shape
carat
color
clarity

"Eightern"ally A.Jaffe!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
Avantika,
I''m so happy to see the photos of the ring. It''s even more amazing than you described!! The stone is gorgeous, and the setting suits your pretty hand to a "T."
36.gif
36.gif

Belle, thanks for posting the photos for us all to see
21.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous!
30.gif
I love the setting, especially the profile! I really like the curvature of the prongs!
3.gif
Congrats!
1.gif

dtexan

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone!

Thank you all for the compliments. It''s very sweet of you. About the hand modeling, i''m not quite sure what/how one does this :)

Ilovebling- There is a matching wedding band that goes with this ring. I''ll post the photo of that once i get it.

Thanks again.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Good gosh! I''m in love with that setting! Not only that but you have beautiful nails. What do you do to get them to grow so beautifully?????? I must know your secret! And pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease don''t say it''s just natural
39.gif

dtexan

Rough_Rock
Diamonds4me

It''s natural
2.gif

lol. Seriously though i have really long nail beds(that''s why i don''t grow my nails very long) and i don''t really do anything to them except an "american" manicure whenever i get a chance. The french just doesn''t last more than a day without chipping on natural nails. The american, which looks more natural lasts about 3 days. Needless to say i just had my nails done in the photos. Sigh, the burden of a new ring is that you have to keep your nails/hands looking nice because they are noticed more.

Thank you.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
congrats,
36.gif
36.gif
that sure is a beautiful ring
10.gif
30.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/22/2005 5:22:38 PM
Author: Avantika
Diamonds4me

It''s natural
2.gif

lol. Seriously though i have really long nail beds(that''s why i don''t grow my nails very long) and i don''t really do anything to them except an ''american'' manicure whenever i get a chance. The french just doesn''t last more than a day without chipping on natural nails. The american, which looks more natural lasts about 3 days. Needless to say i just had my nails done in the photos. Sigh, the burden of a new ring is that you have to keep your nails/hands looking nice because they are noticed more.

Thank you.
Awwwwwwww...my heart is broken!
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
Hehe. Seriously, you have beautiful hands. You could easily be a hand model
2.gif
I have very short nail beds and soft bendable nails...Thanks Mom! But I''ve found that O.P.I''s Nail Envy is the best stuff on the planet..for me anyway. Makes them super hard and gives them a little curve instead of table top flat
40.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! The ring is spectacular!!! ... and the first Eighternity in flesh aroud here too
2.gif

May I ask what is the ring size ? It looks tiny allright - or the diamond is just allot larger than the usual 2 carats! hard to tell from pics
38.gif

Stargazer

Rough_Rock
Avantika, you lucky lady-that is absolutely gorgeous. Love the stone and the setting is beautiful, I like the fact that its so delicate from the top, yet so organic (is that how you spell it!) and purposeful from the side.

(I''ve always fancied a 1-1.25ct pear,I wonder if it would adapt well)

Is it comfortable and stable to wear? I noticed the squared shape at the bottom, does that help or is it just a design element?

Congratulations....its amazing
36.gif

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Wow!
3.gif

The hand shots are great!
It''s so white and bright I love it!
36.gif

dtexan

Rough_Rock
Valeria-

The Eighternity stones are really pretty (i own a set of studs that match). They are very sparkly. My ring size isn''t really that small, it''s 5.25. I think the stone looks really big in the photos otherwise it looks like a normal size for a 2ct. Just the other day i happened to see a 4 ct rb. It was BIG! It covered my entire finger but i''m not sure if i liked an rb in that size that much. My ring in these photos almost reminds me of that stone but in reality it''s not so big.

Stargazer -

I''m not sure if they accomodate it for a pear. I know they do for a princess because i originally was looking at them and had asked. But after much(too much)reading on ps i opted for the rb.

Yeah it''s very comfortable to wear. But it seems a little loose at different times of the day. The jeweler told me that in the summer it will be more tight but currently it does move around a bit. I''m not quite sure what to do about it. One thing i was told is that you can''t size these rings , they just have to be remade. I was told the square shank is supposed to help it stay in place and not spin. Since it''s a little on the loose side i''m not sure if it''s helping.
1.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
avantika, definitely wait until after the summer heat to decide what to do, if anything, about the size. it may be a little irritating to have it spin, but you don''t want to have a ring that is much too tight for most of the year.
3.gif
it is soooo very beautiful!!!

dtexan

Rough_Rock
Hi Belle,

The jeweler said the same thing to me. So should i still order the same size for the band or should i go size down? He says normally people go up in size, i don''t think i should do that because it''s more than loose enough right now. I guess i would order it same size as the ring. What do most of you do? Same or different size as the ring?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i ordered the same size because my e-ring was loose enough, spun etc...and then when i had both rings on, they instantly became too tight.

