shape
carat
color
clarity

EGL pre certification?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ramon

Rough_Rock
I just got a engagement ring today that I ordered off the internet. I was told it was precertified by EGL ( #19151804 )and I would get a appraisal by a GIA Certified Diamond Grader.

I got a "in house appraisal" and that is fine for my insurance company. I got nothing about EGL precertified. I was thinking it was a mini-cert or something? Can someone please give me some info on what precertified is? What can the precertified #19151804 can be used for? Also should I have got something at the very least from EGL with that # on it? I did not? I really love the stone but really would like to know about the precertified.

I thought it would be best to ask you guys.
Thank you

Dimond info:
Cut:Full cut Round Brilliant
Color: H
Clarity:I1
Weight 1.65
Table: 58%
Depth:59%
Girdle: medium ,faceted

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Precertified EGL stones mean that with the EGL number you can upgrade to a full report on the stone for an additional fee by contacting EGL. I don't know if they will deal directly with you or only with the vendor who they did the earleri pregrade for.

I hope you got what you paid for. That will remain somewhat of an issue. However, since you like the diamond, the real need is satisfied. Good luck!

Ramon

Rough_Rock
Thank for Old Miner :) I contacted the vendor about the EGL report.

I think I got much better than I paid for. For me anyway :love:
The stone has one bad inclusion (fracture?blemish?) right under the girdle on one pavilion facet but you can not see it from the top of the stone. It also has a small carbon spot that I could see under the crown when tilted just right in very low light. The stone looks better then stones I looked at around toun (more fire & brilliance). The inclusions droped the price so much it's very easy for me to look past them.

If anyone has got a precertified diamond certified. Please let me know how it worked out.

Ramon

Rough_Rock
I was just told by the vendor that they are contacting EGL to get me a full report for me no charge. That's great!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results