shape
carat
color
clarity

Elongated antique cushion

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_20190417_125553~2.jpg IMG_20190417_125528~2.jpg IMG_20190417_125516.jpg the setting and eternity band were made by stars gem. The stone is very pretty. I'll see if I can upload a video later:)

It's beautiful @jrzgrl1119
Do you have a picture of the profile?

Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow! Why can't it be today? ;-)

jrzgrl1119

Shiny_Rock
It's beautiful @jrzgrl1119
Do you have a picture of the profile?

Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow! Why can't it be today? ;-)
View attachment 687095 IMG_20190418_064902~2.jpg
It can be hard to wait! I'm very happy with this. I think my favorite E ring that I have is my OEC. It's at the jewelers this week so illI be wearing this set. CantC wait to see your pictures!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
View attachment 687095 IMG_20190418_064902~2.jpg
It can be hard to wait! I'm very happy with this. I think my favorite E ring that I have is my OEC. It's at the jewelers this week so illI be wearing this set. CantC wait to see your pictures!

Thanks for that picture. So pretty.
I actually ordered two stones, the second one is an OEC. :)

jrzgrl1119

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for that picture. So pretty.
I actually ordered two stones, the second one is an OEC. :)
I have not seen their OEC. Please post pictures, I'd love to see their cut.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My stones arrived :)
Its cloudy. and getting later, so I dont have the best light. I can post now pictures when the sun comes out again

I really like the OEC.
I'm not as happy with the cushion, right now. It looks much more narrow than those pictured online or earlier in this thread. in going to play with it a bit. but I don't know what my recourse is, anyway
Here are a few pictures I took.
20190419_181637.jpg 20190419_181634.jpg 20190419_181632.jpg 20190419_181615.jpg 20190419_181202.jpg

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Its cloudy. and getting later, so I dont have the best light. I can post now pictures when the sun comes out again

I really like the OEC.
I'm not as happy with the cushion, right now. It looks much more narrow than those pictured online or earlier in this thread. in going to play with it a bit. but I don't know what my recourse is, anyway
20190419_181637.jpg 20190419_181634.jpg 20190419_181632.jpg 20190419_181615.jpg 20190419_181202.jpg
That is a very nice OEC! But you’re right, that cushion looks odd...it’s more oval than an actual cushion....?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I really like the OEC.
That is NOT a cushion. I'm not trying to insult the stone, but it's like an elongated square-ish oval. You should definitely get a refund for that one, because they didn't send what you ordered. But the OEC looks lovely!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you, @sd_flp and @lovedogs for confirming my feelings about the stone. Has anyone had success in returning a stone here? I'm not even sure it's the right dimensions. I'll have to look that up and try to measure tomorrow. I just know that it is too skinny, and the cutting looks dead.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
@KaeKae , I haven’t returned any stone to China, but I am in shock that they sent you that stone. It’s like they put it in the box without bothering to check it. Your OEC looks very beautiful, which makes it even more shocking.

I’d try to contact them and ask about the return process. You shouldn’t keep that “oval” cushion!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you, @sd_flp and @lovedogs for confirming my feelings about the stone. Has anyone had success in returning a stone here? I'm not even sure it's the right dimensions. I'll have to look that up and try to measure tomorrow. I just know that it is too skinny, and the cutting looks dead.
you don't need to worry about anything other than getting in contact with them and telling them that the stone is 100% unacceptable. I doubt they'll even make you send it back, since anyone with eyes can clearly see its not a cushion. But if they do, insist that you do so on their dime. You shouldn't have to pay 1 cent for anything that's 100% their fault.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do think the OEC is going to be great in my mom's solitaire setting.

@lovedogs and @sd_flp thank you both for the advice. I will be contacting Amy in the morning (well, my morning, not hers) I'm so disappointed in this cushion. I so wanted a stone like I'd seen in this thread.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do think the OEC is going to be great in my mom's solitaire setting.

