shape
carat
color
clarity

EGL USA 360 Light Performance Report?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Adylon

Shiny_Rock
Anyone have any information on this new report EGL USA is offering? I've searched EGL USA's website and the web, etc and nothing.

The only thing I found was this press release:
http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/ticker/article.aspx?Symbol=US:HOTJ&Feed=PR&Date=20070205&ID=6437883

"In late 2006, EGL USA(TM) introduced scientifically derived light performance measurements in its 360 Diamond Report. By way of this superior technology and the new elements of the 360 Diamond Report, EGL USA(TM) has gone beyond the 4 C's by adding additional diagrams and details to validate the cut, character, and grade as well as a visual quantification of light performance. To allow the consumers to experience the significance of light performance, EGL USA(TM) is confident it will be able to provide retailers point-of-sale light simulators to demonstrate this on-site."

I was told by EGL USA (NEW YORK) 2 weeks ago that they had a combined Diamond Grading - GEMEX report, then I sent in my stone 2 days ago and they just discontinued this report, I was really annoyed because normally I never use EGL-NY and sent it there only for the GEMEX so it was a waste of time/shipping... So I asked, and she said they have their own light performance testing coming out very soon to replace the joint EGLUSA-GEMEX reports they used to issue and the new machine would be coming there on Monday, and my stone will be one of the first ones run :) But I've looked online everywhere, etc and I can't find any more info on these reports so anyhow I'm trying to figure out if anyone else knows about them, or has a copy of a sample report I'd like to see it.

Thank you :)

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I just reduced picture size for Adylon, have no comments.

Adylon_EGL.jpg

Adylon

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your help. If you guys can't read the light performance criteria they are: Brilliance, Contrast, Radiance and Overall. I have no idea what they mean or how they're measured. From what I've been told they'll be available to the trade in 1 month from NY and will be available in 3 months in LA. I wonder what everyone's opinion about EGL-USA's new report is?

:)

Brilliant_Rock
All I know is I could not even get EGL USA to tell me their exact numerical definition of ''egl ideal'' versus ''egl ideal plus''. Sure, it is probably proportion based, but they would never tell me the criteria despite calls (and email) to the LA and NY offices. So, you may not have much luck getting an answer from them on this subject either!

Adylon

Shiny_Rock
Maybe their "Ideal" and "Ideal Plus" had some light performance thing in there they they didn''t disclose to the public? Or maybe their definition of Ideal or Ideal Plus was all just proportion based and they didn''t want people to know their tolerances for Ideal were more loose then others.

I wonder if they will offer this light performance reporting on fancy shapes too, and if so if the baselines of "good" and "excellent" will be moved accordingly for each fancy shape or if it will be compared with the round brilliant on the same scale.

Does anyone know if an AGS0 light performance round brilliant throws the same amount of light as an AGS0 light performance princess cut ? I never thought of that until now, it''s can''t be. So AGS must use a different scale for the two, correct?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, they are different.

Any ideas on the difference between radiance and brilliance?
33.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/14/2007 10:25:04 PM
Author: JulieN
Yes, they are different.

Any ideas on the difference between radiance and brilliance?
33.gif
Radiance is when you are nice to everyone, and brilliance is when you are smarter.
You should know that JulieN

I emailed one of their scientists and hope to help tomorrow

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
my radiance is artificially enhanced by lotion potion and makeup shakeup.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m pasty from the dark California winters.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results