shape
carat
color
clarity

Elongated antique cushion

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They've upped their prices to $60 per carat. Still the cheapest I've found.
Just to clarify, they don't do rings at all, even solitaire settings? Dammitttttt!

jrzgrl1119

Shiny_Rock
Just to clarify, they don't do rings at all, even solitaire settings? Dammitttttt!
I don't think so. I have stargem mskima a solitaire 14k gold setting for it and the cost is $250. I also ordered a 9x7 and that will be a pendant. That's it for a bit! My husband will kill me if I keep buying jewelry!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
What do you guys think of this cushion? I am curious because East/West Gem company calls this their antique elongated cushion. I see the long thin culet but it doesn’t have the chunky facet pattern. Looks kind of crushed ice in some way but they call it their antique cut

6E509E65-68EB-4858-A2C3-D28E43B28731.png
This one too. Someone posted it on Reddit from Yasmine Co. and it is their elongated brilliant cut. I thought it was a diamond at first. Doesn’t look like the typical splintery brilliant cut. Just curious....

9C7D57E4-A972-4C45-B0EF-34D78B524955.jpeg

I was reading back through this thread and the Yasmine Co cushion made me think of a ring I saw over on WB. It’s a pear, but it was Gerry the Jewelers own brand of Moissanite. I thought it was a diamond too! I tried stalking his IG to see if I could figure out what Chinese company he was getting it from but didn’t have much luck, lol. I didn’t know where else to post this, so apologies for it not being a cushion, but if anyone is interested I’m sure he could have one custom cut!

186F8FCB-A849-4C20-B098-09D413076F05.jpeg E0BAC127-A12F-4CA4-A4E3-92C50C2CE505.jpeg 6955C1D2-2E91-4BF5-A9C0-729109CE44C7.jpeg 4286F820-D485-494E-ABCD-E62A01A94145.jpeg 375648B8-8CE4-4D83-AD78-158679872C3A.jpeg

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am THISCLOSE to ordering!
Just waiting to hear back if the round she quotes was a OEC or modern. I really want an OEC for my mom's engagement ring setting. Her original stone was put into a bezel necklace for me years ago, I don't regret the change, because I wear it all the time, but that setting is so lonely sitting empty in my jewelry box! This will be a 6.5mm stone, because I know that will fit.
And I have to decide whether I want the 1ct or 1.25 ct elongate cushion for my original setting. Oh! the panic of making a choice. I have to change the head, so size doesn't matter there, just what I want to decide. Hmmmm. I hate making decisions like this...

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, I pulled the plug, so to speak last night. Got the link for payment this morning and now I'm having trouble with our credit card. I'm thinking that the cc company is denying it, based on the location of the business? I'm waiting until hubby gets home to hear his opinion. I'd rather use the cc, because the service fee is smaller.

jrzgrl1119

Shiny_Rock
Ugh, I pulled the plug, so to speak last night. Got the link for payment this morning and now I'm having trouble with our credit card. I'm thinking that the cc company is denying it, based on the location of the business? I'm waiting until hubby gets home to hear his opinion. I'd rather use the cc, because the service fee is smaller.

Are you paying through Alibaba? When I paid for my rings that Provence gems made I paid through Alibaba and I had the hardest time! I ended up paying through my band account because my cards were denied for an entire week! I was an issue with Alibaba because my bank was not denying the charge.

I would pay with PayPal

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
They've upped their prices to $60 per carat. Still the cheapest I've found.

I decided to go for it too. I did the same with DEF 7X8 ACC one. I love the rounded corners and the maltese cross. I thought since the price was still fairly good, might as well try it out. I need to try and get better pictures later:) It's still in the case because the black cushion thingy is kind of warped so I didn't want to risk it falling out.

ACC.jpg

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
I am THISCLOSE to ordering!
Just waiting to hear back if the round she quotes was a OEC or modern. I really want an OEC for my mom's engagement ring setting. Her original stone was put into a bezel necklace for me years ago, I don't regret the change, because I wear it all the time, but that setting is so lonely sitting empty in my jewelry box! This will be a 6.5mm stone, because I know that will fit.
And I have to decide whether I want the 1ct or 1.25 ct elongate cushion for my original setting. Oh! the panic of making a choice. I have to change the head, so size doesn't matter there, just what I want to decide. Hmmmm. I hate making decisions like this...

