shape
carat
color
clarity

Elongated antique cushion

jrzgrl1119

Shiny_Rock
I sent her the photos, including a shot of jrzgirl's stone (@jrzgrl1119 I hope you don't mind, I didn't think to ask you first until it was too late) I also attached an image of what the faceting should look like. Fingers crossed! At this point, I just want a refund. But if she were to offer me something else, I'd consider it, if she could send me pictures of the stone first. I sure wish I'd asked for that before!

I don't mind that you used my picture. I hope they send you a new stone. I was unhappy work a stone I received from Provence gem and Flora was so helpful and quickly sent me a new, beautiful stone! It would benefit their company to keep customers happy!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Grrr. She's not giving in, says it's my fault because I didn't specify anything regarding the cutting. I was going by the picture she sent me, which is not like this stone. So, I can return for a refund, at my expense. I have to leave for work, so I'll deal with this when I get home. Annoyed!

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
@KaeKae while this is disappointing, I’m not surprised that they’re making you ship the stone back at your expense, unfortunately. I believe when Tianyu and Starsgem first started out, they have asked customers to pay for return shipping. This might have changed the more popular they’ve gotten with the Western markets, but I have seen older posts where other posters have had to ship at their cost.

It’s unfortunate because like I said, these stones cost them nothing to make and it would be easier for everyone involved if they would ship a replacement stone. However, I am guessing this type of customer service is not the norm.

One thing I don’t understand is how she is placing the blame on you stating you didn’t specify the cutting. How could you specify anything when two other posters bought stones without issues? Not to mention, she didn’t even show you what the stones looked like before she shipped them? Had she actually done that, you would have caught it and they would have been able to correct the cut.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Grrr. She's not giving in, says it's my fault because I didn't specify anything regarding the cutting. I was going by the picture she sent me, which is not like this stone. So, I can return for a refund, at my expense. I have to leave for work, so I'll deal with this when I get home. Annoyed!
That is seriously BS. You shouldn't have to specify if she sent you a pic that looked like what you wanted. And she should have shown you pics before sending to avoid all of these issues!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@KaeKae

One thing I don’t understand is how she is placing the blame on you stating you didn’t specify the cutting. How could you specify anything when two other posters bought stones without issues? Not to mention, she didn’t even show you what the stones looked like before she shipped them? Had she actually done that, you would have caught it and they would have been able to correct the cut.

I think I am going to mention this in my next, and hopefully last communication with her.

Now I have to figure out the least expensive but reliable way to return this terribly cut stone to her.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I am going to mention this in my next, and hopefully last communication with her.

Now I have to figure out the least expensive but reliable way to return this terribly cut stone to her.
I cannot get over how dumb this is. I would ask to escalate to a manager or supervisor or something.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I’d open a paypal dispute before I paid $35 to ship it back to China! You can send it without tracking for around $15 (if you’re in the US. I was in South Carolina) but it seriously took weeks for them to get it and I had no way to track it once it left the US. Pretty nerve wracking. I wouldn’t pay a dime in this instance, since it’s clearly their error. If they didn’t want to reimburse me for shipping, I’d go straight to PayPal.

baileydare16

Shiny_Rock
I’d open a paypal dispute before I paid $35 to ship it back to China! You can send it without tracking for around $15 (if you’re in the US. I was in South Carolina) but it seriously took weeks for them to get it and I had no way to track it once it left the US. Pretty nerve wracking. I wouldn’t pay a dime in this instance, since it’s clearly their error. If they didn’t want to reimburse me for shipping, I’d go straight to PayPal.
This is exactly what I would do as well. I wouldn’t pay a dang dime to send it back. This is 100% their fault and since they don’t want to take ownership I would definitely get PayPal involved and just get my money back.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking about this more during the day, it just makes me so angry. This stone looks nothing like the stone she linked in our conversation. If there really was a valid reason that a smaller stone would look different (and we know it's not that, it's cut differently, poorly) then she should have mentioned that when I asked about it, as I have no reason to think that would be the case, just because the stone is smaller.

So, yes, I think I'm going to have to file a dispute through Paypal I don't even want a refund on the OEC, just the cushion.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking about this more during the day, it just makes me so angry. This stone looks nothing like the stone she linked in our conversation. If there really was a valid reason that a smaller stone would look different (and we know it's not that, it's cut differently, poorly) then she should have mentioned that when I asked about it, as I have no reason to think that would be the case, just because the stone is smaller.

So, yes, I think I'm going to have to file a dispute through Paypal I don't even want a refund on the OEC, just the cushion.

