shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald Cut help. Paging Gypsy!

therainbowradish|1452749554|3975803 said:
that's a good point, I'll ask her. Although will the bezel prevent it from being an accurate ASET? It's hard to ignore that it faces up the size of most 3 carats I see on the diamond search and I like the big steps and flashes. And the price. But that bezel's gotta go.

What are your thoughts on the GIA 3 stone being appraised? Is that so that an ASET can be done? Or to verify the price?

I may have 2 more stones to through into the mix tomorrow. Choosing emerald cuts is hard!

I like working with good appraisers if there is uncertainty about the purchase. For me price is a secondary consideration when the stone is papered and you've done research. For me I would want the appraiser's opinion of the cut of the stones and to get an ASET yes.

Most valuable, IMO, if before purchase is to have the appraiser chose among two finalists and tell you their observations.

As for the ASET and the bezel. Well, a normal setting doesn't block an ASET. But I don't know about that bezel though, that's a good question. It's just so horrendous, that setting. I feel sad every time I see it.

RubyLane ring - forget it. EGL and don't think the pattern looks good (may not ASET well).
3 stone - if you cannot get an ASET, then have it sent to an appraiser who knows about cut and can ASET it for you.
JBEG - hate the workmanship and don't think it will ASET well.

Two new stones to consider. Here are the first set of images:

208a0108_1.jpg

suz-aset_black__fancy_-01_1.jpg

suz-idealscope-01_1.jpg

suz-aset_white-01.jpg

Thoughts? Ill post a few more stones in consideration in a little big!

ASET on the 3.01 from the 3 stone ring. Not great, eh?

suz-idealscope-01.jpg

suz-aset_black__fancy_-02.jpg

therainbowradish|1452802668|3976042 said:
ASET on the 3.01 from the 3 stone ring. Not great, eh?
No that's pretty much the definition of terrible.

LOL!

Am I allowed to post a video of the diamond and ring I am considering purchasing? Would love input! The ASET on this one looked great - I guess it is common that the belly facets look dark from straight on but light up as you shift, correct?

https://youtu.be/Mjb1XkLQYdE

therainbowradish|1452896692|3976536 said:
LOL!

Am I allowed to post a video of the diamond and ring I am considering purchasing? Would love input! The ASET on this one looked great - I guess it is common that the belly facets look dark from straight on but light up as you shift, correct?

https://youtu.be/Mjb1XkLQYdE

You really don't want them to go ALL off and on like that. But the video is not the best quality. Where is the ASET for that one? The stone looks like other than the 'full off and on' issue.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP