carat
color
clarity

Emerald Cut Input

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi ya'll!!!

Could I get some feedback on the images for this diamond? I see blue - should i be alarmed?

officelight_6.jpg

_36883.jpg

aset_black__fancy_4.jpg

aset_34.jpg

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
HI Pinto,
I can't comment on the diamond- but I would say that you should, in general, rely on the photographic image as the most important- especially if you're not familiar with reading ASET images.

Personally I much prefer real pics as opposed to ASET images- but of course many people here love to look at aset images- a matter of preference.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
In the other thread you said that it's specified as VS fluor. Does that mean very slight? Because if the GIA says Very Slight, then that's what it is. Meaning you won't even notice it and the picture is just a little off.

What are the specs and millimeter size?

I looooove the shape of it. A fat emerald cut. :appl: :appl:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rockdiamond said:
HI Pinto,
I can't comment on the diamond- but I would say that you should, in general, rely on the photographic image as the most important- especially if you're not familiar with reading ASET images.

Personally I much prefer real pics as opposed to ASET images- but of course many people here love to look at aset images- a matter of preference.
Hi Rockdiamond!
I hope it's not too stalkerish of me :oops: but I was studying the EC pics you had on your FB today! I'm a fan of the diamonds you usually pick for jewelry on your DBL site, so I figured if I could check out what your EC pics look like in 2D, this could be something to key in on.

I have seen a couple iPhone videos of the stone on a white stand. What I want to see next is how the EC looks in a temp ring holder on the hand in pic and video.

iLander said:
In the other thread you said that it's specified as VS fluor. Does that mean very slight? Because if the GIA says Very Slight, then that's what it is. Meaning you won't even notice it and the picture is just a little off.

What are the specs and millimeter size?

I looooove the shape of it. A fat emerald cut. :appl: :appl:
Oops my bad, I meant blue in ASET. :oops:
It is a very strong Fluor.

http://www.gia.edu/cs/Satellite?pagename=GST%2FDispatcher&childpagename=GIA%2FPage%2FReportCheck&c=Page&cid=1355954554547&reportno=6177380939
Measurements
10.18 x 7.80 x 5.42 mm
Carat Weight
4.02 carat
Color Grade
K
Clarity Grade
VVS2

Hee hee beee if a skinny EC is a "baguette", is a fat EC a "ciabatta bread"? :lol: :lol:or my favorite - the miami onion roll :lol:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Haha! :lol:

Just be glad it's not a bagel. :lol:

But HOLY CRAP, it's almost 8 x 10? :shock: :shock: That's a honker. Seriously, that's a rock.

Eight by ten is an awesome size. :love: Go buy a millimeter ruler at the drugstore and cut yourself a little 8 x 10 piece of paper and put it on your finger. Then multiply that effect by 5, because it'll be 3 dimensional and sparkly. Huge. :appl:

AND you have excellent symmetry and polish? That's so important in an EC. I have a G EC and it's in a 3 stone with 2 F EC's (I got it maaaany years ago) and I learned I like a little color in an EC, you can see the details better. The F's just look flat, while the G has more dimension. The G is also XX, and the symmetry is so important to get the flashes reflecting off each other.

Pinto, you are one lucky lady. :appl:

cchloe

Shiny_Rock
Hello emerald :wavey:

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock
I would see blue all day for that size ;-) ;-)

FYI I agree with cutting out paper ;-) ;-)

In all seriousness, I had a VS blue once, and I never was really able to tell (though it was a E, so it did have a super crisp look). And I am colour sensitive. INSANELY.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1459300410|4012884 said:
Haha! :lol:

Just be glad it's not a bagel. :lol:

But HOLY CRAP, it's almost 8 x 10? :shock: :shock: That's a honker. Seriously, that's a rock.

Eight by ten is an awesome size. :love: Go buy a millimeter ruler at the drugstore and cut yourself a little 8 x 10 piece of paper and put it on your finger. Then multiply that effect by 5, because it'll be 3 dimensional and sparkly. Huge. :appl:

AND you have excellent symmetry and polish? That's so important in an EC. I have a G EC and it's in a 3 stone with 2 F EC's (I got it maaaany years ago) and I learned I like a little color in an EC, you can see the details better. The F's just look flat, while the G has more dimension. The G is also XX, and the symmetry is so important to get the flashes reflecting off each other.