@lovedogs and @sd_flp thank you both for the advice. I will be contacting Amy in the morning (well, my morning, not hers) I'm so disappointed in this cushion. I so wanted a stone like I'd seen in this thread.
did you specifically ask for an elongated antique cushion? I'm just seriously in shock. Like how does that get sent out??? Did zero people check the stone? ugh, this is why ordering from abroad with language barriers is sometimes risky.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
did you specifically ask for an elongated antique cushion? I'm just seriously in shock. Like how does that get sent out??? Did zero people check the stone? ugh, this is why ordering from abroad with language barriers is sometimes risky.

I did.
I think you are right about the risks. Maybe I should have sent a picture, too?

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
I did.

What dimensions did you asked for? I would not be happy with the cushion.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did.
Yeah, i think you always need to send a pic of exactly what you want . Otherwise there are too many potential issues . But still that's no excuse for sending you that stone!

jrzgrl1119

Shiny_Rock
I never sent them a picture. I told them that I wanted an elongated antique cushion and I gave them the dimensions.

baileydare16

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow I would definitely get a refund for that! What dimensions did you originally ask for?

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe it's a 7x5, I wanted a 1.25 stone.

I sent Amy a message this morning, explaining how much I like the OEC, and how disappointed I am with the cushion, and that I want to return. Hoping I don't have to do that. I've already paid to ship it, I don't want to pay to ship it back.

There's no reason why I can't drop off the OEC with my jeweler, right? I have the setting, so I'd like to get that project going, if I can. I'm just disappointed that I don't have a stone for my yg setting now. :(

Here's a couple quick pictures with the OEC sitting in my mom's setting. My 7 stone band is also moissy.

20190420_121521.jpg View attachment 687488 View attachment 687489 20190420_121502.jpg

Last edited:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Frustrated! Amy responded to me with this:

The cushion cut is old mine cut as I show you the picture on April.13th. This is one of our hottest sale cut.
But due to the stone size in the picture I show you is 8x9mm, and what you order is 5x8mm, the length is longer, so look not same, but the ctting really is same.
Best regards,

1. We know the cutting is not the same.
2. Stone I ordered was 5/7, per her info when I asked for the measurement.
3. What I asked about was: elongate antique cut cushion cut moissanite, Is that really the same as an old mine cut?

I'm going to try to attach a picture of the stone to my next message to her, but I want to take a few more to get a good shot.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
@KaeKae , wow, that is messed up. Maybe the cutting method is the “same” but the cut and shape is messed up. You have written evidence that she stated it would be 5x7, correct? And you paid with PayPal, right? If all else fails, you can file a claim with PayPal so you can get a refund through there. Ugh, I’m really sorry you’re going through this!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The OEC is lovely @KaeKae :love:

I'm sorry the cushion didn't turn out right and that they are now giving you a hard time about returning it. I agree that you have recourse through PayPal if all else fails but hopefully they will do the right thing and not let it progress to the point where you have to contact PayPal.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do have that via the Alibaba messaging. I wonder if I should print that out when I get home tonight? Or. If i can access alibaba on my tablet, get a screen shot. Even better, right? I think I will. And yes, I did pay with PayPal, thank you for reminding me I can file with them.

I want to give Amy the benefit of the doubt first, that she didn't see the stone that was shipped to me. And see if she says something different after I send her pictures.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do have that via the Alibaba messaging. I wonder if I should print that out when I get home tonight? Or. If i can access alibaba on my tablet, get a screen shot. Even better, right? I think I will. And yes, I did pay with PayPal, thank you for reminding me I can file with them.

I want to give Amy the benefit of the doubt first, that she didn't see the stone that was shipped to me. And see if she says something different after I send her pictures.
Show her the conversations (screendhots) and a pic of the stone. I can't imagine she will try to say it's the same as what you asked for. But if she does, then file w PP.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sent her the photos, including a shot of jrzgirl's stone (@jrzgrl1119 I hope you don't mind, I didn't think to ask you first until it was too late) I also attached an image of what the faceting should look like. Fingers crossed! At this point, I just want a refund. But if she were to offer me something else, I'd consider it, if she could send me pictures of the stone first. I sure wish I'd asked for that before!