All of this. 100%.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
This makes me so sad. I hope PayPal decides in your favor (which I’m sure it will).

I don’t think they realize how this potentially hurts their business. There are many people who join Pricescope so that they can properly vet certain vendors. Because Zhengyong is so new I don’t know if they can write off this incident as a one off like Tianyu or Starsgem, both of whom have been around longer. Heck, I even know that Mona will recut if you’re not happy with the stones you get, and she’s only been around a couple months!

This is all very disappointing. Then again, I didn’t exactly have the best interactions with them, either...

Last edited:

baileydare16

Shiny_Rock
This makes me so sad. I hope PayPal decides in your favor (which I’m sure it will).

I don’t think they realize how this potentially hurts their business. There are many people who join Pricescope so that they can properly vet certain vendors. Because Zhengyong is so new I don’t know if they can write off this incident as a one off like Tianyu or Starsgem, both of whom have been around longer. Heck, I even know that Mona will recut if you’re not happy with the stones you get, and she’s only been around a couple months!

This is all very disappointing. Then again, I didn’t exactly have the best interactions with them, either...
Yeah I considered maybe ordering an inexpensive stone from them but because of this I definitely will not. I would rather pay more to order from Mona and make sure I get a top quality stone

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah I considered maybe ordering an inexpensive stone from them but because of this I definitely will not. I would rather pay more to order from Mona and make sure I get a top quality stone
I was about to order a stone with them as well, but didn't when they couldn't source champagne color. Now I'm happy I didn't.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20190422_142058.jpg 20190422_142113.jpg 20190422_142327.jpg Thank you all for your support! While I've been at Pricescope for 10 years, I've only ever bought a setting and a few preset items, never a loose diamond, let alone a moissanite. So having your confirmation that I'm not wrong about the cutting on this stone makes a big difference to me.

I used my loupe to get closer pictures, and boy do they show what I see. I'll attach those in a minute. Do you think I should try one more time with Amy, by sending these pictures, or should I just go to paypal at this point?

I started to write up the report to paypal. I'm not sure exactly how to word it, but I'm getting there. Also, do I ask for a refund for both the stone and half the shipping? Or just the stone itself. (remember, I am keeping the OEC, which I'll make a separate post about) If I have to go the paypal route, I want to do it so that they are most likely to decide in my favor.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On a much more positive note, LOL I probably shouldn't have but I just went ahead and had my Jeweler set the oec in my mom's setting. I think it's beautiful. I hope this other taint the 20190424_152111.jpg 20190424_152046.jpg 20190424_152049.jpg ring for me because right now I'm telling myself just remember Mom wearing this

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
After reading what you wrote, I think you should just go with Paypal and not even discuss with Amy. She has already asked you to ship back the stone at your cost and it doesn't sound like Zhengyong wants to negotiate beyond that, with or without the photos you took.

As far as what to claim (re: shipping), that's tough because both are so light. If it were me personally, I'd ask for a refund for just the cushion BUT on the condition that they (ie, Zhengyong) cover shipping for the return. I wonder if you can do that with Paypal? I haven't filed a claim with Paypal, unfortunately, but I try to be fair when it comes to returns, even if I'm not happy.

Your ring looks beautiful, btw. I would appreciate the OEC for what it is...it has made your mother's ring gorgeous and wearable! :love:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@sd_flp
That is how I'm leaning.
I'm going to work on how to word my appeal with paypal tonight.
Honestly, if they want the stone back, I'm willing to send it, on their dime. Why they would want that back, I'm not sure. Being able to see it through the loupe, it's awful.

Maybe in a few weeks, I'll be back looking for that second stone. But right now, I'm enjoying Mom's ring.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@sd_flp
That is how I'm leaning.
Honestly, if they want the stone back, I'm willing to send it, on their dime. Why they would want that back, I'm not sure. Being able to see it through the loupe, it's awful.

Maybe in a few weeks, I'll be back looking for that second stone. But right now, I'm enjoying Mom's ring.
I would tell PayPal that you are filing bc you didn't receive what the images told you that you would. Show the pics from the listing and from this board. Also tell them that you will send them back the horrible stone only if they pay shipping. Period. But I wouldn't ask for any of the shipping fee to you, since you are happy with one of the stones

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
@sd_flp
That is how I'm leaning.

The stone is ridiculous....I would definitely just stick to paypal and make your complaint. Keep the explanation very simple. They sent you a picture of ‘X’ and sent you a stone that looks like ‘Y’ and what you received did not meet the expectation that they gave you based on their disclosed picture. You are now in a position only to return the stone at your expense, which probably costs more than the actual stone. Key words are ‘item not as described’ which is what ebay typically uses for customer complaints.