Pinto, you are one lucky lady. :appl:
Mmmm... bagel :lickout: !
That's really good to know that the XX truly matters in an EC. Which hides color better in your opinion - the pear or the EC you have?
cchloe said:
Hello emerald :wavey:
Hi cchloe! :wavey: :dance:
MrsWhitney said:
I would see blue all day for that size ;-) ;-)

FYI I agree with cutting out paper ;-) ;-)

In all seriousness, I had a VS blue once, and I never was really able to tell (though it was a E, so it did have a super crisp look). And I am colour sensitive. INSANELY.
Thank you for your sweet words, Mrs. Whitney! I'm so happy to see you around PS again! :wavey:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
My pear is an I and I think it shows color quite a bit more than my G emerald.

But I think it's because the pear has a G halo around it. If the G halo wasn't there for contrast, I seriously wouldn't notice any color at all.

Can you return it once it's set or are you going to order it unset to look at it?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1459372072|4013320 said:

But I think it's because the pear has a G halo around it. If the G halo wasn't there for contrast, I seriously wouldn't notice any color at all.

Can you return it once it's set or are you going to order it unset to look at it?
Geez - I really fail when it comes to making my own purchases! I just e-mailed for the return policy on the EC after I made the deposit.

I just don't want to go into the city again. I've seen enough iphone pics and videos to be comfortable, and Yekutiel says it faces up white. It's going on six years of purchases, so I have faith :angel: :saint:

Also, My vision is only getting crappier from staring at laptops, phones, tablets and TVs all the time, so that helps... :lol:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holler! 30 days return policy!

cchloe

Shiny_Rock
Does it also apply to the whole ring once it's been set? Or just the cost of the stone.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cchloe|1459378426|4013388 said:
Does it also apply to the whole ring once it's been set? Or just the cost of the stone.
Just the stone

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks GREAT, PB!!! :love: It is one I'd personally order, but I'd want to see it before setting just to be sure I loved it in person! Totally envious of the FL!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1459386343|4013453 said:
I think it looks GREAT, PB!!! :love: It is one I'd personally order, but I'd want to see it before setting just to be sure I loved it in person! Totally envious of the FL!
Thanks DS! :wavey:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
PintoBean|1459372723|4013335 said:
iLander|1459372072|4013320 said:

Geez - I really fail when it comes to making my own purchases! I just e-mailed for the return policy on the EC after I made the deposit.

I just don't want to go into the city again. I've seen enough iphone pics and videos to be comfortable, and Yekutiel says it faces up white. It's going on six years of purchases, so I have faith :angel: :saint:

Also, My vision is only getting crappier from staring at laptops, phones, tablets and TVs all the time, so that helps... :lol:

Oh, if you've seen videos it's probably great. :)

Can't wait for pics!!!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Ilander :wavey:
In honor of the EC I requested my DH get from the local supermarket a Miami onion roll with turkey, jarlsberg, lettuce, tomato and mayo :naughty:

_2740.jpeg

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1459552505|4014358 said:
In honor of the EC I requested my DH get from the local supermarket a Miami onion roll with turkey, jarlsberg, lettuce, tomato and mayo :naughty:
PB, OMG I totally thought you made up 'Miami onion roll'! :D

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CareBear|1459612368|4014607 said:
PintoBean|1459552505|4014358 said:
PB, OMG I totally thought you made up 'Miami onion roll'! :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm not creative enough to come up with the Miami onion roll - I WISH! It's delicious, btw! :dance:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yum!!! Now we need more pics of the diamond! :love:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1459622454|4014657 said:
Sunday! I'm going to IDJ on Sunday! I'm scared to death that I will see the EC and be like OMG tint! Then again, my bank account would be happy and fat!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1459623158|4014662 said:
diamondseeker2006|1459622454|4014657 said:
Sunday! I'm going to IDJ on Sunday! I'm scared to death that I will see the EC and be like OMG tint! Then again, my bank account would be happy and fat!

I'm excited for you - I hope you love it, looking forward to hearing what you think!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, yay!!! Will check back in tomorrow! Take lots of pics of the diamond and other stuff for us! :lol:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning.... Can't wait to me more pictures! Great size!

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
I can't wait to see pics of this one! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results