shape
carat
color
clarity

Elongated antique cushion

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
54451E29BF57BE622FE6AEE30F906AC9.jpg IMG_1160 (1).JPG IMG_1159 (1).JPG IMG_1161 (1).JPG

This is the solitaire that the 8x7 stone will go in. I also ordered an eternity band!
I didn’t know Starsgem will make settings! :shock: I need to get in on that!

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooooh love it! It's going to look amazing in that setting, and the eternity band is incredible! What is the mm size of the stones? lovely!

jrzgrl1119

Shiny_Rock
ooooh love it! It's going to look amazing in that setting, and the eternity band is incredible! What is the mm size of the stones? lovely!
Thank you the stones are 2 mm.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heard back from Amy, yes, they can accept PayPal. I wonder why Flora doesn't know that. But thank you fur the guidance in this.

@jrzgrl1119 this is off topic, but, you mentioned a band account, what kind of band do you have?

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I placed my order :)

How long does it usually take to reach the states?

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
I placed my order :)

How long does it usually take to reach the states?

For me, it takes less than 5 business days. usually 3-4 days once I get the tracking.

It takes about 10 days to cut the stone though.

jrzgrl1119

Shiny_Rock
Heard back from Amy, yes, they can accept PayPal. I wonder why Flora doesn't know that. But thank you fur the guidance in this.

@jrzgrl1119 this is off topic, but, you mentioned a band account, what kind of band do you have?
That must have been a typo, bank account, no band.

jrzgrl1119

Shiny_Rock
I decided to go for it too. I did the same with DEF 7X8 ACC one. I love the rounded corners and the maltese cross. I thought since the price was still fairly good, might as well try it out. I need to try and get better pictures later:) It's still in the case because the black cushion thingy is kind of warped so I didn't want to risk it falling out.

ACC.jpg
Your stone is so pretty! I love the 8x7 size! What will you do with your stone?

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
This is the 9x7 stone, I had set in a stuller pendant setting that I bought on etsy IMG_20190409_112136.jpg IMG_20190409_113334.jpg IMG_20190409_113232.jpg
This turned out beautiful! I'm low-key envious of you right now. :love:

Argh. Now I'm struggling as to whether or not I should reach out to my rep. Last I spoke with her, she quoted me that $60 per carat for GH ($63.50 for DEF). Their prices arbitrarily go up so I'm unsure at this point...not to mention she spam messages me after I ask her.

Also, I don't know if I want the elongated cushion or the regular square antique cushion. Hmm...

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@jrzgrl1119
lol on the band vs bank. But band would have been fun!

So, my order is in process. Yay!

Amy wants to know whether to declare original value or low value to customs. Any idea on which is better? I've never ordered from overseas before.

jrzgrl1119

Shiny_Rock
@jrzgrl1119
lol on the band vs bank. But band would have been fun!

So, my order is in process. Yay!

Amy wants to know whether to declare original value or low value to customs. Any idea on which is better? I've never ordered from overseas before.

She asked me the same thing and I had said lower value.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She asked me the same thing and I had said lower value.

That was my first instinct, but I thought I'd ask those with more experience than I have :)

How does customs work with shipped items? Are we charged something before receiving? Wait, I did win my yellow diamond ring, it's worth much more than these stones, and wasn't charged anything. Okay. I'm rambling now. Thanks for the info, @jrzgrl1119

jrzgrl1119

Shiny_Rock
That was my first instinct, but I thought I'd ask those with more experience than I have :)

How does customs work with shipped items? Are we charged something before receiving? Wait, I did win my yellow diamond ring, it's worth much more than these stones, and wasn't charged anything. Okay. I'm rambling now. Thanks for the info, @jrzgrl1119
I don't think you'll be charged. I'm not sure why she asks.i think it's irrelevant bit I could be wrong. I didn't pay a customs fee for the two stones I've ordered.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ordered my first elongated antique cushion from Wuzhoe Zhengyon. They are $44.50 per carat. I think it's very pretty but I'm not an expert on cut quality. Let me know what you think. It's a cellphone picture. I'll have to take some pictures with my DSLR IMG_20190311_120232.jpg

Gorgeous!:love:

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I thought I would mention this in case anyone is interested in buying from this vendor.