Having dealt with these Chinese vendors for almost 2 years now, I have learned that applying American logic to their customer service just doesn’t work. Even when people have been on the receiving end of a lot of the early issues, that don’t budge. They don’t really care about these small orders although they are happy to take the money when it comes as it gives them better feedback/response times on Alibaba or more exposure through these various boards. Tianyu and Starsgem have gotten better because they saw how much business we where throwing their way and were finally willing to invest in a few more service rep’s. Mona was expected to operate much the same and now some people have tried out Provence as well. I have a hard time recommending new vendors because it took us so long just to get the first 2 were we wanted them. This is the unfortunate side of the beginning process with new people and why they start out so cheap. If they see a lot of issues, remakes, returns, they will start jacking up the prices.

I feel very bad that this has happened to you but it is lucky that you paid through PP. I find that they typically side with the consumer in these instances and the battles I have helped people through on Alibaba, they typically sided with the vendor. I always pay through PP now, even if it costs me a bit more. I do hope you get your money back and that you are not required to send back a completely useless stone. No one in their right mind should have mailed out an antique cushion looking like that without checking with the customer first. Knowing the cut pattern and the dimensions should have been a red flag to someone in their process....

Last edited:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more question. I didn't realize that on Paypal, there is a difference between a Dispute and a Claim.
How long would you recommend I wait until I escalate to a Claim? (I know it's only been 24 hours) There has been no response from the seller. Do I give them time (say over the weekend? Some time next week?) to respond, or just escalate to the claim since they have already had the chance to work with me? Paypal gives me until May 15 to do so.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more question. I didn't realize that on Paypal, there is a difference between a Dispute and a Claim.
How long would you recommend I wait until I escalate to a Claim? (I know it's only been 24 hours) There has been no response from the seller. Do I give them time (say over the weekend? Some time next week?) to respond, or just escalate to the claim since they have already had the chance to work with me? Paypal gives me until May 15 to do so.
I would just escalate now bc you already gave them a chance to work with you.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs

Thank you, you are confirming my instinct is okay. I don't want to jump the gun, so to speak. It's just that I have no experience on this matter. The only other time I've had an issue with a PS vendor (okay, these guys aren't there, but still) the vendor went above and beyond to make me happy.

On a better note, I've been wearing the OEC and so happy with it. :)

Thanks, again.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
UPDATE
(and the last time I'll comment on this, unless asked about it.)

Paypal refunded the price of the cushion last night!

Thank you all for your support and advice regarding this ordeal. Give me just a little while and I'll be back looking for a stone for my yg setting. In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy my OEC and hope this company's CS dept learns a lesson one day about making sure quality comes first, so the customer will come back and be able to recommend them to potential new customers.

Now off to see who has the good elongated stones. (see, I said a little while :) )

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
UPDATE

Thank you all for your support and advice regarding this ordeal. Give me just a little while and I'll be back looking for a stone for my yg setting. In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy my OEC and hope this company's CS dept learns a lesson one day about making sure quality comes first, so the customer will come back and be able to recommend them to potential new customers.

Now off to see who has the good elongated stones. (see, I said a little while :) )
What a relief and congrats! I wish there was a DM messaging system here because I wanted to ask you if there was an update. I'm glad you got refunded and I'm so happy for you. :mrgreen2:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
UPDATE

Yessss I have been wondering about this but didn't want to bother you. Yayayyayay such good news! I was pretty positive it would go in your favor, but you never know. I'm really glad that you got your $$ back. What an annoying experience! From what I can tell, Mona has some amazing antique cushions. I love love love them.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Yessss I have been wondering about this but didn't want to bother you. Yayayyayay such good news! I was pretty positive it would go in your favor, but you never know. I'm really glad that you got your $$ back. What an annoying experience! From what I can tell, Mona has some amazing antique cushions. I love love love them.
LOL, I was gonna recommend Mona, too, but I didn't want to say anything 'cause I haven't bought them (yet). :lol-2:

@KaeKae , Mona is fabulous. I worked with her when she first started and she has been my favorite Chinese vendor BY FAR. And I've also worked with Tianyu and Starsgem. Seriously, go to her. I don't know anyone who has been unhappy with her. =)2

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Going over to the Mona thread now, then. Thanks!!

(initially I saw Paypal said the process could take up to 30 days. Standard business time, I thought. Then I saw in my claim that it should be resolved by May 6, so April 30th -though it happened after I looked early last night of course- is great for me. )

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results