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
@KaeKae I hope she at least offer a refund. I hope I don't get flamed for this, but these stones don't cost them much to make. At least, that was the impression I got when I compared loose stone prices with jewelry prices from Tianyu/Starsgem/Mona. It's not like they are losing a lot of money; it would probably cost them more for them to pay for your shipping.

I don't know what the manufacturing and shipping process is like, but when I was interested in buying from Zhengyong, I got the impression from my rep that the sales floor and cutting/manufacturing floor were separate and not very close with each other. Even then, someone should have at least checked and vetted the quality of the cuts before they shipped it out to you.

Edit: sorry, didn't come out right. Basically I was trying to say there is no reason they shouldn't give a refund. It would be in their best interest from a business standpoint. I'm hoping it doesn't get to the point where you have to escalate to paypal, but at least you have this for peace of mind.

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@KaeKae I hope she at least offer a refund. I hope I don't get flamed for this, but these stones don't cost them much to make. At least, that was the impression I got when I compared loose stone prices with jewelry prices from Tianyu/Starsgem/Mona. It's not like they are losing a lot of money; it would probably cost them more for them to pay for your shipping.

I don't know what the manufacturing and shipping process is like, but when I was interested in buying from Zhengyong, I got the impression from my rep that the sales floor and cutting/manufacturing floor were separate and not very close with each other. Even then, someone should have at least checked and vetted the quality of the cuts before they shipped it out to you.

Edit: sorry, didn't come out right. Basically I was trying to say there is no reason they shouldn't give a refund. It would be in their best interest from a business standpoint. I'm hoping it doesn't get to the point where you have to escalate to paypal, but at least you have this for peace of mind.
I agree with this 100%. These stones don't cost them a ton to make, and it will cost them more business if they won't do the right thing here are offer a refund.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@sd_flp and @lovedogs
Thank you both!
sd, I totally understood what you were saying :)

I mentioned that I first saw the elongated cushion on pricescope, in hopes that they will consider that if they stand by their product, that info may be shared here. (and of course, it will) As much as I'm disappointed in the stone, I'm more upset and disappointed that she's not doing what she can to make a customer (who loves the other part of the order) happy.

I had a feeling that the CS reps don't see the shipments, so I made sure she saw the same pictures that made you and me go: NO, NOT GOOD. Once she sees my message, if she's still saying it's the same cut, then I guess I'll have no choice but to contact paypay. I've never had to do that, so I'm not even sure how to do it, but I'll figure it out.

In the meantime, I did drop off the other stone with my jeweler. I hope I don't regret not waiting on that. But why would they want both stones back, if they could just refund me for the one? Gosh, I hope they do that, and soon. I still want an elongated stone of some type (cushion/marquise/oval?)
for my yg ring.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@sd_flp and @lovedogs
Thank you both!
sd, I totally understood what you were saying :)

I mentioned that I first saw the elongated cushion on pricescope, in hopes that they will consider that if they stand by their product, that info may be shared here. (and of course, it will) As much as I'm disappointed in the stone, I'm more upset and disappointed that she's not doing what she can to make a customer (who loves the other part of the order) happy.

I had a feeling that the CS reps don't see the shipments, so I made sure she saw the same pictures that made you and me go: NO, NOT GOOD. Once she sees my message, if she's still saying it's the same cut, then I guess I'll have no choice but to contact paypay. I've never had to do that, so I'm not even sure how to do it, but I'll figure it out.

In the meantime, I did drop off the other stone with my jeweler. I hope I don't regret not waiting on that. But why would they want both stones back, if they could just refund me for the one? Gosh, I hope they do that, and soon. I still want an elongated stone of some type (cushion/marquise/oval?)
for my yg ring.
I hope they just send you the right cut! When done right they are amazing

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope they just send you the right cut! When done right they are amazing

That would be even better. That's why I ordered from them in the first place.
But I didn't ask that. Should I have? I thought she should have offered it from the get go.
At this point, I'd be happy to pay the difference and go up to the next size.
But they have to pay the shipping, etc. Amy's lack of readiness to work with me is such a downer.

But I realize that I need to let her respond to my message with the pictures.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results