shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald cut! Should I buy or keep looking?

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
Hello pricescopers!! :) I've been wanting an emerald cut diamond forever it seems and I want the shape long and skinny as that seems to look best on my fingers:) But I found this one and it is one of those stones that offers a big look but the clarity and color I gave on a bit so I could afford it.... This stone measures 11.4 x 6.5 so it's a super nice size and I just have it setting in a mounting I had, and pulled the prongs in a bit just to get a visual of it set , but I'll probably set it in an art deco style thin baguette halo mounting :) Should I buy this one or keep looking..everything else I have looked at in this size is wayyyy out of my budget lol!

Attachments

• 20201024_154719.jpg
    20201024_154719.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 20201024_154834.jpg
    20201024_154834.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 20201024_154821.jpg
    20201024_154821.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 20201024_155611.jpg
    20201024_155611.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 20201024_155609.jpg
    20201024_155609.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 20201024_154817.jpg
    20201024_154817.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 36

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s very difficult to tell from static photos.
I love the size, and the l x w ratio.
It looks, at most angles, to not be well cut (I can see straight through it and see your skin, and other background).
Can you take a video?

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
It’s very difficult to tell from static photos.
I love the size, and the l x w ratio.
It looks, at most angles, to not be well cut (I can see straight through it and see your skin, and other background).
Can you take a video?

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
I tried but the video extension won't work :( I really don't see through it honestly..I think it's absolutely beautiful but this is my first emerald cut ever...never had one lol

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally, I am not keen on the setting, as the prongs look too pronounced and not even to my eyes, based on the photos I have seen so far.

DK :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not keeping it in that its just a blank mounting I rigged up to set it in while I decided...i want to do something like antique-1920s-art-deco-diamond-engagement-ring.jpg this with it...

I love this setting!

Not keen on any split shank myself.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Step cut halo can be tricky to be made well as the stones would probably need to be custom-cut to fit, especially the one in the corners, and may be more costly to make as a result.

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
Tha
I love either style!
Can’t wait to see what you decide!

You have the best vantage point: IRL observation.
If this stone WOWS you, that should be all that matters.
As long as it’s flashy, sparkles, and the steps light and dim, properly, you’re good!

Yeah the pictures really don't do it justice....I will say this...when I first saw the stone it literally brought tea

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! When I first saw the stone it literally brought tears to my eyes lol! But I can afford this one now without going into debt and I have the lifetime trade in option so its kinda a win win

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
You have the best vantage point: IRL observation.
If this stone WOWS you, that should be all that matters.
As long as it’s flashy, sparkles, and the steps light and dim, properly, you’re good!

Yeah the pictures really don't do it justice....I will say this...when I first saw the stone it literally brought tea
I love this setting!

Not keen on any split shank myself.

Yeah that one is gorgeous and I already have the long baguettes to do that design

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One thing I learned in my own search for the perfect EC was to go as high as you can on the clarity. EC's are a ball of mirrors and anything that is visable will be seen and reflected.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! When I first saw the stone it literally brought tears to my eyes lol! But I can afford this one now without going into debt and I have the lifetime trade in option so its kinda a win win

Sounds like a winner to me! If it doesn't break the bank and you love it, that's all that really matters. I'm no EC expert but I think it's lovely...and huge! And I adore the second setting you posted, with the baguettes either side :kiss2:

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
Sounds like a winner to me! If it doesn't break the bank and you love it, that's all that really matters. I'm no EC expert but I think it's lovely...and huge! And I adore the second setting you posted, with the baguettes either side :kiss2:

Thank you Dandi! I got it, and I thank you for your advice :) Its not perfect in some eyes, but it sure does make my heart sing, and your right thats all that matters lol!

Hello pricescopers!! :) I've been wanting an emerald cut diamond forever it seems and I want the shape long and skinny as that seems to look best on my fingers:) But I found this one and it is one of those stones that offers a big look but the clarity and color I gave on a bit so I could afford it.... This stone measures 11.4 x 6.5 so it's a super nice size and I just have it setting in a mounting I had, and pulled the prongs in a bit just to get a visual of it set , but I'll probably set it in an art deco style thin baguette halo mounting :) Should I buy this one or keep looking..everything else I have looked at in this size is wayyyy out of my budget lol!

this is beautiful! may I ask, what is your ring size? and what color/clarity is the stone? where did you find such a long shape? so pretty!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results