shape
carat
color
clarity

EC''s ..show me some LIFE!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, so I''ve been thinking. Since this is a thread for the love of all things emerald cut, I thought it would be good to post our fave styles and pics of celebrity rings, other PSers, although if they are EC wearers they should be on this thread anyway, and of course our own ECs.

So, I''ll start..............this makes me weak at the knees this ring, its a Leon Mege masterpiece, ring with 2.57 ct white emerald-cut diamond; centre stone is GIA certified stone G VVS1, side stones are 0.48 ct total weight trapezoids G/VVS.

it would look smashing with my 5-stone.................DH has a look of horror on his face when I show him this.

one day it will be mine........oh yes, it will be mine!!! *evil grin*

POLM-R841.jpg

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
PO...soooooooo happy you posted that here. Look down a page or so in the various threads and you'll see an entire post with me asking YOU about this very ring. I saw that you emailed about it from DUTCH'S post...
I was wondering if you'd mind giving us a hint on what Leon stated as the price on that badboy... I totally agree...it's THE ring..(you know I'm an EC/TRAP gal)...and I'm dying to know how much the 2.57 g/vvs beauty goes for.

I'll definitely do a chant for you....because if you believe it enough...it will be yours someday....ha....
it is amazing...(wouldn't ya totally take a trip to NYC just to see it in person???!!!!)

OH...BTW....love the idea of this thread becoming ALL THINGS EC....I'd change the name if I could... have fun here and anything step cut related applies...so all time fav's that we can salivate over and dream about are like appetizers at the party!!
emsmilep.gif

And...I AGREE, PO...all EC'ers here should be joining us, but if they don't....I'm all for posting the fav's from PS here as well...as long as everyone thinks the owners wouldn't mind. (I, for one, think a real PS'er would be flattered. I know I would...ha!! Although, I've been lurking long enough to remember the one incident where someone was actually offended at people posting. What's THAT all about??!!! I can't imagine she was an EC owner
emwink.gif
)
Hope everyone's having a TERRIFIC TUESDAY!

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/14/2008 11:27:32 PM
Author: idreamofice
Mimzy! I can''t believe I forgot to mention your ring...I really really love your ring! I think it''s beautiful....

thanks!
9.gif

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
OH...MY...GOSH... LADYLULU....I'd be lying if I'd said I hadn't drooled over your ring before...(yeah, my name is GemALLogist and I'm an EC-aholic
emsmileo.gif
...)
but, I'm soooo thrilled so see you HERE...you've got to post MORE pics...you just MUST!! Your ring really IS a dream...WOW....
It is classic and gorgeous, yet so unique with the five-stones!
I will dream about it tonight...

WELCOME TO THE PARTY.... we're having lots o' fun...
come to play as often as possible...and bring your friends..ha!

samii

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/14/2008 10:29:14 PM
Author: GemALLogist
Sorry if it seems like I''m talking too much with so many posts in a row...something just hit me.
Just wanted to say, I''d love to see more pics...maybe outside ones or natural light ones... from UCLA and DANI (where''re your pics here?!
emteeth.gif
) and ZHU and NEL. (so many others are great outdoor/sunny shots...thanks for all of them....)

Samii....question for you: do you find the life of yours is different BECAUSE of the unique Crisscut??? Does it perform a lot differently than a traditional EC?

NEBE...A HUGE APOLOGY that I never thanked you for posting the asschers from YOUTUBE...that was soooo great of you. I think I must''ve been blinded by PO''s pics right below yours and I got sidetracked. THANKS so much....
Hi Gem

Sorry about the delayed response. I think the Crisscut probably makes some difference since it has 77 facets rather than the 44 or 46 that a standard Emerald Cut. Having said that I have seen some EC''s perform well too. I can tell you that my now FI wasn''t sold on it until the lady who owned the jewellers stood across the room with a radiant ring the same size on one hand and mine on the other - and from that distance there wasn''t even a competition - mine was like disco ball.

It all comes to the eye of the beholder though...

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just read in another thread that there was an open invitation for Asschers in here.
2.gif

The fire is sooooo hard to capture, but I do have some shots of mine that I like. I desperately need a new camera!

First, head on, in the shade.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
A little coy.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Little rainbows.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
More fire.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lastly, this is indoors, at night, a 60w bulb is about 10 ft. to my left.

original.aspx

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
SAMII....so glad you got back to me. I''ve never seen a cut like yours in person...I''d absolutely love to see the differences...yours is one killer ring!!