My rep contacted me just now—even though I haven’t spoken to her since mid-last week—and told me that the price I was quoted is now invalid due to the “increase in price of the raw materials”. So now GH color is $63.50 per carat. I found this to be a little of a turn off, tbh...

While this is still lower than Tianyu and Starsgem, I find it really odd that their pricing has been going up in a matter of weeks. So, I guess if you want to buy cushions from them, you should do so ASAP.

Either that or I’m being ripped off by my sales rep, whom I didn’t feel comfortable buying from in the first place. :roll:

jrzgrl1119

Shiny_Rock
I thought I would mention this in case anyone is interested in buying from this vendor.

My rep contacted me just now—even though I haven’t spoken to her since mid-last week—and told me that the price I was quoted is now invalid due to the “increase in price of the raw materials”. So now GH color is $63.50 per carat. I found this to be a little of a turn off, tbh...

While this is still lower than Tianyu and Starsgem, I find it really odd that their pricing has been going up in a matter of weeks. So, I guess if you want to buy cushions from them, you should do so ASAP.

Either that or I’m being ripped off by my sales rep, whom I didn’t feel comfortable buying from in the first place. :roll:

Yeah, they're intial price was very appealing so I figured I'd give them a try. They're prices seem to be rising very quickly. The last stone I had ordered was more expensive and it took a while. I was told they were short on moissanite. They should honor prices that we're quoted to you.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, they're intial price was very appealing so I figured I'd give them a try. They're prices seem to be rising very quickly. The last stone I had ordered was more expensive and it took a while. I was told they were short on moissanite. They should honor prices that we're quoted to you.
I don’t know, I gave up on them after my sales rep annoyed me with her constant messaging and inability to tell me what sizes they had. I’m not familiar with cushions or elongated cushions so I had to do some background work on my end to figure out what size was equivalent to 1 carat or 1.5 carats since my rep apparently didn’t know. :roll:

It wasn’t fun or exciting like it should be when I’m buying jewelry. The fact that she messaged me out of the blue and told me that the price went up again was really off-putting and the final nail in the coffin. :(2

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't want to say this, but I felt like she feigned ignorance about what the carat equivalent sizes were for the cushions. I know large stones are popular but I was trying to go for something that would face up .66-.75 carats since my finger is small. I recall asking her what size xx was and she turned around and told me, "that's 2 carats, did you want that?" Umm...no...?

My dealings with her just felt very odd and awkward. I am sure she probably meant well, but I didn't trust her opinions so much...

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Anyone know how many CTS 8*9 is? Because I was just quoted $180 for GH

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone know how many CTS 8*9 is? Because I was just quoted $180 for GH

I think it’s about 2.8? I believe 8x7 is 2. I was quoted $117 shipped for IJ in that size, but that was a couple weeks ago. Looks like their prices are rapidly increasing.

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
I got my 8x7 back from the jeweler after setting it in sterling silver setting. :) It definitely matched the setting better than the yellow stone from Tianyu.

BEFORE:
1.jpg 2.jpg

AFTER:
IMG_20190411_172349.jpg IMG_20190411_172406.jpg IMG_20190411_172548.jpg

I had this kind of cut done before by SG and I really like it. I decided to try this new company because it was cheaper and I wanted to see what it looks like. It's not bad for the price. I got DEF color from this company, it looks more like G-H.

If I was going bigger and was putting it in gold or platinum setting, I would feel safer with SG to cut it.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I got my 8x7 back from the jeweler after setting it in sterling silver setting. :) It definitely matched the setting better than the yellow stone from Tianyu.

BEFORE:
1.jpg 2.jpg

AFTER:

I had this kind of cut done before by SG and I really like it. I decided to try this new company because it was cheaper and I wanted to see what it looks like. It's not bad for the price. I got DEF color from this company, it looks more like G-H.

If I was going bigger and was putting it in gold or platinum setting, I would feel safer with SG to cut it.

So pretty, and looks much much better! :kiss2:

jrzgrl1119

Shiny_Rock

BEFORE:
1.jpg 2.jpg

AFTER:

Very pretty! I do think they cut a nice stone. I think they have to learn about running a business.
I dropped my stone off at the jewelers today.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I checked in with Amy, who told me today that my order was ready for shipping. Just waiting on that tracking number now.... (strums fingers on desk....)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results