shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald Cuts & Asschers - A Collection

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Love, LOVE all the step cuts on here, ladies❤️❤️❤️...but I’m especially jelly about the antique step cuts on this page. Thanks for sharing!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Boadicea the Valiant - 4.07ct, S-T, VS, emerald cut, with .51ctw tapered bullets in 18kt setting by DKJ. She's getting a re-set this year. Woohooooo!

:mrgreen:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Boadicea the Valiant - 4.07ct, S-T, VS, emerald cut, with .51ctw tapered bullets in 18kt setting by DKJ. She's getting a re-set this year. Woohooooo!

:mrgreen:

20200619_125607.jpg

What?! @mrs-b What do you have in mind? =)2

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What?! @mrs-b What do you have in mind? =)2

Well, I was going to keep it a surprise when I had it set last year. But we couldn't access the side stones in time, so.... I'm having it set with a vivid yellow diamond halo of baguettes. Like *this*, but in yellow gold and with a yellow halo. Tell me what you think, pls, @MamaBee. I may do away with the prongs and go with baguettes all the way around. In fact, I probably will. Yellow is DH's favorite color, and I think the effect will be gorgeous. But I'm biased, so I'd appreciate your thoughts on it.

This is DiamanteBlu's stunner - her EC is over 6.5ct, I believe. .. :love: :-o :love: :-o :love: :-o :love:

DiamanteBlu's stunner.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I was going to keep it a surprise when I had it set last year. But we couldn't access the side stones in time, so.... I'm having it set with a vivid yellow diamond halo of baguettes. Like *this*, but in yellow gold and with a yellow halo. Tell me what you think, pls, @MamaBee. I may do away with the prongs and go with baguettes all the way around. In fact, I probably will. Yellow is DH's favorite color, and I think the effect will be gorgeous. But I'm biased, so I'd appreciate your thoughts on it.

This is DiamanteBlu's stunner - her EC is over 6.5ct, I believe. .. :love: :-o :love: :-o :love: :-o :love:

DiamanteBlu's stunner.jpeg's stunner.jpeg

@mrs-b I‘ve never seen yellow baguettes! I will have to search online to see what they look like! I think it would be beautiful...like sunshine! I like your idea of just doing baguettes instead of the addition of prongs..When will this happen? :appl:

ekboy912

Rough_Rock
Beautiful! Love the setting. Really makes the stone speak for itself.

thank you! she gave me some guidelines but this is a solitaire band thats based on the cartier solitaire band with harry winston-inspired double prongs!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Funny, I was just looking at this thread last night @sprinklesparkles and thinking I should add pics of my new ring!

Here is my antique D color diamond which is kind of a hybrid between an emerald and an asscher!

8531C4FA-0AE0-4D17-AD3C-4F4440E75125.jpeg 95E99843-E111-4801-A8F8-9E96AEEF0A5B.jpeg E770EF7D-DC28-4B43-ACEA-F9D4BBEE74DB.jpeg 4DFF9253-6A7E-432A-8902-2E6FD3BC6E6F.jpeg 6F6C4127-49C6-492C-B25E-DB0DB8BDF1E4.jpeg 42D929A4-4C43-4B57-B8E6-DA5E6B02D7B8.jpeg 200F2AE8-1B08-41DA-86C7-2A6D381FE0F3.jpeg 98A01EDB-7D23-4D8D-B021-C82777FEE1F1.jpeg 8DCA3E8D-1778-402B-844C-0C1A2D692F35.jpeg 673DA385-47B6-4E88-834E-BE6F99C96A40.jpeg 94C2630F-F3D8-4716-B90B-75342135DA75.jpeg 40A6A4DB-FF05-433F-9418-26340AB3D9A6.jpeg

Simply stunning, who is the designer?

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
I adore this setting! Have a stone that would love this new dress....as Nala would say. Do you mind sharing the source?

Thanks. Setting = B&M in Honolulu (the Wedding Ring Shop). IIRC the brand is Vatche. If it isn’t Vatche then it is another brand that starts with V. Got it in 2006 if that helps you find the style.