LAUREN...WELCOME, WELCOME. Yes...ASSCHER LOVERS are more than welcome here....it''s more of a step cut party
emotion-5.gif
!!!
I wish I could change the title on ''the invitation''...so please tell all of your asscher friends...lol!
I LOVE your pics...great additions... you really were able to capture the personality of your beauty!!!
I love your set...your center is incredibly artistic....it''s like a well thought out masterpiece...and these pics show it off so well...I love how it captures the fire... it''s a ''dancer'', for sure! And, now, can we talk about those bands??!!! C''mon! What a pair....perfect frame to show off your ering....
you''ve got great taste and I''m so glad you joined us.
We have a lot of fun here...so check back as often as you''d like.... all you have to bring is your killer stone.

Now, if you''ve read the thread..the funniest part is....your ''hostess'' doesn''t even own her own stone YET.... I''m in the design mode, shall we say...
but positive thinking will have me flashing a step cut by early summer...I HOPE!!!!! (think good thoughts, think good thoughts!!!)

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Lauren

I have been admiring your set for the longest time and never actually told you how much I love it. I especially love the fact that your DH designed it and had it made for you. I love modern rings that are a wee bit different and I adore all things step cut, whether they are EC, Baguette, Asscher or Crisscut, its the angles and the flashes that I love more than the other cuts, although I do appreciate them too but not quite in the same way. I also love big chunky settings so your set it just gorgeous.

Lady Lulu - I just luuuuuuuuuuuuuv your ring. Its timeless and as you can see from my previous post, Leon is a god!!

Sammi - exquisite, seriously gorgeous and unique, love it too.

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
Well said, PO...
emteeth.gif
Hey, do you have a fav celeb EC?

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/28/2008 10:24:59 AM
IDREAM... that is insufferable. OK, ladies...let''s all channel the ''DELIVER THE EC/HALO'' vibes for IDREAM... we must concentrate on getting her reunited with that lit-from-within beauty now adorned by its spectacular new coat!!!!!

No worries, I DREAM...when we put our heads together...all those vibes will have some sort of impact, no doubt!
Ha Ha! Thanks....I actually just got off the phone with the jeweler to check on the status because she told me it might be in by the end of the month...but it is not here yet. She did put a rush on it though....sigh....lol.

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Lady LuLu - Wow! that ring of yours is AMAZING!!
30.gif
30.gif

Lauren - you already know how much I love your asscher!

Sammi - I know I''ve said it before but gosh I really think your ring is soooo cool. I luv the cut!! I wish I could see one in person...

Po - That leon ring is GORGEOUS!! I hope one day it will be yours!!

I will always have a soft spot for 3 stone EC rings.....that is what I wanted since I was a little girl!! BUT Halo''s stole my heart!.....for now lol.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2008 1:05:44 PM
SAMII....so glad you got back to me. I''ve never seen a cut like yours in person...I''d absolutely love to see the differences...yours is one killer ring!!

LAUREN...WELCOME, WELCOME. Yes...ASSCHER LOVERS are more than welcome here....it''s more of a step cut party
emotion-5.gif
!!!
I wish I could change the title on ''the invitation''...so please tell all of your asscher friends...lol!
I LOVE your pics...great additions... you really were able to capture the personality of your beauty!!!
I love your set...your center is incredibly artistic....it''s like a well thought out masterpiece...and these pics show it off so well...I love how it captures the fire... it''s a ''dancer'', for sure! And, now, can we talk about those bands??!!! C''mon! What a pair....perfect frame to show off your ering....
you''ve got great taste and I''m so glad you joined us.
We have a lot of fun here...so check back as often as you''d like.... all you have to bring is your killer stone.

Now, if you''ve read the thread..the funniest part is....your ''hostess'' doesn''t even own her own stone YET.... I''m in the design mode, shall we say...
but positive thinking will have me flashing a step cut by early summer...I HOPE!!!!! (think good thoughts, think good thoughts!!!)
Thank you for your super kind words. I''m blushing over here. Seriously!
4.gif

I will certainly think good thoughts for you! My sister is a HUGE EC fan, and I''ve sent her the link to this thread. She''s shy, though.
2.gif

So, how do you want to have yours set? I''m in love with all of these pave halos, but also love the sleekness of a soltaire setting, or with a couple of traps or baguettes. I think my sister is going to go a similar route to mine and Neatfreak''s lovely new ring - bezel set east/west in wg, maybe with a burnished in baguette on either side, but who knows.

