shape
carat
color
clarity

EGL ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gail013

Shiny_Rock
I knowthere has been enough written about EGL vs GIA but I was surprised to find out today that WF will not honor their upgrade policy on a EGL purchase. Is that common-does anyone know? As a fairly new PS''er I have been all over these boards looking for info, and I can say, I am still thoroughly confused about the different grading systems. I know alot of B & M stores sell EGL, and some of them look just fine.

How many of you have bought EGL at online vendors?

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have an EGL USA stone, and while it was not purchased online, I am quite happy with it. It is gorgeous and checked out exactly as stated on the report.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/24/2006 12:32:08 PM
Author:gail013
I knowthere has been enough written about EGL vs GIA but I was surprised to find out today that WF will not honor their upgrade policy on a EGL purchase. Is that common-does anyone know? As a fairly new PS'er I have been all over these boards looking for info, and I can say, I am still thoroughly confused about the different grading systems. I know alot of B & M stores sell EGL, and some of them look just fine.

How many of you have bought EGL at online vendors?

Hi Gail,

We only stock AGS and GIA graded diamonds, and our trade-up policy applies to any AGS or GIA graded diamonds we sell (explained on the policy page). We don't stock EGL-graded diamonds, but if someone really wants one we may source it for them with restrictions like no trade-up, depending on its particulars.

It's important to explain that this has to do with re-sale-ability on the internet, not because an EGL-graded diamond can’t be beautiful: Most people shopping on the 'net seek AGS or GIA documentation. It’s simple reality based on the reputability those labs have rightfully earned. Yes, it's possible to find beautiful diamonds supported by labs other than the ‘big two,' but it is more difficult to sell them sight-unseen. We believe in being open and up-front about this. The thread Regular Guy indicated, above, elaborates.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gail013 wrote: "I was surprised to find out today that WF will not honor their upgrade policy on a EGL purchase."

This is not true, and is not really fair to imply WF is doing anything wrong.

They always DO honor their upgrade policy. (I''ve used it three times.)

If you read the policy it does not apply to EGL stones.

gail013

Shiny_Rock
Kenny-

I am not implying WF is doing ANYTHING wrong. I was just commenting that I was surprised to find this out, and was noting it as an item of interest. I thought these boards were for people finding and seeking info.
28.gif
Being new to this whole diamond thing I have learned alot I never knew, and have read all about the different labs, but never heard it mentioned it could affect my ability to trade up. So if I have offended anyone at WF I am sorry, it certainly wasn''t meant that way. I have been working with Bob over there and he''s been fantastic, as many of you know. I don''t think I would have even considered a EGL if I knew long term when I wanted a new stone, that I couldn''t trade it..

Thanks John for being so diplomatic with your response to me. I didn''t realize that you only sourced the diamonds from EGL. I am having Bob bring in a diamond for me to look at from GIA though-the numbers looked great on it, so I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results