never once got into a situation that put us or the customer in harms way. We only take diamonds from vendors who give us permission to list and we stick to a sustainable profit margin. Despite any temptation to discount, we instead add value to the experience and customers appreciate it while still getting a great deal.

When you communicate everything upfront with both the customer and the vendor there are no issues or excuses.

Don’t undermine the whole lot of good honest retailers out there because of one bad apple.
I completely agree. My stone was found by another vendor who works with RC and was very kind to me and some of the others. RC has been very good at communicating with all of us, as well. Pray your business is not horrible affected in an adverse way because of this person.

Nancyb

Rough_Rock
I agree, at this point the best resolution would be to fully prosecute ED and Joshua personally for the criminal aspect of this...anything less looks like just bad business practices...which it is not!
What it is is a federal CRIME! Attempts to defraud customers while claiming financial difficulty is not a LEGAL nor ethical defense. Without the proper punishment these type things could happen again. Honest business practices must prevail or the reputation of all will be compromised. Joshua knew this was coming for a while and yet kept taking peoples money and orders knowing full well he could not deliver on the promised merchandise. Join in the fight against this FRAUD.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Welcome to Pricescope Leo! May I ask, what is the name of your store?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well at least unsuspecting buyers can't give ED any more money!
Screenshot_20190621-131129_Chrome.jpg

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you, it is Shai Dion

Thanks Leo!
I'm trying to learn more about how this all works....I don't see anything about your store on RC.
How do consumers find your store there?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results