shape
carat
color
clarity

EEK Pricescope 2.0 is Here!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I'm getting used to the new site already, haven't tried the new features out though.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
kittybean said:
I like having the stickies clearly delineated, and I like to see a lot of topics without excessive scrolling.
That's the first thing I noticed. I think only the stickies should have bold titles, as to differentiate them from the other topics.

Another good thing to do would be to mark those threads that the reader hasn't yet opened as new threads in some way.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure if others pointed this out as well...

But I am pretty sure in the older version whenever someone replied to a topic that topic moved all the up the page - I really liked that, because it made it easy to see if there's anything new, and it keeps the most active conversations top of page.

ETA: oh, I just noticed maybe it DOES do that...but because the stickies blend in with the rest of the page now it's harder to tell...

ETA2: and of course my comments are not meant to offend the mods, or to dismiss their hard work!

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
Sigh, the 2.0 is not Blackberry Pearl friendly so I am going to be viewing and posting a lot less.

I do like the reply format on my computer, but I find the rest of the site hard to scroll and manage. I don't like the forum "home page" as much and I find the width of threads keeps exceeding my screen so I have to scroll sideways.

Sigh. Maybe I will get used to it, but I don't think my Blackberry will!

And I am STILL showing up as a trade person!

sctsbride09

Brilliant_Rock
Well, like others here I hate change with a passion, so far Im not loving the new PS (sorry). The blue is so hard on my eyes, and I agree with others about it looking generic. I hope maybe Im just having an aversion to it because its new. I do like all the extra emoties though.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I could totally understand someone not liking the blue, but I do not understand how it could be "hard" on the eyes.

Perhaps something else is fatiguing like small font size or a screen which you find busy with too much going on, or being annoyed by having to scroll so much now but how can blue, soft blues and grey at that, be "hard" on eyes?

Now, these two images come to mind as what may hurt the eyes.

800px-anomalous-motion-illusion1.png

6a00d8341c858253ef00e54f33f4798833-640wi.jpg

The thing that is annoying me is all of the extra room and space for each post--- totally unnecessary!

I am getting used to the set up now.. and I was able to change my screen name.. :naughty:

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
I don't like the new site, but it is a mixed blessing, because I have better things to do with my time. The colors are so jarring, the space is wasted; it seems more commercialized now. I almost feel like I am in a store and I am expected to buy something. Even now, typing, I am distracted by the jumping little "Pacman-game-like smiley faces" which I keep seeing out of my peripheral vision.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny said:
I could totally understand someone not liking the blue, but I do not understand how it could be "hard" on the eyes.

Perhaps something else is fatiguing like small font size or a screen which you find busy with too much going on, or being annoyed by having to scroll so much now but how can blue, soft blues and grey at that, be "hard" on eyes?

Now, these two images come to mind as what may hurt the eyes.

I actually really like the blue since it blends in great with all of my programs here at work. :tongue:

The font is a bit too small (?), too thin of lines (?), too light of a color (?)......
Something. I don't think it is the blue (since I work in this color stuff all day) but something about the font is more difficult for me to see and does hurt my eyes.

Overall though, I am enjoying 2.0 and I think as all of the bugs get worked out it will be wonderful. Thanks mods and all of the tech people!

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I'm trying to get used to it, but someone just moved my Cheers bar into a big, blue, nondescript building with no windows. Maybe something about the design could be adjusted: maybe some pictures, maybe a different color header.....I can't help it, it's just the designer in me.:ugeek:

Edit: I'm talking about the forum main pages that are all blue. I love the color, maybe there's just too much of it. I do like the emoties though :|

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't mind the general blue theme. I dislike blue font all over the place. As long as posts are in black on white, that's okay.