FWIW I would not get trillions again. They only sparkle immediately after a jewelry-shop level cleaning. Maybe try pear side stones? Or else you might be able to find a setting with higher quality trillions than these. Good luck and post a pic if you find something.

Luvallgems

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks. Setting = B&M in Honolulu (the Wedding Ring Shop). IIRC the brand is Vatche. If it isn’t Vatche then it is another brand that starts with V. Got it in 2006 if that helps you find the style.

FWIW I would not get trillions again. They only sparkle immediately after a jewelry-shop level cleaning. Maybe try pear side stones? Or else you might be able to find a setting with higher quality trillions than these. Good luck and post a pic if you find something.

That helps, Thanks so much. Your ring is beautiful, enjoy in good health.

DiamanteBlu's stunner.jpeg's stunner.jpeg
This is gorgeous! I do like the idea of setting your stone with YG prongs though, I’m a sucker for double claw prongs! The yellow baguettes are a genius idea :D

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is gorgeous! I do like the idea of setting your stone with YG prongs though, I’m a sucker for double claw prongs! The yellow baguettes are a genius idea :D

Thanks so much, @AllAboardTheBlingTrain - I appreciate the encouragement, as I go back and forth on this one. I love its current setting, and part of me thinks - "You love it, it looks fabulous - why mess with it?"

But then I just can't get the yellow diamond idea out of my head....

Thanks so much, @AllAboardTheBlingTrain - I appreciate the encouragement, as I go back and forth on this one. I love its current setting, and part of me thinks - "You love it, it looks fabulous - why mess with it?"

If I remember correctly you do have a beautiful colourless ring - is it an F 3-stone? So I can see why you’d like to really lean into the yellow, considering your ring is a lovely lemony shade already and would probably really take to haloing and/or cupping very well!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

@mrs-b I think the emerald bezel setting is perfect the way it is...I understand YOU have to love it. I love it now..

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I remember correctly you do have a beautiful colourless ring - is it an F 3-stone? So I can see why you’d like to really lean into the yellow, considering your ring is a lovely lemony shade already and would probably really take to haloing and/or cupping very well!

EXACTLY! And yellow is my husband's favorite color and I think he'd get a kick out of it being yellow. When he first proposed giving it to me last year, it was meant to be set with the yellow diamonds, but then the pandemic...and then we couldn't get it done in time for my birthday. So in the end we went with what I have now. But the yellow idea has never let go....

ETA And yes - here's a larger photo of my avatar photo: you can really see the color difference. I want to differentiate them as much as possible.

20210118_131352.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I think the emerald bezel setting is perfect the way it is...I understand YOU have to love it. I love it now..

@MamaBee - Is there a chance you might love it with the yellow frame when you can actually see it? I think it will be killer.

ETA I HOPE so, anyway!

ETA x 2 Oh dear....

:???:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee - Is there a chance you might love it with the yellow frame when you can actually see it? I think it will be killer.

ETA I HOPE so, anyway!

ETA x 2 Oh dear....

:???:

@mrs-b I think it will be beautiful either way. It‘s just that I LOVE the simplicity and elegance of your present setting. I agree..It will be killer in a yellow diamond frame...I did do a quick search for a yellow baguette halo and couldn’t find one example anywhere!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I think it will be beautiful either way. It‘s just that I LOVE the simplicity and elegance of your present setting. I agree..It will be killer in a yellow diamond frame...I did do a quick search for a yellow baguette halo and couldn’t find one example anywhere!

Kinda awesome. :mrgreen:

EXACTLY! And yellow is my husband's favorite color and I think he'd get a kick out of it being yellow. When he first proposed giving it to me last year, it was meant to be set with the yellow diamonds, but then the pandemic...and then we couldn't get it done in time for my birthday. So in the end we went with what I have now. But the yellow idea has never let go....

ETA And yes - here's a larger photo of my avatar photo: you can really see the color difference. I want to differentiate them as much as possible.

20210118_131352.jpg

Both your rings are gorgeous, but after seeing them side by side I’m even more firmly on the side of Team Yellow Baguette Halo :D but really, super gorgeous!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results