shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald Cut Experts - I need your assistance, please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
So, I'm really, really hoping my sister hasn't found this site, yet - because I need some help finding a .50 ct. EC that will look gorgeous set E/W. I have seen some with really heavily clipped corners that just don't look so great when viewed east-west, and this is extremely important to the setting.

Also, here is what I know of the setting.

1. Emerald cut set east - west, bewteen .45 and .65, anywhere from a D-H, VVS1-VS2.
2. She wants it bezel set, but I'm out of ideas other than a traditional half bezel - my creative juices have dried up! I know she wants platinum of white gold, but probably platinum. She has a size 4.5 finger, so diamond finger coverage isn't too bad with that size EC.
3. What do you guys think about a .15 ct. step cut traps bezel set along-side the EC?

If I could ask of some guidance of you fine people, I would be very, very, very appreciative!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that stone would look great set east-west. And I like the idea of traps, too. I''m no expert, though!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stats sure looks nice as is the stone in the rotating picture!
30.gif
I''m sure she''ll love it. What type of metal are you looking for? WG or PT? Need side stones? What is your budget for the setting? I''ll keep an eye out for a EW bezel.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2007 8:07:32 AM
Author: Chrono
The stats sure looks nice as is the stone in the rotating picture!
30.gif
I''m sure she''ll love it. What type of metal are you looking for? WG or PT? Need side stones? What is your budget for the setting? I''ll keep an eye out for a EW bezel.
Thank you!

OK, here''s the idea.

He wants 18k white gold for her, and we''re thinking of bezel setting the step cut trapezoids, maybe .25 each? I think his budget is $3k in diamonds, and up to $2k for the setting.

I just tried to call Whiteflash, but their phone lines are down. Have any idea why?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Irina did this picture for me: a bezel set EW center stone with two smaller side stones. No idea about who makes the setting though.
ChronoTourm.jpg

Yeah, they aren't diamonds, but when you mentioned bezel, this just popped into my head.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2007 3:10:24 PM
Author: Chrono
Irina did this picture for me: a bezel set EW center stone with two smaller side stones. No idea about who makes the setting though.
ChronoTourm.jpg

Yeah, they aren''t diamonds, but when you mentioned bezel, this just popped into my head.

Thank you - that''s getting the creative juices flowing . . .

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results