shape
carat
color
clarity

Blog Elizabeth Taylor's Diamond Heart

bcmacdonald

Staff member
Elizabeth-Taylor-Portrait.png

RightHandRocks published a new blog post.
Elizabeth Taylor by Virgil Apger, costume portrait for "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" in 1958 | Andrew Garth​

Famous for her impressively oversized diamonds and extravagant parures in an array of candy colors, Elizabeth Taylor’s precious gems seem more like something out...

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited by a moderator:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was a very interesting and worthy blog post. I've been scouring the web trying to find the size of this famous heart pendant. No luck. I wonder if anyone has a guess. And I just bought Liz's book too. Thank you.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I lusted after a heart shaped diamond pendant ever since I saw her in this film many years ago.

My piggy bank does not stretch to a mined diamond unfortunately, so a 5ct Moissy will have to do for me for now.

Hopefully, it will be ready this side of 2020.

DK :))

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I lusted after a heart shaped diamond pendant ever since I saw her in this film many years ago.

My piggy bank does not stretch to a mined diamond unfortunately, so a 5ct Moissy will have to do for me for now.

Hopefully, it will be ready this side of 2020.

How big does this pendant look to you? I am guessing 1-2 carat, but maybe I'm totally off.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How big does this pendant look to you? I am guessing 1-2 carat, but maybe I'm totally off.

My guess it is at least 3ct, however, I could be wrong!

I have gone for a 5ct Moissy as I am Plus Size with a chunky neck! Delicate/small pendant does not suit me. And I can't wear it tight high up around my neck.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My guess it is at least 3ct, however, I could be wrong!

I have gone for a 5ct Moissy as I am Plus Size with a chunky neck! Delicate/small pendant does not suit me. And I can't wear it tight high up around my neck.

Thanks, and Congratulations @dk168 !! I bet your pendant will be spectacular!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I've always loved her heart shaped diamond necklace too!

My guess is its in the 3-4 ct range.

When I hold my 2.5 ct diamond up against my throat (same position as the pic) it looks about a carat smaller than hers.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not sure the heart is in the book, maybe she sold it?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did not realise the necklace was her own property with huge sentimental value, like Grace Kelly's ring in High Society.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
I didn’t know I needed a heart shaped diamond pendant... now I do!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just read through Liz’s whole book. Love it. The jewelry is amazing. Thanks for picking such a worthy collector for this blog post. I can’t wait to spend more hours ogling the jewelry pics.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was a great read!! And a story I hadn’t known anything about! @LLJsmom shared a few excerpts from her book and now I rather want to buy it myself. She was such an interesting and multifaceted woman, and her jewellery - words fail :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've always loved her heart shaped diamond necklace too!

My guess is its in the 3-4 ct range.

When I hold my 2.5 ct diamond up against my throat (same position as the pic) it looks about a carat smaller than hers.

I’m feeling like I need a bigger solitaire pendant... I’m obsessed with her jewelry collection, her previous one as I’m sure they’ve all found new homes now.

This is how much her pieces sold for. $116MMThese were in her book!
It would been amazing to be there.
For people who have seen the book, rank your three favorite pieces. Mine are
1. That Cartier ruby and diamond parure from Mike Todd. (Did I use that word correctly @yssie?).
2. Her Tiara made from old cuts also from Mike Todd.
3. Her Krupp diamond from Richard Burton.
4. The VCA daisy choker also deserves an honorable mention.

Last edited:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The tiara, the pearl as it has a lot of history associated with it, and the heart pendant.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results