Did she send you any pics for the OEC? I'm curious to see what their OEC and normal cut looks like.

I got the invoice and paid through PayPal. Are you going through PayPal or a different way of paying?

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you paying through Alibaba? When I paid for my rings that Provence gems made I paid through Alibaba and I had the hardest time! I ended up paying through my band account because my cards were denied for an entire week! I was an issue with Alibaba because my bank was not denying the charge.

I would pay with PayPal

I'm not seeing PayPal as an option.

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
I'm not seeing PayPal as an option.

You have to talk to the sales rep about what you want. she'll give you the quote. you agree on it. then you tell her your paypal address and she'll send you a request for money. then you pay.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have to talk to the sales rep about what you want. she'll give you the quote. you agree on it. then you tell her your paypal address and she'll send you a request for money. then you pay.

Just before seeing this, I messaged her and asked about a PayPal option. Thanks for the info!

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I messaged this company so I could get a quote on a cushion. They are extremely aggressive to make a sale, at least the girl who helped me. :shock:

I'm still trying to decide what size I would like and if cushions work for me but yikes, let me think about it. :lol-2:

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Super bummed that they don't sell rings, although I understand that Alibaba is mostly set up for distributors, not so much individual customers. I would love to buy this French Cut CZ eternity band that they carry:

Eternity-Love-Forever-Gemstone-Band-Ring.jpg

Speaking of which, I got another email from the same rep last night asking if I had any questions. :shock: I am almost afraid to ask how much shipping will be. :lol:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Super bummed that they don't sell rings, although I understand that Alibaba is mostly set up for distributors, not so much individual customers. I would love to buy this French Cut CZ eternity band that they carry:

Eternity-Love-Forever-Gemstone-Band-Ring.jpg

Speaking of which, I got another email from the same rep last night asking if I had any questions. :shock: I am almost afraid to ask how much shipping will be. :lol:

I didn’t have this issue with them, but Provence basically stalked me until I just had to delete the convo and stop responding.

Zenny is who quoted me on the ACC, and the stone was $141 and with shipping and fees it came to $174.60. That should at least give you a ballpark. Hope this helps! I don’t blame you for not wanting to reinitiate the conversation!

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I didn’t have this issue with them, but Provence basically stalked me until I just had to delete the convo and stop responding.

Zenny is who quoted me on the ACC, and the stone was $141 and with shipping and fees it came to $174.60. That should at least give you a ballpark. Hope this helps! I don’t blame you for not wanting to reinitiate the conversation!
Aww, thank you for this! I really appreciate it and yes, this is helpful! I don't think some of these sales reps realize that when they're aggressive I get anxious and don't want to buy. :lol: Like you, Provence would not leave me alone for a while, but I think my sales rep got the hint after a couple declines. :???:

I don't like to name names on here unless already mentioned but my rep was definitely not Zenny. :whistle:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Aww, thank you for this! I really appreciate it and yes, this is helpful! I don't think some of these sales reps realize that when they're aggressive I get anxious and don't want to buy. :lol: Like you, Provence would not leave me alone for a while, but I think my sales rep got the hint after a couple declines. :???:

I don't like to name names on here unless already mentioned but my rep was definitely not Zenny. :whistle:

Well she was awesome and not pushy at all, so I’m happy to recommend her. Even so, I failed etiquette class and I’d probably name names regardless :lol: I’m the type to tell it all, including prices. Oops! I feel like it can be helpful to others, so why not :shifty:

I’m with you though, once a rep keeps pestering me, I lose my motivation to buy too. My Provence rep even said some questionable things trying to convince me to go ahead and buy. Maybe it was the language barrier and that’s why she came across so abrupt, but I was taken aback a bit. Then I just laughed it off. I wasn’t about to be rude, I just explained financially I couldn’t right now. She understood and still messaged me a few more times but I ignored her. :confused2:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_0606~2.jpg it may be a little dirty with fingerprints. My local jeweler will set it into a setting for $50. The price of this stone was much less than other companies. It's very pretty! I really love this cut!