8 months later i took them in to have them both resized up 1/4 and i love them now..much better and more like the e-ring by itself in terms of feel.

after i had ordered and gotten the wed band and found they were too tight, i found out alot of people did one slightly bigger than the other. 20/20 hindsight!

oh and in terms of hands, lovely! you have long nailbeds, mine are just the opposite, short! i have one longer one, my left side index which i love, but the rest just suck! lucky you.
2.gif

dtexan

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/23/2005 6:25:17 PM
Author: Mara
i ordered the same size because my e-ring was loose enough, spun etc...and then when i had both rings on, they instantly became too tight.

2.gif

Oh Mara! Do you mean it was loose first and it felt much tighter once you got the band that you had to re-size it? And it wasn''t due to the season or anything? I''m so confused as what to do! Even my ring currently is loose enough and spins around occasionally so i didn''t think i had to go a size up for the band. Hmmmm i''m not sure what i should do.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/23/2005 6:50:26 PM

Even my ring currently is loose enough and spins around occasionally so i didn''t think i had to go a size up for the band. Hmmmm i''m not sure what i should do.
It should be feasible to put on a jeweler''s ring sizer next to your ring - that should give the right idea, IMO. Besides, you can buy a sizer yourself, play a bit and hand down to the jeweler the right sizer ring. They''ll know what to do
38.gif

Just an idea...

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Avantika...your ring is beautiful (as well as your lovely hands!)!!!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2005 6:50:26 PM

Date: 2/23/2005 6:25:17 PM
Author: Mara

2.gif

Oh Mara! Do you mean it was loose first and it felt much tighter once you got the band that you had to re-size it? And it wasn''t due to the season or anything? I''m so confused as what to do! Even my ring currently is loose enough and spins around occasionally so i didn''t think i had to go a size up for the band. Hmmmm i''m not sure what i should do.
My e-ring was loose enough to spin sometimes and move easily around my finger, and then once we got married, it felt like the rnigs together were tight. We were in Hawaii when we got married, and then Tahiti so I figuerd the humidity was making my hands swell (I could barely get the rings off!), but then when we came home, they never went to being as loose together as my original e-ring was by itself.

It went on for months like this, I thought maybe my fingers had gained weight, but then I read that others had sized items up 1/4 and that helped with this same very issue. I was concerned since my rings were eternity, thinking that it wouldn''t be possible and I was screwed, but then found out you could stretch the settings slightly, about 1/4 size and have them still be safe (supposedly).

So I thought about it for a bit, and the last straw was when the knuckle skin on my ring finger split AGAIN for the 3rd time from my rings being dragged over it repeatedly daily and scratching the skin because they were so tight. The knuckle took about 2 weeks to heal and at that point I just decided to get both rings sized up and see what that was like.

What a breath of fresh air, I love my rings again. Before they would leave faint marks on my fingers when I took them off...I hated that! They are loose enough to spin (which I prefer actually) again and so much easier to get on and off. I was a bit paranoid when I first got the sizing done that I''d gone too far and they were too loose, but my knuckles are a bit bigger than my finger area so I think it''s actually just right. Hopefully anyway...

So my two cents is to definitely get the w-ring a tiny bit bigger, though it''s probably harder to size an eternity ring down than up, so maybe you want to start out smaller and then do the stretching like I did if you require more space?

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Wow!! That is such a beautiful ring! I showed it to my boyfriend and he even said it was beautiful! Congrats !

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful ring. I especially love the organic feel of the twisted prongs and the way they allow you to see as much of the diamond as possible.

I think that the way rings sit on a person''s fingers is a very idividual experience. It all depends on so many factors - the shape, length and size of your finger and knuckle, the width of your rings, how many rings you wear together on one finger, whether or not your finger fluctuates in response to temperature, humidity or changes in your weight! Some prefer their rings slightly loose, others like them snug fitting.

I think that this is something you''ll need to work out to suit yourself, but, like the others, I look forward to seeing the whole set when you get it.

Congratulations.
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results