shape
carat
color
clarity

Edwardian Dinner Ring - with rubies red as strawberries

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
PS, thank you so much for putting the Pre-Loved forum up: without it, I wouldn't have realized this beautiful ring had become available (via SDL - and thank you as well, my friend, most, most sincerely).

This ring really is one of the most beautiful examples of Edwardian craftsmanship I've ever seen. The filigree is perfect, the milgrain is perfect, the bezels are perfect ... and then there are the rubies. It's the rubies that made it irresistible to me ... that wonderful red glow where you know you're almost seeing the fluorescence. YUM. I've admired a lot of Edwardian and Deco dinner rings and cocktail rings, but I've been able to resist all of the diamonds, and the somewhat more rare sapphires and the even more rare emeralds ... but I'm a total sucker for rubies.

I'm having it resized as we speak so I can wear it on my middle finger instead of the ring finger (even my master-craftsman jeweler admired it), and that means I don't have it, and that means withdrawal, which I am coping with via pictures. And that made me realize it might be time to post a few!

1_edwardian_ruby.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A few more, from ... shall we say, numerous angles?

2_edwardian_ruby.jpg

3_edwardian_ruby.jpg

4_edwardian_ruby.jpg

5_edwardian_ruby.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
And a few more yet .... :wacko:

6_edwardian_ruby.jpg

7_edwardian_ruby.jpg

8_edwardian_ruby.jpg

9_edwardian_ruby.jpg

Groucho

Rough_Rock
Absolutely stunning! Wear it in good health.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Oh Circe!! I cant' tell you how badly I wanted this ring from SDL! We emailed about it but I just coudln't swing it with other things I had in the works.....I'm so so so so so jealous! It looks lovely on your finger and you are such a lovely PSer that I don't hate you as much as I should for getting this beauty. you better hope we never meet in RL because I will charm you one moment then take off running to the back door with this baby!!!

Congrats on your new ring!!!! :lickout: :appl: :love: :cheeky:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a beautiful piece! Congrats!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Circe!!! OMG!!! That is just beautiful!!!!! What a romantic piece! I am jealous jealous! Do wear it in good health and enjoy it!!!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
This ring is just so stunning! Yummy rubies!!!! :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that ring! Its really gorgeous and full of personality!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe, I cannot think of another PSer this ring fits more perfectly than you! I'm so thrilled for you that you got this ring and that you love it so much. :love: It's a perfect match!!! :appl:

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
Glad to see this went to you. It looks amazing on your finger! Can you do more handshots after you get it back? Pretty please?? :wink2:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Groucho|1373487023|3480431 said:
Absolutely stunning! Wear it in good health.

Thank you, Groucho! I appreciate the compliment and the well-wishes!

SB621 said:
Oh Circe!! I cant' tell you how badly I wanted this ring from SDL! We emailed about it but I just coudln't swing it with other things I had in the works.....I'm so so so so so jealous! It looks lovely on your finger and you are such a lovely PSer that I don't hate you as much as I should for getting this beauty. you better hope we never meet in RL because I will charm you one moment then take off running to the back door with this baby!!!

Thanks, SB - I feel just the same about many items in your gorgeous collection. We could probably get a pretty good heist farce going in the vein of "A Fish Called Wanda" ....

Laila619 said:
It is a beautiful piece! Congrats!

Thank you Laila!

dragonfly411 said:
Circe!!! OMG!!! That is just beautiful!!!!! What a romantic piece! I am jealous jealous! Do wear it in good health and enjoy it!!!

Thank you, Dragonfly! That's the perfect word for it - it is romantic! I've never been a hearts-and-flowers sort, so it feels like this more than makes up for every lacey valentine and heart-shaped velvet box I ever felt a little wistful about passing up. :love:

bastetcat said:
This ring is just so stunning! Yummy rubies!!!! :love:

Thank you, BC! They really are almost ... edible. :devil: Funny how many things trigger that sensory response - mouthwatering gems, perfume that smells so good you want to nibble on the extremity bearing it. At least, the good ones do!

tyty333 said:
I love that ring! Its really gorgeous and full of personality!

