shape
carat
color
clarity

EEK Pricescope 2.0 is Here!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ella, no worries; thanks for all the work.

I'm just grateful for such a great place to hang out, and people to hang out with.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I am very slow to change...that being said, I'm sure in time I will get used to this.

For example, I told my hubby that I don't need a DVR in the bedroom. I can record on my VHS. As soon as I learned how to program the DVR in the main room....hubby was right. I love my DVR!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't like it at all. Way too much blue. Blue is very hard for some people to read. Anyone with eyesight problems will have trouble with the blue everywhere. I don't feel like we've gained anything, but we've lost some functions that we used to have, so that's disappointing. Being able to have "View All Posts by Author" and "View all Topics by Author" was something I used constantly. There was much discussion about PM's and it was happening in the previous V2, and now nothing, no explanation. I guess all those people who voiced their upcoming decisions to opt out got their way? It's harder to find the forums which should be alphabetized at least so there is *some* sense to the listings. Having to skip over from one column to the next fails 2 times out of 3 for me. Needs more grey, and a lot less scrolling. :knockout:

The new banner at the top is nice.

ETA: Also, I really dislike the "Online/Offline" indicator. This is not Messenger/MSN, and you can't PM me or contact me anyway. It's just more clutter. Yes I'm grouchy. It's 900 degrees here right now! :evil:

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
hmmm, not liking the blue either. And it looks really weird on my dad's HUGE montior (I'll see how it looks on my laptop when I get home), but right now there's a thin line of pricescope in the middle and about 6 inches of dead space to either side. Honestly, it looks like a spam type site insteade of a consumer site.

Alli

Rough_Rock
NOT a fan!!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I hate the scrolling. I also don't like when you go to a forum and the stickies look the same as the topics because they are the same color. I know it's a change and we probably won't be complaining in a month.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
SomethingShiny:
I wonder if the different colours is anything to do with the different teams that we will be on... (Look at the manage groups section of yoru profile....)

I hope it is something and nothing. Who wants to be in an 'unpopular team'?

So This is Day 2, PS2 and I feel more used to it. Time cures all they say :rodent:

BTW: Any clue when you would use these icons? :arrow: :!: :?: :idea: They look like mutant eggs :naughty: .

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Now, that was surprising! I haven't been around in a week or so and today I open PS and I'm all :confused:
It's weird to me and still really confusing. I guess I'll get used to it.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
SS, I don't see anyone with different color names...did you list friends? If so, maybe it highlights your friends' names?

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I like it better than I thought I would. Thank you, Pricescope. :saint:

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, PS team!

So far, I have the same complaints but I like it so far. I'm just glad that posts won't be deleted anymore. This is the final transition right? All posts are here to stay?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lyra said:
Being able to have "View All Posts by Author" and "View all Topics by Author" was something I used constantly.

I used this feature all the time too. Ella, is this going to be available on PS 2.0? Under the user's name?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it but then I really like blue. The only thing that bothers me is that the thread topics are bolded like the stickies. I can't tell the difference between the two and I have a hard time figuring out where the regular threads start.

starshine

Shiny_Rock
I like it so far...it's better than the first 2.0 run...I'm sure it will only get better! =)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No problems posting from my iPhone! I can't say I am a fan of the blue but I like the rest so far. Are we going to know what group we are in? I don't get the group thing.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm on holidays so have only been able to access ps on my iPhone but so far the new ps looks good. I'm another that is glad that pm's weren't brought in and everything else looks fine on my phone. I'll have to see what it looks like on my laptop when I get home. Good job mods!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Laila619 said:
lyra said:
Being able to have "View All Posts by Author" and "View all Topics by Author" was something I used constantly.

I used this feature all the time too. Ella, is this going to be available on PS 2.0? Under the user's name?

I agree with this. I love(d) this feature!

soocool

Ideal_Rock
After spending about 10 minutes on here I have already gotten used to it. Not bad at all!

Sparkalin

Rough_Rock
I've lurked for years and just recently joined. I'm not real good at change either so as for now I liked PS1 better. Too much blue for my old eyes. But like most changes in life, we adapt and continue on. I promise to keep checking in, your site has lots of good to offer even in lurker status. :Up_to_something:

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
RE: the red/blue names, Steal may be right and they may be "team" oriented or something. Skippy, DF, Chrono are all showing in red but most of the rest are currently in blue. Maybe it's a "team leader" thing or something??

I didn't do anything with the friends/foes options so that's not what creating the coding. What would you do with that anyway? It sounds like if you list someone as "foe" you don't even see their post. Even if you don't like a posters opinion, it could make an entire thread hard to follow....

lol about the new emoties :!:

I've noticed that the avatars look like crap now.. really low res... :cry:

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
All the threads look the same, wish those with stickies would be bold... Then I could tell them apart from the other threads. Basically what Catmom said.

I don't mind the blue but then again Blue is my favorite color.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
that_someone_special said:

Yes, I noticed this, too. Mine looks like it faded from going through the wash too many times! Oh, well, it was time for me to change it anyway.

So far I like 2.0. It seems to work better with my Mac in terms of uploading links, which I really like. Much faster than 1.0.

I haven't tried uploading a photo yet, so we'll see how that goes. Did you notice that there is an archive of our posted photos under the My pages tab?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like being able to upload more than one pic, giving it a caption, AND being able to edit all of this after posting, including the position of the pic within the post. :appl:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
AprilBaby said:
No problems posting from my iPhone! I can't say I am a fan of the blue but I like the rest so far. Are we going to know what group we are in? I don't get the group thing.

April, what group thing? I'm not sure what you mean.

sarap333 said:
that_someone_special said:

Yes, I noticed this, too. Mine looks like it faded from going through the wash too many times! Oh, well, it was time for me to change it anyway.

So far I like 2.0. It seems to work better with my Mac in terms of uploading links, which I really like. Much faster than 1.0.

I haven't tried uploading a photo yet, so we'll see how that goes. Did you notice that there is an archive of our posted photos under the My pages tab?

I see I am being quoted as TSS and not SB.. lol :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Test to see how good pics can look here now.
In PS 1.0 PNG files were not allowed and file size max was 100 KB.

This is PNG format (higher res because it is not compressed) which was not allowed on PS 1.0.
File size is a whopping 812 KB. (1.5 MB returned an error message: File too large)

Set to 700 pixels wide.

700PNG.png

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the best res I could post in PS 1.0.

File size 72 KB
Res medium (on iPhoto for Mac)
700 pixels wide

jpg700 medres.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't really see a difference.
Hmm.
Resolution is probably limited by something on PS's end because when I close PS and just open these two pics side by side directly from my hard drive the PNG looks much more clear; it should because it takes up over 10 times the memory.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results