shape
carat
color
clarity

Educate me on my spinel purchase

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I picked up the stone from the post office on my way to the airport. I actually love it for some strange reason. Yes - it is darker than the photo probably due to the extreme extinction. The stone itself is such a pretty color if it wasn''t so dark!!! I am sure most of you will say it isn''t a well cut stone but I don''t know why I feel a special attachment to it even though it is soooo dark.

I also bought two more cheapie stones from the seller. The other two were yucky. One looked extremely included and the other has a huge window. I went crazy one day and bought a ton of stones that haven''t arrived yet - I am sure I will be in for lots more disappointments.

I will try to send photos when I get home over the weekend. I have to decide if I should return it or not even though I do like it.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you did really well. I hope it pans out to be all you hoped for and more. Ebay is a crapshoot, but you really can find some nice bargains that you wouldn''t be able to find in person!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2008 1:06:49 AM
Author: CharmyPoo
The power of photoshop. I am going to have LOGR change the setting a bit since I have to custom make it for my finger size anyways. What do you think?
I love the way your ring looks and the stone is beautiful. It has character and the color reminds me of red wine. It''s funny because I''ve been looking at the stones on ebay and have been placing some bids on them as well. Not planning to spend alot of $$ so I know what I may end up with. It''s just a fun thing to do.

But If I''m going to put the stone into jewelry, I do get it directly from the cutters/dealers that I have heard from here in PS.

But I
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
your ring.

Please post pictures of your ring and the stones.... would love to see them!

mimi

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I wish you would post pictures of it!!

I''m glad that you''re happy with the stone.

Ebay is fun, it reminds me of treasure hunting! You can find lots of junk on ebay, but sometimes amongst the junk, there is some treasure. I just got a really pretty blue/green tourmaline of about 2 carats in a nice elongated step cut from ebay. I also took a chance for the first time and got a sapphire, a purple one. It has a window bigger than the one in your office, but not at all evident in the listing picture (nice lighting tricks and there was a video). Ugh!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I will post photos as soon as I get home (Friday night). I am sure most people won''t find it pretty but something draws me to it. I love the shape and it has beautiful purple and red flashes. It actually sparkle a lot behind the hidden darkness. I am almost tempted to see if I can get it re-cut because I do love the stone. It''s the best out of the 4 I have received to date (then again - it cost about 20 times more than the other stones)

mus

Shiny_Rock
Can you tell us who are your favorite ebay''s sellers ?
Do you know serious and honest ebay''s sellers ?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Here is the spinel (not very pretty). All the white specks is just dust.

darkredspinel.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the spinel is pretty. Is that your picture? I like the cuttiing and polish on it (I'm a sucker for cushions).

mochi

Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely! Are you going to put it into a ring?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Yeah - that is my picture under bright light. It does have a beautiful shape and isn't cut too badly (according to Jeff White). The problem is that it is very dark and that photo doesn't show it's true color. I will get another one on here.

Mochi - I haven't decided what to do with it. It was my intention to put it in a ring and I think it will look perfect in a legacy type setting. I am not sure how I feel anymore since it is so dark. I will get it identified first to make sure it isn't glass.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results