shape
carat
color
clarity

emerald cut stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rocky head

Rough_Rock
i have seen an emerald cut stone with dimensions of 10 by 6.5 by approx 3.8. its g-h color and vs1 2.28 carats and priced at 18,500. Is this a good stone for the price? When I have checked other internet sites I can't find any stones with 10mm length. does that mean its rare or what?

Emrldforher

Rough_Rock
Its impossible to tell if its a good price without knowing cut information. What is the table, depth, girdle, any fluorescence, etc..?? There are too many factors! Also, does it have a lab report? Did the seller say it is "g-h" color? Its one or the other!Try and find out more info and come back and post it for us. FYI, a quick search of pricescope for emerald cuts between 2.15-2.35, g-h color, vs1 clarity revealed prices between just over $11K to $19K. Again, a wide range based on type of vendor, cut quality, etc... Hope that helps! Finally, there is another emerald cut thread in this forum that may help you in your search. I don't remember the title, but you should find it easy enough! Good luck!E

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Rocky Head and Emrldforher
smile.gif
Emrldforher is right of course.Since you don't know exactly the color of the stone I assume it doesn't have a grading report. You need to get more accurate grading for the stone in order to estimate the price.Internet price for GIA certified 2.28 G-VS1 would be about $16k-$17k while if it is H color the price could be less than $15k.I'm not sure whether 10mm stone is really rear but yours have nice length/width ratio = 1.54 and not very deep total depth which is rather good.As I said, one need more information (i.e. grading report) for the diamond or better yet to show it to independent expert.Check the cut grading for emerald cut on David Atlas site: www.gemappraisers.com/chrt3.htm You might also have a look at these threads and check Oldminer and Emrldforher recomendations:I need some help concerning an Emerald cut diamondConfused:)Emerald CutsEmerald QuestionWhat is the best cut for an Emerald Cut???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results