shape
carat
color
clarity

Elaborate to simple or Simple to Elaborate???

For those who remade their orignial ER

• Elaborate (busy) to Simple

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Simple to Elaborate (busy)

• Neither

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
For those who did remakes of your original ER.

Elaborate (busy) to Simple

Simple to Elaborate (busy)

Nether

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Please post pictures of your before and after if you have them. Thanks!!
emsmiled.gif

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
I dont have pictures but I went from a very elaborate Leon Mege micropave dazzler to a very pared down (semi-solitaire) ring with slim side stones. The original ring (while stunning) started getting on my nerves. Too glittery....

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
here is my ring after it became simple....sorry its dirty and smudgy

phpN5jXThAM.jpg

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
bgray, that is gorgeous. Who did the remake for you? I am thinking of doing the same thing. I have a very (busy) ring now, and as I get older I think the more simpler rings are much more elegant.

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
Brian Gavin-oh and yes same here: I think it is an age and taste thing.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
bgray, that is gorgeous!!!! How did I miss it before? I love the diamonds, and the setting and tiny millgrain give it the perfect look
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/17/2010 9:16:27 AM
Author: bgray
*THUD*

That is amazingly gorgeous
30.gif

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
What an interesting poll this will be!

Mine's not really a "remake" as it is a "entirely new make". I never had an e-ring but am going from a fairly simple wedding ring....to a simple e-ring and wedding ring set. I attached a picture of my current wedding ring on top of my husband's wedding ring. Not the clearest image of mine unfortunately but I don't have many clear images of it!

No pics of the new setting yet as it is not made yet, but it will be a Brian Gavin Truth head with a scattered diamond shank and matching scattered band. I briefly considered going elaborate, and then realized I would probably not be happy with it once the shine wore off.

Resized Flower and Ring.jpg

blingmyring

Shiny_Rock
OMG - Your ring is gorgeous !! I checked to see if there was a thread but didn''t find anything. Please, please, please give us some pics in SMTR.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I chose neither
1.gif
Through all of my resets, I think I''ve always kept it simple- solitaires, three stones. Probably the most elabroate was the halo I had temporarily. But even the halo was pretty simple- just diamonds, no engraving or scroll work, etc.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bgray...I''ve never seen your ring before...lovely!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, I too have gone simple to simple. I feared what you describe, that the busy would not appeal to me.

I think that you can easily change out the head on your e-ring and put a different shaped colored stone in there for a right hand ring, then you can reset your marquise however you like! And nothing is wasted!

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
tyty333....your avitar looks to be a marquise? is it? And if so, do you have pics?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2010 12:11:03 PM
Author: Taylorbug!
tyty333....your avitar looks to be a marquise? is it? And if so, do you have pics?
I think her ring is a Pear? It is lovely, isn''t it?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simple to simple.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Simple (colored stone in clean, low-set modern setting) to fancy (diamond in tall, elaborate halo) and now I''m "thinking" about going back to simple. The halo is a bit too fancy for my day-to-day life.

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve done both! I went from a simple solitaire to a halo, to a shared prong setting and now back to a solitaire. It took me 3 years to realize I am a solitaire girl!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
I voted ''neither''. I went from a princess solitaire to an RB solitaire. So, I am a ''simple'' girl.

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
I voted neither...

Went from simple to simple I think...

I guess I view ''elaborate'' as something with side stones or lots of pave, etc., does that make sense?

I guess everyone might have a different definition in their mind about what "elaborate" means?

I went from 6 prong to bezel...no side stones, no engraving, etc., so simple to simple.

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/17/2010 9:13:35 AM
I dont have pictures but I went from a very elaborate Leon Mege micropave dazzler to a very pared down (semi-solitaire) ring with slim side stones. The original ring (while stunning) started getting on my nerves. Too glittery....
Ditto!! I went from a split shank pave setting to a simple solitaire using the same centre stone (sorry no pics of the split shank) . It started to look more like a cocktail ring than an ering and yes - it really started getting on my nerves. There's no going back for me as I love my solitaire.

By the way, my ering has been valued as worth more as a solitaire than in the other setting

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 8:01:52 AM
Author: chiquitapet
I voted ''neither''. I went from a princess solitaire to an RB solitaire. So, I am a ''simple'' girl.
You may be simple but you have exquisite taste
2.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simple to elaborate. I am just not a solitaire girl.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results