shape
carat
color
clarity

Eeeeek, chills of joy, spinel necklace from HOWJ

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
First, let me thank TL for introducing us all to Tan at Gemburionline and Odysseygem. This set would not be possible without his Mahenge spinels and incredible auctions about a year ago.

Sally has been sitting with these spinels for a long time. Now my sis is getting married, so I felt justified :bigsmile: having this set made. The necklace&earrings has 1+ carat Mahenge spinels, subcarat pinkish red spinels from Gemcal, a few tiny diamonds and a few tiny moonstones (love that stone). Metals are silver and 14k gold.

So this morning, after a postal debacle, I finally got to open the package (my sis is getting married tomorrow). I'm sooooooooo happy. So let's have some pictures now. This is the first.

howjspinel_necklace1.JPG

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Here are the matching earrings, completely in sterling silver. I added some close up pics of the necklace and earrings. The second pear in the necklace, hangs down my back. I love the details in this set. Sally creates magic.

howjspinel_necklace_earrings1.JPG

howjspinel_necklace_closeup.JPG

howjspinel_necklace_earrings_closeup.JPG

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Here are a few shots showing how the set goes with my spinel ring from Janish Jewels. I love how the match is close enough so I can have a complete set of hot pink glittery goodness. There's also a close up of one of the smaller spinels, accented by diamonds. There are also two smaller spinels accented by moonstones with blue sheen, but I couldn't get a good shot of them. These spinels aren't quite as saturated as the mahenges, but not brown either.

howjspinel_necklace_janjewelsring.JPG

howjspinel_necklace_onhand.JPG

howjspinel_necklace_smallspinelaccents_closeup.JPG

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Here are neck shots and ear shots. Sorry about the white balance in the neck shot, the automatic adjustment made it a bit weird. Taken daylight, inside. The necklace lives with my movements, the smaller spinels turn a bit. I'm noticing I like that, because it's so comfy and the backs of the settings are well finished and beautiful in themselves.

I'm so giddy. This is the first complete set I own. I love how it's possible to make something beautiful out of "good enough" materials and create something that really sings. :)) Sally is my favorite designer because she manages to create stuff that I want to wear, that has that elusive quality of personal magic that I look for both in clothes and jewelry.

Thanks for looking everyone!

howjspinel_necklace_neckshot.JPG

howjspinel_necklace_earrings_earshot1.JPG

howjspinel_necklace_earrings_earshot2_cu.JPG

howjspinel_necklace_earrings_earshot2.JPG

T

talamasca

Oh WOW, what a fab project! They look really great, the detailing is especially nice, no wonder you got chills! :love:

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Talamasca, thank you :D I'm doing the happy dance :bigsmile:

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my. You always have such lovely and personalised jewelry. It's a gorgeous set. What a fun project!!!

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely stunning: it all looks so high-end - colourful and classy with such unusual detailing. Sally's work is amazing :appl: I know you will wear this set, separately and together, with so many different types of outfits and different occasions, for years and years! I would love to see more neckshots please. Congratulations! :love:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Sally creates magic, I swear! Gorgeous, just gorgeous suite -- how up-market do you feel, having a "suite?" :)) The stones are super -- I'm impressed that you bought them & did something so lovely with them -- I would never have been able to figure out how to use them. Congratulations! I'm in love with the whole picture.

And how's that for excellence -- she got them to you JUST in time!

--- Laurie

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MT,
That's such a beautiful suite. It is dramatic, yet understated, and very elegant. How lucky you are to have a mahenge suite!!!

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
W :love: W

Amazing MT!

Love Tan

LOVE Sally

Your sister is very lucky!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous necklace!!!!!!! I love how it sits on your neckline! Sally did a great job!!!!!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous!! :love: :love: :love:

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Wow!!! Those are absolutely fabulous!!! Not only are they going to be gorgeous at the wedding, but they are heirloom worthy! You know I love mahenges, and this is just about the most fabulous use of them I've ever seen! Job well done!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Wow all of your pieces are gorgeous but that necklace... just WOW!! Sally really does beautiful work!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Wow! What a gorgeous set.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I am in luuuurve!!!!! The set is so pretty and yay for Tan:)

kt

Shiny_Rock
Oh that is just sooooooo lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
:love: :appl: WOW! :appl: :love: Very nice MT! I love them all!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
That's exquisite! The spinels just glow, and the workmanship from HOW is spectacular. I love the way the necklace lays against your skin. :appl:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
This is so pretty, love the colour!

purplemelody

Rough_Rock
SO gorgeous! I can imagine how sparkly they are under the sun! 8-)

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your set is incredibly beautiful! Just stunning.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
This set is just lovely, well done!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
what a gorgeous set! :love: :love: :love:

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: just lovely!!! It looks beautiful on your neck and I love the details on the earrings. :appl: :appl:

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for your sweet comments and sharing my joy. I will return after the wedding (which starts in a few hours) and comment. But here are a few neckshots :sun: Please excuse the crummy lighting conditions.

howjspinel_necklace_neckshot2.JPG

howjspinel_necklace_neckshot3.JPG

howjspinel_necklace_neckshot4side.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mariedtiger,
Truly beautiful set.
What a brilliant idea to "utilize" small Mahenges in such a creative way! And what a wonderful work by HOW, and how well it matches your ring! To me, the necklace resembles Medieval pieces of art seen in museums. I bet you look gorgeous and sparkly! Congratulations, wear it in good health, your set is awesome.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
TRULY STUNNING!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Wow those are beautiful! Sally does great work doesn't she? Enjoy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results