shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald cut question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

landarchsailor

Rough_Rock
This is my first post....I finally have a reason to come out of lurkerdom!

Initially we were looking for round brillant diamonds, but I kept being distracted by emerald cuts. They are so mesmerizing! This board has been invaluable in terms of helping me learn what to look for, so thanks to everyone who has posted on them in the past!

We are about to purchase a fabulous antique ring with a center stone with the following specs:

1.17 EC
GIA cert
H/VS1
7.64 x 5.13 x 3.3
L/W ratio: 1:1.49
Table: 68%
Depth: 64%
Crown height estimated at 11%
Polish + Symmetry both VG
Culet: none
Girdle: thin to medium
No fluor.

My question is this: I know you cannot buy an emerald cut "by the numbers". That said, how do the numbers for this one look? I''ve seen it a few times, louped it to death and I think its gorgeous...just want to be sure we''re not missing anything....this is a big purchase for us.

All the numbers except for the crown height fall into Class 1B according to the AGA table I found courtsey of this website.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
By the numbers it is going to be a good candidate for a great overall appearance. As you know, the numbers are not so good to use to select a stone as your eyes, but the numbers indicate no cutting problem with the diamond in terms of durability or size appearance. If you like the diamond and its price, you have a good one for consideration.

Any expert would tell you the appearance of the stone is crucial and only people who have actually examined it can speak to its beauty.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you have seen it and love it than I think it is a great EC for you! How are you going to set it?

landarchsailor

Rough_Rock
Wow....fast replies...thanks so much!! I hope I hit the right "reply" button....

Its already set....it has a smallish (maybe .20 each) baguette on each side and then on either side of those, 2 more even smaller baguettes on each side. Plain white gold band. I''m planning on leaving it in that for now since I really do love it, but I''d be open to changing it up someday....haha! This website has been baaaaad for me.....!!

Glad to hear the numbers do in fact sound good and I''m not missing anything. I''m super excited about this one and sometimes I get so excited I miss something glaringly wrong!

B

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results