shape
carat
color
clarity

EightStars

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Looking

Rough_Rock
Are eightstar diamonds always considered ideal cuts, or are there variations within the eightstars. In other words, if one buys an eightstar are they guaranteed a super ideal cut which would rate excellent on the cut advisor?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Looking,All Eightstar's diamonds I tried scored excelent on the HCA.They all are super ideal from the point of view of light return and optical symmetry despite that sometimes Eightstar diamonds don't have GIA Excellent symmetry and polish or have crown angle outside of AGS0 grade.

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
You aksed several questions in one
smile.gif
Not every eightstar meets the ideal external measurements, but most do. I have never seen one that didn't, but they say there have been a couple.Every eightstar will meet the perfect optical symmetry. This is what they cut for and they are the only diamond that does this every time.Yes, you are buying a super ideal! I have seen nothing but very fine scores on the HCA. Most I have put through have been from .6 to 1.1 although I have heard of some being in the 1.4-1.6 range.Here are some other interesting things, and you may want to visit the eightstar web site for some other details, or I would be happy to answer them you you like.
_______________________________Questions asked by Betty Lian-Huey at American Gem Society Conclave, New Orleans: April 9, 1999
Dr Ilene Reinitz of the research team of Gemological Institute of America is being asked the questions
Q: What is it that makes one ideal cut diamond so right Ð arrows under the FireScope Ð and another ideal cut with similar proportions not?
R: The FireScope looks at several things. It both looks at the proportion and the exact symmetry of the diamond. If a diamond has one of the common 8 symmetry faults, the table and the girdle are not exactly parallel, or the girdle is not a plane, if it is askew, the FireScope images will be disturbed. And if there is a lack of bonding between crown and pavilion facets, the FireScope will show a distorted image. That is true regardless of the proportion.
Q: So what you are saying is that the FireScope is basically a very important tool for todays diamond cutting industry.
R: Yeah! The FireScope is a very interesting tool because it lets you see aspects of the optical proportion of the diamond. Very similar to our diffused lighting conditions. It lets you see brilliance and less of the other aspects.
Q: With this you are in fact saying that the EightStar is a better cut?
R: Well, as we noted in the paper , EightStar diamonds have PHENOMENAL symmetry. we have magnificent symmetry. We have the perfect symmetry since it is a computer model. They actually cut, I would say, the best real approximation of the symmetry that I have ever seen.
Transcript of Dr. Reinitz, GIA at AGS Conclave 99
www.demsjewelers.com
www.eightstar.com

zeropts

Rough_Rock
Hey Looking,My boyfriend (soon to be fiancee) and I are looking and saw eightstars, superbcert, AGS000, Hearts On Fire in our recent search.After much anticipation, we finally saw Eightstars this past weekend.This is one consumer's experience, so take it with a grain of salt:The diamonds were beautiful. They did show a lot of color. However, to our less well trained, consumer eyes, the AGS000 was just as beautiful.After some discussion, we are probably not going with an Eightstar because:1. We will not be walking around with a microscope, firescope, etc. On the outset, it looks very similar to us on the "nake eye" level between two well cut stones. Both were "sparkly" and "brilliant"2. The price difference was just too much. We are grad students (MBA and architecture) but even if we weren't I think that a 110% high price (the 2 diamonds shown were comparable in clarity, color and caret) was too much for us3. The external cuts are not ideal, but Eightstars are cut on returning maximum light, so it's ideal in that way. Huge factor for us, but saw similar results in other superidealsIn the end, I do think that the price shut us out of the market. I know they lowered the price now, but I hate to think how much more it was before. It was beautiful, but for us, it was a choice we didn't think we can make.Best,
Chia-Lin

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
It's even more impressive that Peter Yantzer chose to buy an EightStar for himself and wears it proudly.
smile.gif

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Actually, I was just being silly...you don't like to be adorned with jewelry...why not just be totally unadorned and go without clothing?
wink.gif
You can email me with your analysis
smile.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Lawmax has 10 years-old photo of my daughter and me on a beach
smile.gif
Now she's going to black mail me
redface.gif

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Steve-not you
smile.gif

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wow! I leave for a short period of time and look what this thread has turned to...... yes, please keep your loin cloth on!!------------------
StevL
www.demsjewelers.com
www.eightstar.com

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Zeropts,Thank s for sharing your experience. All you said makes perfect sence. There are different products and it is important to be well informed and decide for yourself

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Leonid-we're posting at the same time again. Don't worry...no blackmail
wink.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Barry,I'm affraid you are breaching the rules of this forum...

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wait! I don't remember you having any photos of me. Where did this come from?I don't ever remember you having a camera any time that I was near.leonid,
This gets better........ the three of youMaybe, just maybe it's time to drop this thread.Oh yea, no can post em here
smile.gif
gemsintro.gif
------------------
StevL
www.demsjewelers.com
www.eightstar.com

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
LOL-I've got this photo of you...oh, never mind.
smile.gif

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Well Leonid, we're just grateful that you wear clothing!
biggrin.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hey Lawmax,I'm even more proud not to wear any diamonds nor any other type of jewelry
tongue.gif

Looking

Rough_Rock
Once again thank you all for your responses. I will have the opportunity to personally look at eightstars next month.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry Steve...if I showed you that one of Leonid, I'd have to show him an interesting one I have of you!
smile.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
This is the only good case that one cannot upload pictures here

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Your secrets are safe with me gentlemen.
smile.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
No. I don't trust you anymore
tongue.gif
Btw, the pictures with my daugter and Garry this winter should be ready soon. I finaly finished the film.
smile.gif

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
I've lost your trust forever, huh?
crying.gif
Ok, I'll disappear.
burnout.gif
Ski pics? Oh good.

barry

Shiny_Rock
Looking;Leonid is giving you good advice.Make an effort to compare Super-Ideal H&A
cuts.The effort will be worthwhile.Barry www.superbcert.com ------------------
barry

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Looking, good luck and keep us posting. Try to see and compare different diamonds including other ideal and H&A diamonds side by side.Lawmax... hmm... there is somthing Freudian in your last post. I have to analyze this.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results