shape
carat
color
clarity

Elaborate to simple or Simple to Elaborate???

For those who remade their orignial ER

• Elaborate (busy) to Simple

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Simple to Elaborate (busy)

• Neither

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
For those who did remakes of your original ER.

Elaborate (busy) to Simple

Simple to Elaborate (busy)

Nether

Please post pictures of your before and after if you have them. Thanks!!
emsmiled.gif

I dont have pictures but I went from a very elaborate Leon Mege micropave dazzler to a very pared down (semi-solitaire) ring with slim side stones. The original ring (while stunning) started getting on my nerves. Too glittery....

here is my ring after it became simple....sorry its dirty and smudgy

phpN5jXThAM.jpg

bgray, that is gorgeous. Who did the remake for you? I am thinking of doing the same thing. I have a very (busy) ring now, and as I get older I think the more simpler rings are much more elegant.

Brian Gavin-oh and yes same here: I think it is an age and taste thing.

bgray, that is gorgeous!!!! How did I miss it before? I love the diamonds, and the setting and tiny millgrain give it the perfect look
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Date: 3/17/2010 9:16:27 AM
Author: bgray
*THUD*

That is amazingly gorgeous
30.gif

What an interesting poll this will be!

Mine's not really a "remake" as it is a "entirely new make". I never had an e-ring but am going from a fairly simple wedding ring....to a simple e-ring and wedding ring set. I attached a picture of my current wedding ring on top of my husband's wedding ring. Not the clearest image of mine unfortunately but I don't have many clear images of it!

No pics of the new setting yet as it is not made yet, but it will be a Brian Gavin Truth head with a scattered diamond shank and matching scattered band. I briefly considered going elaborate, and then realized I would probably not be happy with it once the shine wore off.

Resized Flower and Ring.jpg

OMG - Your ring is gorgeous !! I checked to see if there was a thread but didn''t find anything. Please, please, please give us some pics in SMTR.

I chose neither
1.gif
Through all of my resets, I think I''ve always kept it simple- solitaires, three stones. Probably the most elabroate was the halo I had temporarily. But even the halo was pretty simple- just diamonds, no engraving or scroll work, etc.

bgray...I''ve never seen your ring before...lovely!

Yes, I too have gone simple to simple. I feared what you describe, that the busy would not appeal to me.

I think that you can easily change out the head on your e-ring and put a different shaped colored stone in there for a right hand ring, then you can reset your marquise however you like! And nothing is wasted!

tyty333....your avitar looks to be a marquise? is it? And if so, do you have pics?

Date: 3/17/2010 12:11:03 PM
Author: Taylorbug!
tyty333....your avitar looks to be a marquise? is it? And if so, do you have pics?
I think her ring is a Pear? It is lovely, isn''t it?

Simple to simple.

Simple (colored stone in clean, low-set modern setting) to fancy (diamond in tall, elaborate halo) and now I''m "thinking" about going back to simple. The halo is a bit too fancy for my day-to-day life.

I''ve done both! I went from a simple solitaire to a halo, to a shared prong setting and now back to a solitaire. It took me 3 years to realize I am a solitaire girl!

I voted ''neither''. I went from a princess solitaire to an RB solitaire. So, I am a ''simple'' girl.

I voted neither...

Went from simple to simple I think...

I guess I view ''elaborate'' as something with side stones or lots of pave, etc., does that make sense?

I guess everyone might have a different definition in their mind about what "elaborate" means?

I went from 6 prong to bezel...no side stones, no engraving, etc., so simple to simple.

Date: 3/17/2010 9:13:35 AM
I dont have pictures but I went from a very elaborate Leon Mege micropave dazzler to a very pared down (semi-solitaire) ring with slim side stones. The original ring (while stunning) started getting on my nerves. Too glittery....
Ditto!! I went from a split shank pave setting to a simple solitaire using the same centre stone (sorry no pics of the split shank) . It started to look more like a cocktail ring than an ering and yes - it really started getting on my nerves. There's no going back for me as I love my solitaire.

By the way, my ering has been valued as worth more as a solitaire than in the other setting

Date: 3/23/2010 8:01:52 AM
Author: chiquitapet
I voted ''neither''. I went from a princess solitaire to an RB solitaire. So, I am a ''simple'' girl.
You may be simple but you have exquisite taste
2.gif

Simple to elaborate. I am just not a solitaire girl.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP