shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald Cut Stone Help

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I do love the set up Perry prepared..... but looking at it a second time, is the one on the right slightly smaller? They are very well matched otherwise as far as cut.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kelpie|1312059228|2980691 said:
I do love the set up Perry prepared..... but looking at it a second time, is the one on the right slightly smaller? They are very well matched otherwise as far as cut.

I thought that too - when I tool a ruler to the screen they're virtually the same height, and the right is thinner but I think it's sitting a bit under the center, so I'd guess the difference is smaller..

OP do you have the dimensions on the stones?

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow cant wait to see the finished product, stunning stones :love:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW all the white goodness. I think the one on the right is smaller as well. What are the measurements of the two sidestones?

CageyKG

Rough_Rock

According to Perry, both side stones measure 4.9x3.45mm, so it may just be the camera angle or something.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CageyKG|1312079381|2980874 said:

According to Perry, both side stones measure 4.9x3.45mm, so it may just be the camera angle or something.

Perfect! Well, then, it doesn't get better than this :sun:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It definitely could be the the angle. If he's correct on the measurements. GO FOR IT.

CageyKG

Rough_Rock
Well I decided to be on the safe side and contacted Perry to see if the stones were in fact the same measurements and he responded (very promptly) with the following:

"These stones are cut to the same exact size (there isn’t even a tenth of a mm difference in size). The photo is taken at an angle, and it’s hard to get the diamonds to stay in position for a photo (almost like most kids :) ). We source these stones through cutters who only cut matching pairs of side stones and whose pairs are always an exact match."

So I feel MUCH better after he was able to re-verify that information for me.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! They will make a gorgeous ring. :love: :love: :love:

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
CageyKG said:
Well I'm fortunate enough to be engaged to one of the few women that DOESN'T like to shop. :) Plus, she's very traditional and has hinted at the fact that she would rather be surprised by something I picked out for her, then shop for it herself.

Having said all that though, she and I have been going back and forth about ring designs and she kept coming back to the Tiffany's and Harry Winston emerald cut 3-stone ring, which she loved. Unfortunately, both were outside my price range, so that's why we agreed to wait until I came home so we could see if any of the local jewelers had anything close to that. Fortunately for me, I stumbled across this website, which recommended Leon Mege, and lo and behold, he had an almost IDENTICAL ring for a much cheaper price. So in my mind, it's the best of both worlds - she gets the rings she wants AND she doesn't have to go shopping.

I haven't been home in 8 months - I'm fairly confident she won't be thinking about a shopping trip when I show up next month. :D

Gold. Hope you have a safe trip home. Your lady's not alone in her shopping aversion. Your got what she wanted and avoided overpaying.

I am finding the shopping/design process a little intimidating at the moment buying a similar ring https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/options-for-3-stone-emerald-cut-rhr-2ctw.164736/

I helped my brother choose a surprise ring for his fiance. He knew the shopping process wouldn't be fun for his lady and she'd find it stressful. He made a perfect choice, she loves the ring and the surprise element was romantic.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results