TyTy333, thank you! I love the personality. Like hanging out with the coolest Gibson Girl on the block.

missy said:
Circe, I cannot think of another PSer this ring fits more perfectly than you! I'm so thrilled for you that you got this ring and that you love it so much. :love: It's a perfect match!!! :appl:

Aw, that may be the nicest compliment ever - thank you, Missy! I definitely think it's my new "statement" piece. I'm looking forward to wearing it next to my french-cut-diamond-big-ruby-carre-stack. :cheeky:

vinjewels said:
Glad to see this went to you. It looks amazing on your finger! Can you do more handshots after you get it back? Pretty please?? :wink2:

Thanks, VinJewels! You don't have to ask me twice ... I strongly suspect I'm going to be wandering around holding my hand out like something out of Moulin Rouge. :mrgreen:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is seriously one of the most beautiful rings I have ever seen *sigh* :love: :love: :love: I keep looking at your wonderful pics and admiring all of the amazing details - the workmanship, the diamonds, those delicious rubies, the overall design - it's just a joy to look at! I think it's going to look perfect on the middle finger too, good plan! :cheeky:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm so glad that it stayed in the PS family so that I can oogle it now and then! It is one of my fav colored stone rings on PS!! Those rubies are TDF!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I lusted over this beauty when she was for sale :devil: I tried to justify buying her...but just couldn't. It is one of the coolest rings I've ever seen, a real beauty, and definitely fits your style :)) Enjoy and post a lot of pics, I will admire her from afar :love:

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sooo jealous! LOVE this!

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
It's :love: Congrats and wear it in good health.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
*THUD!!!* drop dead gorgeous! How beautiful are those strawberries? :appl: glad this ring joined your collection so we can see it every now and then.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Your collection is far and away my favorite on PS and this is my favorite part of your collection. It is PERFECTION. I too was frantically figuring out what I could sell to purchase it but when I saw you got it I was thrilled that it was going to such a deserving home.

You have some extraordinary jewels, Circe!!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dying wityh envy right now. Begged hubby for this ring but no funds (well we did just get a new car...) :blackeye:

Glad it went to a wonderful home where I can admire it from afar. :love:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another confession to lusting after this one but I have too many other things to pay for right now *sigh* but I am glad it went to a great PS home!!!!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! I agree with Missy that this ring suits you to a tee. Honestly, they just don't make 'em like they used to -- outstanding old-world workmanship on this ring!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that ring! I was so surprised when SDL put it up for sale. I am so glad you were able to purchase it Circe. What a wonderful piece.
I hope you wear it a lot, it is so wonderful. The rubies are stunning, and really so are the diamonds. Love love love.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I'm SO glad this went to another PSer!! Circe, it'll be fabulous on your middle finger :sun:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous ring. It waited for you! (altho I do admit, like others, to have SERIOUSLY thought about it...)

I think it will look perfect on your middle finger.

You took some great pictures--details captured so well, you can even see the different colors of the stones!

Wear this ring in health. I am not saying I am not jeali! :devil:

cheers--Sharon

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring looks like it was tailor made for you! :appl: :love:

(Now tell me about this time machine of yours...)

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Circe|1373499793|3480658 said:
SB621 said:

Thanks, SB - I feel just the same about many items in your gorgeous collection. We could probably get a pretty good heist farce going in the vein of "A Fish Called Wanda" ....

You best believe!!! I hope we do meet up in NYC as I would LOOVOOEEEE to see this in person. Just make sure you put a tracking beacon on it if you want it back. :twisted:

meg_

Shiny_Rock
Wow! So gorgeous! :lickout: :lickout:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
This is seriously so perfect for you Circe!!! It is totally your style and I love how in love you are with it ::)

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm wild with envy, this ring is gorgeous. Love and treasure it always!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results