I'm spending a lot less time here. I will be honest, I detest this new format. I'm actually spending more time on other sites instead. Guess I'm looking for a new home. Oh well. I know, I won't let the door hit me on the way out. I just wonder though, what was broken about the old PS that led the way to this version? So far as I can see there are far more disappointments than actual features. If the goal was to make the site more commercially driven, it's a success. I find it kind of ironic that it now says "consumer advocate site", when clearly the goal is something beyond that.

Why fix what isn't broke? Why not take the same format and rework the banner or add features to it. So we have some more smilies? Bleah. :knockout:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't notice any more area devoted to ads, or pop up ads.

What makes people feel it is more commercial?

CaliSun

Shiny_Rock
Woah! It's been a long time since I've checked into PS !!
I like 2.0 - - It's pretty easy to use. I don't really use all the extra features though...
I'm glad all the old posts are still visible, but I can't see them unless I'm logged in

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CaliSun said:
Woah! It's been a long time since I've checked into PS !!
I like 2.0 - - It's pretty easy to use. I don't really use all the extra features though...
I'm glad all the old posts are still visible, but I can't see them unless I'm logged in

Yes, I don't like that either...we used to be able to browse w/o logging in...

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock

Well, for one thing, I have become a "Trade Person" overnight.
I need to figure out what to sell; I was still a schoolteacher when I went to bed last night. Actually, according to this site, I went to bed
today already. Following the directions on how to change my timezone doesn't work. I guess the webhosts are so overwhelmed right now that I will just enjoy being a Trade Person for the time being.

Edited to add: The "quote/quote" words above were supposed to be quoting Kenny, who said something similar to , "What makes you feel the site is more commercialized now?" Kenny, I apologize if that is not the exact quote, I cannot get the quote command to work anymore. :|

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Actually, so far I have only one complaint - In PS1, I could subscribe to the posts of certain members whose contributions I enjoy or I find helpful. Now, I do get a notification that there is a post AND I get a link, but clicking on the link produces a new screen which tells me that the posts couldn't be found. Surely, not every member has been banned and their posts erased. :-o

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Have the date/time stamps disappered on posts or am I missing them? All I see are the dates that the people joined.

Actually, I can see them in the window below while responding...just not when reading through the thread.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lucyandroger said:
Have the date/time stamps disappered on posts or am I missing them? All I see are the dates that the people joined.

Actually, I can see them in the window below while responding...just not when reading through the thread.

When reading a post, the date & time is at the top of the post in bold right next to the poster's name.

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
TooPatient said:
lucyandroger said:

When reading a post, the date & time is at the top of the post in bold right next to the poster's name.

Thanks, TooPatient!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I'm getting really irritated. I've been on several times since the 2.0 came up expecting that I would come to get used to the site. I understand that there are bound to be glitches and I in no way blame the mods or anyone else for my experiences, but I've had enough. I feel terrible posting that because I can't imagine how hard everyone is working behind the scenes to make PS a better place. But I feel like I'm lost and I just want to go home! I just hit 5000 posts the other day and I've loved PS since I joined. This new and improved place is so off-putting.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Are a lot of the older threads gone? I've tried searching for a few things now and the threads will pop up in the search box, but when I clink on the links, it says "PAGE NOT FOUND."

Is this happening to anyone else? It isn't an issue of being logged in- I checked, and I am.

It'd be a huge bummer to lose so many helpful topics.

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
I don't really have an opinion yet, however, I have noticed that I find myself less inclined to come on here....almost like it is a chore instead of fun, like it used to be. I feel like everything is all jumbled up and difficult to find. Hopefully once the quirks are worked out, it will get better.

Good job, though. You can definitely see all the hard work and thought that went into trying to make it better!

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
E B said:
Are a lot of the older threads gone? I've tried searching for a few things now and the threads will pop up in the search box, but when I clink on the links, it says "PAGE NOT FOUND."

Is this happening to anyone else? It isn't an issue of being logged in- I checked, and I am.

It'd be a huge bummer to lose so many helpful topics.

They are not lost EB do not worry. Just a problem with the search right now. Andrey is working on it many hours a day to fix.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results