This is gorgeous. I love the lower color of the set stone.

jrzgrl1119

Shiny_Rock
They tell me they don't use PayPal. Not happy about this development :(
They took a PayPal payment from me. Maybe they've changed their payment method recently

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Nope, they should take Paypal. I just asked...which was then followed by a barrage of chat messages by the same rep...which I then promptly ignored. :???:

I will take this as a sign for me not to buy and I'll just admire all your lovely cushions and moissys. :lol:

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
They tell me they don't use PayPal. Not happy about this development :(

That doesn't make sense, because they took PayPal from me too. If they don't to use PayPal then they'll be losing potential customers. Who was your sales rep? Mine was Amy.

I brought a cheaper 3 stone sterling silver ring with 7x8 ACC moissanite as the main stone from Tianyu's ETSY store. The main stone wasn't great. Lackluster and way too yellow. They didn't mentioned the color scale on their ETSY at all, but from their pictures i assumed the stone would be colorless or at least matched in colors with the side stones. Anyway, since I just got the 7x8 from this new company, I took them to a jeweler and asked to switch out the stones. I hope to get the ring back Thursday or Friday with the new ACC in there:) Hope it goes well and looks good. I'll pics pics and or videos once I get them back.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
]That doesn't make sense, because they took PayPal from me too. If they don't to use PayPal then they'll be losing potential customers. Who was your sales rep? Mine was Amy.

It's Flora. Hmmm. @Lucky_Rabbit How long ago did you order your ring? I'd like to ask her more about this. Paypal really would be the simplest way for me to do it. Otherwise, she may lose this sale! (And, I'd really like to go ahead, the delay only makes me crazy as I wonder if I should order a different size/shape/etc)[/QUOTE]

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just looked back at my correspondence with the company. I DID speak with Amy initially. Not sure why I was switched to another rep, maybe just luck of the draw when I started asking about the cushion cut? Anyway, I sent a question to Amy about Paypal. I guess I'll see what she says.

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
]That doesn't make sense, because they took PayPal from me too. If they don't to use PayPal then they'll be losing potential customers. Who was your sales rep? Mine was Amy.

It's Flora. Hmmm. @Lucky_Rabbit How long ago did you order your ring? I'd like to ask her more about this. Paypal really would be the simplest way for me to do it. Otherwise, she may lose this sale! (And, I'd really like to go ahead, the delay only makes me crazy as I wonder if I should order a different size/shape/etc)
[/QUOTE]

Is this the company you're using?
https://zygems.en.alibaba.com

Or are you talking about Flora from Provence Gems, because then we're talking about 2 different companies. I think OP and I got our ACC from that site link.

The ring I order from Tianyu on their ETSY was in the middle of May. I didn't order the ring from this company.

I ordered it from here:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/675787658/tianyu-gems-jewelry-cushion-cut-925?ref=shop_home_active_2

Main stone wasn't great so I'm switching it out with the 7x8 ACC I just got from ZY Gems.

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
I just looked back at my correspondence with the company. I DID speak with Amy initially. Not sure why I was switched to another rep, maybe just luck of the draw when I started asking about the cushion cut? Anyway, I sent a question to Amy about Paypal. I guess I'll see what she says.

Yea, talk to Amy instead and see what she says. She was really nice and helpful.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's the first company/link.
Fingers crossed I hear from Amy soon.
And, fingers crossed you love your new stone!

jrzgrl1119

Shiny_Rock
I had ordered through amy as well. I ordered a 9x7 stone and I received it today. It will be a pendant. My 8x7 stone will be set as a ring. Stars gem just finished the setting and it shipped yesterday! My pendant should be finished next Friday

IMG_20190405_151121~2.jpg IMG_20190405_152250~2.jpg

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
I had ordered through amy as well. I ordered a 9x7 stone and I received it today. It will be a pendant. My 8x7 stone will be set as a ring. Stars gem just finished the setting and it shipped yesterday! My pendant should be finished next Friday

IMG_20190405_151121~2.jpg IMG_20190405_152250~2.jpg

The first picture looks nice:) The 2nd picture looks like it's wonky to the sides. Hopefully it's just the angle.

What's the setting you're putting it in?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results