I''ll keep my eye on this thread. Gorgeous stuff, ladies!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2008 1:41:19 PM
Author: Po10472
Hey Lauren

I have been admiring your set for the longest time and never actually told you how much I love it. I especially love the fact that your DH designed it and had it made for you. I love modern rings that are a wee bit different and I adore all things step cut, whether they are EC, Baguette, Asscher or Crisscut, its the angles and the flashes that I love more than the other cuts, although I do appreciate them too but not quite in the same way. I also love big chunky settings so your set it just gorgeous.

Lady Lulu - I just luuuuuuuuuuuuuv your ring. Its timeless and as you can see from my previous post, Leon is a god!!

Sammi - exquisite, seriously gorgeous and unique, love it too.
PO, I don''t think I''ve ever told you that I''m a wild fan of your set, too - especially after seeing all of your sparkly fire shots! I remember when you were originally engaged, and wondering how you were going to wear the matching wedding band, and then watching your progression with the 5 stone EC ring (I didn''t post as much back then as I do now). I LOVE how your set has turned out, and feel the same way you do about step cuts.

Thank you for your kind words about my set. It''s especially dear to me because my lovely DH worked so hard on a perfect setting, and I am NOT an easy person to please with things like jewelry. He got it spot on, IMO.

Also, I think pics make my setting look less delicate than it is in person. It''s a 2 mm shank, so in person, it''s kind of teeny, but in pics, it looks massive. I think I like how it looks in pics better.
2.gif

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
IDREAM....just promise us that when it DOES come in, we''ll be almost the first to see it..ha...
We''re waiting, waiting, waiting...we are feeling your pain ...we''re so excited for you!

LAUREN...your set "SO" belongs here...your pics are mesmerizing!! Thanks for asking about what I''ve put into motion. I''m going the EC/angled trap route...I like when the stones are angled off the center...three stones....in a thin plat band..possibly with some engraving/carving..not sure about that part, although I was shown a setting like that....
That''s all I know...my dbf is taking it from here. I''m thinking it''ll be at least July, but I know it''s in the works, so I''m trying to have fun with the anticipation part, although I admittedly make him crazy with my impatience sometimes. I think I should probably head over to the LIW forum for some therapy sessions...LOL!!! If you look back a couple pages, there''s a pic of one of several settings I sent as ''inspiration.''

PLEASE TELL YOUR SISTER SHE MUST COME... OK, well, it''s not mandatory or anything
emwink.gif
...but she''ll have fun, I promise... we need all the representation we can get. My goal is to build up the EC/step cut presence on PS as much as possible and I don''t even have mine yet...

HAVE A GREAT NIGHT EVERYONE!!!! WE SURVIVED HUMP DAY...WEEKEND IS ONLY A COUPLE DAYS AWAY...YIPPEE!

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
OK....since I asked for some input on celeb step cuts...I want opinions on Mariah''s ring...
let''s take a poll...
TDF or TOO MUCH?

Mariah.jpg

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
I also wanted to add in FASHION VICTIM'S mom's set....we have an earlier shot of the ering upgrade...but the set is really amazing. I thought it should be here amongst its own kind...it's much too pretty to leave it hidden in an old thread. FV, hope you don't mind!

fashionvictim.jpg

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/1/2008 5:49:31 PM
here''s another look...
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
WAY too much, IMO. EEK!

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
Hey TBE...I'm with you, and it takes a lot for me to say that LOL...
ALTHOUGH...., as your host, I think I'm ashamed for posting a potentially negative post...
I said ALL STEP CUTTERS are welcome..and if MARIAH wants to pop on by, she's welcome... can you imagine?
35.gif
(That's to Mariah!)
Am I the most guilt ridden person on here or what?
23.gif

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock

OK, lets get this show on the road. For fear of putting in the wrong stats, I''m not going to add any..............lets start with a corker!!

The Krupp

Po-kruppdiamond.jpg

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
DiamondFan

Po-Diamondfan.jpg

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
Thanks a lot, PO...How am I supposed to work this aft when I''ve got the KRUPP to stare at???!!!
Isn''t that a marvel?
Seriously....WOW, WOW, WOW.....

keep em comin''!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
my gosh.... why isn't DIAMONDFAN the GUEST OF HONOR at this party?????!!!!!
We must get her over here.......
we need new/more pics of her ring....
I think I just saw her in another thread...I'm going to see if I can 'invite' her personally....I'd send her a personal chariot for more pics of that ring!

BTW, PO, you're the best!

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Diamond Dana

Po-Diamond Dana.jpg

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
DiDiamond

Po-DiDiamond New.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results