shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald-cut sapphire suite

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
creepaway3.gif

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
i have 4 pink sapphires...one is hot pink/raspberry, the other is hot pink but with a faint orange undertone (both ovals), the third is an icy pink cushion, and the fourth is round and bubblegum pink.

then there are the other fancy colored sapphires......

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
hot pink and unheated is rare...two of my four are unheated...not the hot pinks.....

your dealer speaks the truth...fine hot pinks are rare enough...but unheated and hot pink.....

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! Your moniker should be "Sapphire."

Maybe I should memo the hot pink and live with it for a while.

How would you choose?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL Ellen!!!
20.gif
I must meet you one of these days.

Linda

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
that is what i do. live with it. see it in different lighting conditions. drop it into a mounting...see it "dirty".

we live in the same neighborhood. if you want i could take a look.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
That would be great. I''ll let you know when it comes in. The one reservation I have is that it''s smaller than I like for coloured stones. But I''d hate to miss out on it. If I''d passed on my spessartite, I''d be kicking myself now.

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
how big (or small) is it??

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
decent size for a threestone or halo. also, should still be reasonably priced...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''ll have to be a 3-stone. I have a halo on its way. What else do you collect besides sapphires?

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
sapphires are my favorite. my newest aquisition is a 4.5ct yellow ec that almost looks like a vivid diamond. i also have tanzanite, rubies and emeralds (hubby loves emeralds)....and pearls too.

i saw a 2.35 natural hot pink that was devine....but i was looking for a 2.5 to 3ct gem quality blue sapphire....

btw...did you ever buy that apartment??

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2008 1:40:09 PM
Author: Linda W
LOL Ellen!!!
20.gif
I must meet you one of these days.

Linda
I would like that Linda.
1.gif

*tiny threadjack over*

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rocks,

I''d love to see your newest acquisition, if you don''t mind. How lucky that your husband is interested in gems as well!

The condo conversion has not been approved, but the owner is not renewing leases (doesn''t make sense). So we''ve moved but are still in the neigbourhood.

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
i wouldn''t say hubby was intersted...he grew up seeing his father shower his mother with jewels. it is normal behavior!!

i don''t have a pic of the yellow...i think i have pics of the pinks though.

as for the conversion...it does make sense. there are two conversion plans...eviction and non eviction. if he''s not interested in a non eviction plan (less control and a large percentage of the renters have to agree to buy), "warehousing" will allow him to convert more quickly. i''m not saying that this is the case....but it may be. he also may be planning on renovations that would be too disruptive if renters were still in the building. what is surprising is the amount of development in our neighborhood...it seems that there is no end in sight....

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you don''t mind, do post pics of your pinks.

My fiance doesn''t buy jewellery for me on his own because he thinks I''m very particular (ok, I am). But he''s extremely supportive of my hobby.

I don''t have any quality sapphires yet, so please guide me.

My previous building has been undergoing renovations for more than a year and it''s driving everyone nuts. I have no idea what the owner is up to. Am I correct in thinking that Manhattan House is not selling well?

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
need to find the pics...sorry

as for manhattan house, don''t know much about the conversion. i know that imperial house (a similar buidling that was converted years ago) is a well established co-op. structurally, these buildings are teriffic. solidly built, and very quiet, with large rooms and generous closet space. i am a real fan of 60''s architecture!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
No problem. I''m terrible about posting pics myself.

Where is Imperial House? I like the Melrose a lot. Unfortunately, my new building doesn''t have the best sound insulation.

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
i think it is 69th and 3rd. big white brick building.

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
where is the melrose? is it one of the new buildings??

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s the one above Equinox on 64th and Lex.

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
got it. it used to be a hotel...the barbizon as i recall...nice facade. is it a condo/co-op,now?? that area is certainly central, but is a bit too busy for us. we prefer north and slightly east.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''re right. It''s called the "Barbizon." It is a busy location, but I wouldn''t turn down One Beacon.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/14/2008 10:24:30 AM
Author: rocks
i wouldn''t say hubby was intersted...he grew up seeing his father shower his mother with jewels. it is normal behavior!!

i don''t have a pic of the yellow...i think i have pics of the pinks though.

as for the conversion...it does make sense. there are two conversion plans...eviction and non eviction. if he''s not interested in a non eviction plan (less control and a large percentage of the renters have to agree to buy), ''warehousing'' will allow him to convert more quickly. i''m not saying that this is the case....but it may be. he also may be planning on renovations that would be too disruptive if renters were still in the building. what is surprising is the amount of development in our neighborhood...it seems that there is no end in sight....
Oh my!! As a wife I''d say every boy should grow up seeing his father showering his mother with jewels..
On the other hand, as a mother of two boys... hmm...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your future daughters in law are going to be lucky ones!

anemone

Rough_Rock
Ha, I was just doing some contracting work in the Barbizon a couple of months ago. I was working with the designer who did the big light fixture in the lobby, among other things.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a coincidence! Did you take a peek at the apartments?

Back to gems ...
My dealers think I should consider the hot pink sapphire and complete my tsavorite set. This is because the former is really rare and the latter is getting scarce. They are confident of assembling other pastel sapphire suites later on.

anemone

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/15/2008 10:15:58 PM
Author: Harriet
What a coincidence! Did you take a peek at the apartments?

Sure, I worked in an apartment that had windows looking N,S,E, and W given some of the positions of the buttresses. You could still see some of the dormitory style rooms on the upper floors. Very dormitory like. I don''t like the low ceilings on the "transition" floors either, but otherwise it''s a great building. Small world.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet, my vote is for the hot pink and tsavorite. I''m all about bright colors right now though...

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
harriet,
i tried to embed the pics of the hot pink/raspberry sapphires...no luck. i''ll try again when i have more patience.

i''d go for the hot pink. i''m a fan of tsavorite too, though i don''t have any. as for the pastel sapphires, i''ve seen many beautiful layouts. there are even dealers that specialize in them....

can''t wait to see them!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results